12/04/12 - 10:56pm
Kenai Peninsula firefighters extinguished a residential fire south of Soldotna on Tuesday. A wood stove insert malfunctioned, causing the fire.
No one was injured as a result of the fire.
At 1:15 p.m., Central Emergency Services responded to the report of a chimney fire in Kasilof. The first responders arrived within six minutes; they reported smoke pouring out of the home’s eaves and attic spaces, according to a CES press release.
Fire fighters confirmed the home’s two occupants were out of the house and uninjured, according to the release.