06/18/14 - 10:24pm
A structure used as a chicken coop caught fire in Sterling Tuesday night after a heating lamp was knocked over, according to a Central Emergency Services media release.
Firefighters from Station 3 arrived 10 minutes after the call came in at about 9:50 p.m. to Andrus Lane off Mile 79 of the Sterling Highway. The fire was put out in 10 minutes, according to the release. Nobody was injured in the fire, but several chickens inside did not survive, said CES Health and Safety Officer Brad Nelson.