• KDLL’s fifth annual BBQ, Burgers and Blues fundraiser will take place from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Vagabond Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road, with live music, barbecue dinner and a beer garden to support public radio. Music by Bill Larned, the Spirit Daddies, Chris Robinson and Barnickel. Bluesman Gary Sloan takes the stage at 9 p.m. For more information, call Jenny Neyman at 283-8433 or visit www.kdll.org.
Events and Exhibitions
• An exhibition by Sonya Kelliher-Combs is on display at the Kenai Fine Art Center, 816 Cook Avenue, Old Town Kenai. All galleries are open from noon to 5:00 pm Wednesday through Saturday, staffed by volunteer artist participation. Call 907-283-7040 for further information.
• Donations are requested for original works of art to be auctioned off at Kenai Fine Art Center’s annual Harvest Auction September 30, at the gallery located at 816 Cook Avenue in Old Town Kenai. Donations may be submitted from noon to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday until August 26. The donated works will become the September show, hanging September 1 - 29. For more information, call 907-283-7040 or stop by during open hours.
• The Kenai Peninsula Woodturners 2017 Summer Exhibit is on display at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, 11471 Kenai Spur Highway in Kenai. Call 283-1991.
• ARTspace Drawer is on display at the Soldotna Library, the first annual collection of locally created 2D art. The first of its kind in Alaska, this display is made possible by a partnership between Soldotna Rotary, ARTspace Inc., and the Soldotna Public Library.
• The Alaska Ocean Observing System is now accepting submissions for their 2017 short film contest! Films should center around Alaska’s coast and oceans, and must be under 10 minutes in length. The deadline to submit is September 15. For more information and to submit a film, go to aoos.org. Questions can be directed to Holly Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Summertime in Soldotna – Music in the Park Concert Series will feature Sally and George from 6-9 p.m. Wednesday.
• Veronica’s in Old Town Kenai has Open Mic from 6-8 p.m. Friday, and live music on Saturday with Recess Duty at 6:30 p.m. Reservations encouraged. Call Veronica’s at 283-2725.
• Goody2Shoes Dancehall and Cafe, Mile 132.6, 13364 Sterling Highway in Ninilchick, has a DJ and karaoke on Friday from 5-8 p.m. $5 cover. Saturday features the 8 Mile Band playing traditional country from 5-8 p.m., $5 cover. Goody2Shoes is a non-alcoholic, non-smoking establishment. For more info call 907-252-6326 or www.goody2shoes.us.
• A bluegrass jam takes place on the first Sunday of the month at from 1-4 p.m. at the Mount Redoubt Baptist Church on South Lovers Loop in Nikiski.
• The Flats Bistro on Kalifornsky Beach Road has live music with Daniel Tuttle Mondays from 6-8 p.m.; Pat Wendt on Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m.; Garrett Mayer on Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.; and Robb Justice on Fridays from 8-10 p.m.
• An all acoustic jam takes place every Thursday. The jam is at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna on the first Thursday of the month, and at the Kenai Senior Center during the rest of the month. Jam starts at 6:30 p.m.
• AmVets Post 4 has reopened in its brand new building on Kalifornsky Beach across from Jumpin’ Junction. Eligible veterans and their families are invited to stop by to find out more about AmVets and their involvement in the Veteran community. For members and invited guests, Friday night dance to “Running with Scissors,” and Saturday Burn your own steak and karaoke with Cowboy Don.
• Odie’s Deli in Soldotna has live music Friday from 6-8 p.m. and Pub Quiz night every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
• The Bow bar in Kenai has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays and live music Fridays, Saturdays at 10 p.m.
• The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, and DJ Arisen on Saturdays.
• Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 or visit http://www.orcatheater.com for listings and times.
• Visit Kenai Cinema at www.catheatres.com for listings and times.
Fairs, Markets and Bazaars
• The Saturday Market at the Kenai Visitors Center is open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday through Sept. 2.
• The Farmers Fresh Market is open from 3-6 p.m. on Tuesdays into September at the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
• The Soldotna Wednesday Market is open from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. on Wednesdays at Soldotna Creek Park.
• The Central Kenai Peninsula Farmers’ Market is open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays at the corner of East Corral and the Kenai Spur Highway in Soldotna.
Down the Road
• The Pratt Museum in Homer is from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. For more information and a schedule of events, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
• The Pratt Museum is now accepting exhibition proposals for the 2018 and 2019 calendar years. Download and complete the Exhibition Proposal Form by Sept. 6, complete a form online. The Pratt exhibits committee will review proposals and make recommendations in September-October. For additional information, including the Pratt Museum’s mission, programming, and past exhibits, please visit www.prattmuseum.org. Proposal information can be found under the “Exhibits” tab.
Submissions may be emailed to news@peninsulaclarion. com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.