Decreasing Health Risks with Wildfire Smoke:
People should stay indoors as much as possible & keep doors and windows closed, as much as possible. Don’t worsen indoor air quality by burning candles, smoking or using fireplaces or gas stoves.
* Limit or eliminate outdoor exercise until the air clears.
* If you are near the fires where smoke or particulates are significant, or the smoke is making you sick, consider leaving the area until the air is clear again.
* Take your medications as prescribed, and use a rescue inhaler if one has been prescribed. Do not take more medication, or take it more often than prescribed.
* If you are requiring increased medication or experiencing increased symptoms, talk to your doctor and/or seek emergency medical treatment.
* Don’t trust paper masks commonly sold at hardware stores to protect you from fine debris and gases in the air. These masks are made for bigger particles, such as sawdust.