• The Corner Cafe in the Blazy Mall in Soldotna will be showing a colorful collection of Hand Painted Art Quilts by Chelline Larsen through the month of March. Call 260-9113 for more details.
• The Sterling Community Center invites artists, crafters, and vendors to participate in its Spring Craft & Vendor Fair to be held Saturday, March 29, 2014, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the SC Center. $30 for a space, $10 to rent a table. Limit 1 vendor per product line. Visit www.sterlingcommunityclub.com for a registration form, or visit the Sterling Community Center in person. Call 262-7224 or email email@example.com for more information.
• A free PEEP’s Children’s Art Workshop will be held on Saturday, March 22nd from 1-4pm. Teachers will provide instruction and encouragement for artists of all ages at the Kenai Visitors & Cultural Center. This is a great opportunity to get creative for the Kenai Birding Festival’s PEEP’s Art Contest.
• AmVets Post 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind doubles darts every Friday evening with sign up at 6:30 p.m. Tacos are available; and burn your own steak dinner from 6 to 8 p.m every Saturday with Karaoke after dinner from 8 p.m. to midnight.
• Join Steve and Fern Holloway for Karaoke every Saturday night at the Kenai Moose Lodge. Singing starts at 9 p.m. and everyone is welcome.
• An all acoustic jam takes place every Thursday. The jam is as Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna on the first Thursday of the month, and at the Kenai Senior Center during the rest of the month. Jam starts at 6:30 p.m.
• Veronica’s in Old Town Kenai has open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. This Saturday we have Mike and Ktmea from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Come in and enjoy some homemade soups, dessert, delicious coffee and a great homey feel, see you then.
• Four Royal Parkers on the Kenai Spur Highway in Soldotna has live music with Bob Ramponi and the Alaska Swing Company Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.
• Odie’s Deli in Soldotna has live music Friday from 6-8 p.m. and Pub Quiz night every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
• The Studio Espresso Shop at Spur Highway and Nikiski Avenue in Nikiski hosts an open mic night on Saturdays starting at 7 p.m. Call 776-7655.
• The Nikiski Senior In-Home Services’ Spring Craft Bazaar and Bake Sale will be held April 11-12 from 10 a.m. to 5p.m. Booth reservations are being accepted at $10 a day (tables not provided). For more information call Laurajean at 776.7586.
• This Friday evening, March 21, at the Kenai Fine Arts Center, local writers will meet and read from their latest work between 6-8pm. Doors open at 6p.m. The public is invited and encouraged to bring samples of their own writing to read aloud and discuss. Kenai Fine Arts Center provides free refreshments.
• The Bow bar in Kenai has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays and live music Fridays, Saturdays at 10 p.m.
• Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
• The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, and DJ Arisen on Saturdays.
• Mykel’s in Soldotna has live music Thursdays from 6-9 p.m. with Robb Justice, and Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m. with Bob Ramponi.
• The Duck Inn will have live music from 7 to 10 p.m. every Wednesday with Robb Justice and Trio.
• Main Street Tap and Grill has Wednesday karaoke with KJ Natalia, Thursday acoustic music with Dustin and Friends and Keeley & Nelson, and live music and dancing with 9Spine Friday and Saturday.
• The public is invited to attend Kenai Peninsula College’s Art Student League Association (ASLA) spaghetti feed donation fundraiser at Kenai Lodge #11 36086 Kenai Spur Rd on March 23, 2014 from 4-8 p.m. Desserts will be available for sale by auction. Six art degree students will be taking their scholarships abroad to deepen their understanding of the art they have only seen in books. Working to earn money toward this project for four years, they are now in the final stages of preparation for their journey. Please show your support by bringing your family to this event.
• All are invited to the monthly session of Blue Grass held in the Fellowship Hall of the Kenai United Methodist Church. March’s session will be held on Sunday, March 16 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Musicians and listeners are warmly urged to participate. There is no charge. Participants are urged to enter through the side door of the church. For more information call Jim Evenson at 776-8060.
• Celebrate Spring Break by watching free movies at the library. Friday March 14 from 2-4:30 p.m. visit the library to watch the film based on the award-winning novel Catching Fire. Large screen experience, refreshments are provided. Children under the age of 10, please bring an adult.
• Soldotna High School Presents “Twelve Angry Jurors.” Come see Soldotna High School’s adaptation of the classic play Twelve Angry Men! Performances will
take place in Soldotna High School’s auditorium March 27, 28, and 29th at 7:00, with a special matinee performance on the 29th at 1 p.m. This play will be performed arena style with the audience on the stage, so tickets are limited for each show! Admission is $5.00 a person.
• Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
• Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
Down the Road
• The Pratt Museum in Homer is open Tuesday-Sunday, noon-5 p.m. For more information and a schedule of events, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.