• Soldotna High School’s drama program is performing Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” Nov. 9-11 at the SoHi auditorium. Showtime is at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10.
Events and Exhibitions
• KDLL’s Adventure Talks program visits the Valley of 10,000 Smokes in Katmai National Park and Preserve this month. Tune in to 91.9 FM KDLL at 10 a.m. Nov. 15 to learn about the geology of the valley, site of the largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century. And come to a live photo presentation at 7 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center with KDLL’s Jenny Neyman. Admission to the live event is free for KDLL members and $5 for nonmembers. For more information, visit www.kdll.org or call 283-8433.
• Sammy Crawford, a local retired educator, shares a photographic journey into Tibet, Bhutan and Nepal Nov. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Kenai Fine Art Center, 816 Cook Avenue in Old town Kenai. Come enjoy this award winning instructor share an amazing experience and enrich your mind.
• “Threads &Dots!” and “Olga’s Oils” are on display for the month of November at the Kobuk Kaladi’s Coffee Shop. There will be an Opening Reception today from 4-6 p.m. Meet the artists Connie Goltz and Olga Silver.
• Peninsula Art Guild/Kenai Fine Art Center’s Whimsical Wearable Arts show opens today and hangs through Nov. 25 at Kenai Fine Art Center.
• ARTspace Drawer is on display at the Soldotna Library, the first annual collection of locally created 2D art. The first of its kind in Alaska, this display is made possible by a partnership between Soldotna Rotary, ARTspace Inc., and the Soldotna Public Library.
• The Vagabond Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has live music with the Xtratuf Cowboys at 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Both nights are non-smoking shows.
• Veronica’s in Old Town Kenai has Open Mic from 6-8 p.m. Friday, and live music with Garrett Ennis on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. Reservations encouraged. Call Veronica’s at 283-2725.
• A bluegrass jam takes place on the first Sunday of the month at from 1-4 p.m. at the Mount Redoubt Baptist Church on South Lovers Loop in Nikiski.
• The Flats Bistro on Kalifornsky Beach Road has live music with Daniel Tuttle Mondays from 6-8 p.m.; Pat Wendt on Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m.; Garrett Mayer on Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m.; and Robb Justice on Fridays from 8-10 p.m.
• An all acoustic jam takes place every Thursday. The jam is at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna on the first Thursday of the month, and at the Kenai Senior Center during the rest of the month. Jam starts at 6:30 p.m.
• AmVets Post 4 has reopened in its brand new building on Kalifornsky Beach across from Jumpin’ Junction. Eligible veterans and their families are invited to stop by to find out more about AmVets and their involvement in the Veteran community. For members and invited guests, Friday night dance to “Running with Scissors,” and Saturday Burn your own steak and karaoke with Cowboy Don.
• Odie’s Deli in Soldotna has live music Friday from 6-8 p.m. and Pub Quiz night every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.
• The Bow bar in Kenai has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays and live music Fridays, Saturdays at 10 p.m.
• The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, and DJ Arisen on Saturdays.
• Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 or visit http://www.orcatheater.com for listings and times.
• Visit Kenai Cinema at www.catheatres.com for listings and times.
Fairs, Markets and Bazaars
• The Redoubt Homemakers FCE Fall Bazaar is 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 11 at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1, Spur Hwy Milepost 17.9.
Items for sale will inlcude quilts, pillows, aprons, towels, cookbooks, hot pads, scrubbies, Alaska-grown jams and jellies, “Spirit of Alaska Women” books, unique ornaments by Margaret Dubber, quillows, baked goods and much more.
• The Sterling Senior Center will be sponsoring it’s annual Christmas Craft Fair and Bake Sale on Nov. 10-11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Handmade crafts, baked goods, and Elderberry Cafe serving lunch. For further information, call 262-6808.
• Lutheran Women’s Missionary League members are hosting a Christmas Bazaar to help fund mission projects locally, nationally and internationally, Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. -4 p.m. at Star of the North Lutheran Church, 216 N Forest Drive in Kenai. Baked goods and craft items will be available for sale to provide funds for mission projects. Members distribute all funds to help those less fortunate. For more information call 283-4153 or 398-4846.
• The 2017 Arts and Crafts Fair at Kenai Central High School will be open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 24-25. Come to the best of the best craft fairs on the Kenai Peninsula. Food vendors on site.
Down the Road
• The Pratt Museum in Homer is from noon-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. For more information and a schedule of events, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be emailed to news@peninsulaclarion. com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.