Band coming to Grace Lutheran
Branches Band, Milwaukee-based Christian band, will be presenting a concert July 27 at 7 p.m. hosted by Grace Lutheran Church, 47585 Ciechanski Road. Call 907-283-6297 for more information or directions.
Learn more about the band at www.branchesband.com.
Vacation Bible Schools
* Free Vacation Bible School will be offered July 9 to 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. and open to Pre-K through students going into 5th grade. Music, crafts, snacks, and fun while learning about God. Peninsula Grace Brethren Church, Mile 19.5 K-Beach Road. Pre-registration is appreciated. Forms available at www.tinyurl.com/pgkids. For more information, call (907)262-6442 or email email@example.com.
* Ninilchik Community Vacation Bible School will be held at the Lindeman Farm in Ninilchik July 9-13 for children ages 4 through eighth grade, from 9:30 a.m.. to 12:30 p.m. each day. For more information, call Delores at 907-567-3424.
* Lighthouse Community Church, Mile 25 of the Kenai Spur Highway, is hosting a fun filled Vacation Bible School Aug. 13-17 from 9 a.m.noon. Kids ages 4 through sixth grade are welcomed. There is no cost and registration will be each morning. Contact Kandice at 776-5454 for more information.
* Vacation Bible School at Star of the North Lutheran Church, July 23-27 from 9 a.m.-noon. Come and experience how, "Everything is possible with God." The SKY program will include: Bible learning, science fun, games, songs, treats and more. Call 283-4153 for more information or to pre-register.
* Soldotna United Methodist Church on South Binkley Street will have its annual Vacation Bible School July 16-20 from 9 a.m-noon. At "SonRise National Park" kids will be pointed right to Jesus! The event will include a park setting filled with crafts, music, Bible stories, snacks, games, and much more, with lessons on the true meaning of Peace, Riches, Power, Love and Hope. The school is open to children ages 3 to children who have just completed fifth grade. There is no cost. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-262-4657.
Path to Victory Soccer Camp
The Path to Victory Soccer Camp for boys and girls will be held at Kenai Sports Complex July 9-11. This camp will have two sessions: Grades 1-3 from 8:45-11:45 a.m. and Grades 4-6 from 12:15-3:15 p.m., and it will focus on learning and improving basic soccer skills, such as footwork, dribbling, passing and shooting. Grace Lutheran Church & School in Kenai is sponsoring the camp and bringing in Coach Tim Mueller from Wisconsin. Coach Mueller has taught physical education to grades K-8 for 20 years. He has coached middle school and elementary players for many years and runs several Path to Victory Camps each summer in Wisconsin and around the country. In addition to improving their soccer skills, players will also learn about sportsmanship and God's love for them, as they participate in a short daily devotion during the water break. There will be a Parents Night and Ice Cream Social at Grace Lutheran Church on July 11 at 6:30 p.m. There the players will have the opportunity to "show off" what they have learned in the camp. All camp participants will receive a soccer ball, camp T-shirt, and a sports edition New Testament Bible. The camp fee is $25 if paid by June 30 ($35 in July), and families can reserve a spot by visiting www.GraceLutheranKenai.com/PTV. Space is limited to the first 35 paid registrations per session.
Kenai church offers support groups
Celebrate Recovery meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Kenai Church of God. Visit www.kenaicog.com or call 283-4009 for details. Alateen Recovery group: This is a support group for teens of parents/guardians with addiction problems.
The group meets at the same time/location as the Celebrate Recovery group. "Bible Basics for women" meets every Monday at 10 a.m. at Kenai Church of God.
Clothes Quarters open weekly
Clothes Quarters at Our Lady of the Angels Church is open every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and the first Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 283-4555 for more information.
To submit church news email email@example.com.