Top 10 Bicycling Safety Tips
1. Always wear a helmet.
2. Wear brightly colored clothing.
3. Check air, breaks and chain.
4. Stop. Look left, look right, look left again before crossing or entering any street or trail.
5. Ride with traffic, on the right side of the road.
6. Ride where drivers can see you. Don’t swerve between parked cars.
7. Always look back and use hand signals before turning and stopping.
8. Obey all traffic lights and signs.
9. Obey the same traffic laws as cars.
10. When riding on trails, slow down for walkers and runners.