08/25/14 - 11:16am
A Soldotna woman who fell asleep while cooking woke up to her house on fire shortly after midnight Monday.
Central Emergency Services responded to a residential fire at 35125 Huntington Drive off of Kalifornsky Beach Road in Soldotna. When crews arrived at about 12:45 a.m., the roof of the single family home was fully involved in flames, said CES Health and Safety Officer Brad Nelson.
Two adults and three pets made it out of the house uninjured. Three Kenai firefighters were called in for extra manpower to assist the nine CES responders, Nelson said.