NLRB acts on former CPH nurse's case

Posted: April 7, 2012 - 9:56pm  |  Updated: May 17, 2012 - 4:14pm
Ray Southwell gestures during an interview in October 2010.   M. Scott Moon
M. Scott Moon
Ray Southwell gestures during an interview in October 2010.

The National Labor Relations Board is investigating and has requested a hearing based on the allegations of unfair labor practices filed by a former Central Peninsula Hospital nurse who was fired from his point in October of 2010.

Anne Pomerantz, acting regional director of the NLRB for Region 19, said the independent federal regulatory agency has found some merit in Ray Southwell’s claims against CPH.

The NLRB filed on Feb. 24 an administrative complaint regarding Southwell’s firing and the reason for it and has proceeded to prosecute the complaint by setting a hearing for May 15 in Soldotna to be heard by an administrative law judge.

“We are alleging the action that was taken against him in disciplining him and ultimately discharging him was done on an illegal basis,” Pomerantz said. “We are saying the reason underpinning it was unlawful.”

CPH Chief Executive Officer Rick Davis declined to comment on the case.

The NLRB’s cases stem from charges originally brought forward by Southwell detailing the reasons he said he was given for his termination in 2010. Specifically, one of the two charges relates to Southwell’s criticism of CPH’s management style after the November 2008 hospital shooting by Joseph Marchetti, who had been fired from his job at the hospital.

Southwell, who at the time served as the nurses’ union vice president and grievance officer said he used words to the effect that the hospital’s “environment is ripe for another shooting.”

“I felt that based on what had happened that I needed to splash this out there to the hospital board, so that they would do an investigation that they would find out what is going on because I knew there were many other employees that were frustrated, angry and frightened based on the management style,” he said.

Southwell said his criticism centered around hospital management “bullying,” which he felt was a root cause in the 2008 shooting and for other employees’ workplace frustrations. He said he personally witnessed and experienced similar management bullying.

According to information from the NLRB, Southwell posted comments on the Peninsula Clarion website and wrote Letters to the Editor criticizing CPH and its working conditions for which he was later reprimanded.

Southwell was suspended from his post on July 28, 2010. Then on Oct. 12, 2010, he posted comments on the Clarion’s website and his personal Facebook page regarding a presentation to the Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly regarding working conditions and management style at CPH. He was then fired on Oct. 18, 2010 according to records.

Previously, Southwell said he had offered his resignation to former CPH CEO Ryan Smith, who he alleged would not accept it, during a personal meeting. Southwell said Smith asked him to retract statements he made about the hospital, but Southwell refused.

Southwell said he felt his actions would ultimately lead to changes in management style, but the things he saw as a problem persisted. Southwell also alleged Smith later labeled him a “threat” to the hospital because of his comments.

Pomerantz said a second NLRB charge centers around CPH rules relating to the behavior of employees, their conduct and outside activity that might interfere or conflict with hospital operations.

“Both of those rules are alleged as overly broad and interfering with employees’ rights to engage in protected concerted activity,” Pomerantz said.

After the May 15 hearing, the judge will issue a decision and file a recommended order that will then go to the NLRB board in Washington, D.C. Any appeals from the decision would go the U.S. Court of Appeals.

“(The judge) could agree with all that we have alleged in the complaint, he could agree with none of it, he could split it down the middle ... who knows how it’ll come out,” Pomerantz said.

The NLRB will be seeking to remedy the situation through a “make whole solution,” Pomerantz said.

“We would be looking for rescission of the unlawful rules and we would be looking for obviously rescission of the discipline we claim is unlawful … and reinstatement,” she said.

Southwell said his reason for filing the charges with the NLRB and for wanting his job back relate to his desire for a “behavior change” at the hospital.

“If we don’t change the behavior, it is going to harm the employees,” he said. “What I want to accomplish is a behavior change because you can change the management, but it doesn’t change the behavior and I think it has trickled down through all of the departments.”

Southwell said he doesn’t expect any money or back pay from the case and would consider taking his job back if offered, but personal issues might factor into that decision.

“One, I’ll admit, it is a selfish reason, but I want to walk in that building as an employee again and to show that I did nothing wrong,” he said. “I want to show other employees that they too can have the courage to stand up for what’s right.”

Hmmm
Hmmm 04/08/12 - 12:03 pm
OMG

Why does the paper and government empower you yahoos? If you have a crusade there is a process: become empowered by the people through the political system and enact the changes you desire and were elected to do. You were not elected to this charge. At best you can only hope to be reinstated into a position in which both employees and employers dont desire you. I also have to have issue with someone who runs screaming to the government for help when he doesn't pay taxes. There should be a requirement to support the system you choose to use. If you don't want to crusade on your own dime, dont use mine. It is clear that any business, hospital or not would fire you for all the public comment against them. The defamity you have caused has certainly hurt their business and in case you havent figured it out, thats not your charge as an employee. Didn't you ever learn not to bite the hand that feeds you? It's OK, I don't blame you for the whole problem. The paper too needs drama to sell papers and so the let you write whatever you will to attract readers. Thats why we have to endure such articles.

Norseman 04/08/12 - 12:04 pm
This makes front page news?

This makes front page news?

The hearing is over a month away and they can only find a "back" page story at best, to put on their front page Easter Sunday edition?
Time to let my subscription expire.......

Domestic terrorist militia member gets fired from job. Go figure.......

BrianW
BrianW 04/08/12 - 01:54 pm
My 2 Cents

Norseman- I agree. It's Easter Sunday for crying outloud. Hmmm- well said.
There is a law that provides every citizen the right to speak freely. I am exercizing it right now. The problem is people abuse it and expect no consequence from that. You have the right to say what you want; but must also be willing to be held accountable for it. I certainly applaud someone standing up for what he believes is the right thing. But the defamation of character is unacceptable. If you really want change, work hard, further your education, get promoted and change things. Mid level employees can try to change things by handling departmental laundry internally. When you go public because things aren't as you may want them, there are going to be consequences. If the situation is that bad, band together and ask protest peaceably for change. Don't martyr yourself and leave everyone else to suffer under an oppressive regime. A true leader will stick it out and find the best solution for the greater good.

normolson
normolson 04/08/12 - 06:07 pm
The Consequences of Ignoring the Truth

Our hospital, a place of health and healing, suffers from a serious illness. Ironically, the very people elected or appointed to keep the hospital healthy have failed to honestly look at the injuries, hoping that by ignoring the symptoms the problems will disappear. Most of us will remember that about the time of Ray Southwell’s wrongful termination, the Hospital Service Area Board unanimously called for a management/operational audit by a professional outside agency, but the examination was refused by the Mayor and the Assembly. To keep him quiet, Southwell was told to leave. Not long ago, to prevent the call for another much-needed audit, the Assembly moved to float the idea that the SAB members be appointed by the Mayor. The Clarion’s Sunday Editorial and its below-the-fold article about Ray Southwell’s selfless effort to blow the whistle on harmful management practices show that the people want oversight and answers. Rather than searching for answers, we’re seeing an effort by hospital management, the Assembly, and the Mayor to remove or hinder objective, courageous, and non-political people who watch over OUR hospital.
Saying that SAB appointments by the Assembly and Mayor would save money and time is nothing more than a feeble excuse to gain public support and silence constructive criticism while further covering up the problems. Whether by appointing a select board or by firing a whistleblower, it is an effort to avoid real transparency. I for one look forward to the NLRB trial on May 15. Perhaps a judge can do what neither the former CEO, the Mayor, or the Assembly have refused to do: To declare that the hospital’s ills are self-induced by people we trusted to keep it well.

After thought: During his crusade to enact fairness and justice for employees, Southwell became a symbol of hope that maybe someday the bullying and retaliation would cease. He did not fail in giving hope, and that small glimmer of hope could very well have been that which the next Joseph Marchetti hung on to.

But of course, sometimes the truth is not welcomed.

Hope to see you at the trial

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/08/12 - 10:01 pm
HMMMMMM

For three years I have attempted to have the Clarion write an article about the bullying management style at CPH.

Documentation is there.

Was there any concern from the hospital corporate board-NO.
Was there any concern from the Borough Assembly-NO
see-

. Was there any concern from the Clarion-NO-until now- after Dr. Krull talked about the bullying management style.

I stand corrected. If my memory serves me well, the Clarion did support an operational audit of the hospital back in October 2009, after the elected Service Area Board unanimously recommended one to the Borough Assembly.

Now the Clarion shows the concerns supported by the NLRB and you question the papers judgment. I say its about time.

Are you interested in the illegal activities of CPH? Are you interested in the abusive management style?

It has been my experience people fear loss(usually money) more than they believe they can change anything by taking a risk.

What makes you think I pay no taxes?

There are two certainties in life-Death and Taxes. Unless you are a person like GE who pay no federal taxes and will live forever.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/08/12 - 08:25 pm
Brian W.

The employees did band together. When they did, the leaders were isolated and attacked. It has happened to others and it happened to me. When the surgeons banded together, they were threatened.

Dr. Krull said it best. In reference to the hospital management-they told him-

"You join us or we are going to beat you down,’” Krull said. “That kind of talk continued when we did our surgery center proposal and we were told straight up by the administrator, ‘If you do this, I will make your life very difficult and your reputation will be harmed in the community and furthermore we are going to hire around you if you do that.’”

see- http://peninsulaclarion.com/news/2012-03-18/officials-talk-medical-divide

You also need to understand Labor Laws a little better. Study Labor history and the term “concerted activities.”

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/08/12 - 08:45 pm

I am always a little slow on this political issue you bring up.

You state- “Domestic terrorist militia member gets fired from job."

I consider myself a militia leader.
Where is your documentation that I am a “domestic terrorist?”

You do have a right to your opinion. What do they say about opinions, they are like noses, we all have one. My opinion is supported by facts.

I keep getting this left/right politics confused. The militia is called "right wing extremist group." The NLRB is that "Union loving leftest organization", loved by President Obama and hated by the right wing extremists. Maybe I am a closet President Obama lover. I am confused.

Can you explain to me why the NLRB would support such a bad person like me?

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/08/12 - 09:57 pm
For the record

Central Peninsula Hospital employees are some of the toughest people I have ever met, with the nurses leading the way.

The list of employees that have endured the Bullying management style is long.

These employees endure the threats and deliver some of the best care I have ever seen in my 43 years of healthcare experience.

Beyond the bullying, the nurses rose above all others during the shooting in November 2008. They are my heros and I want the best for them all.

I complain about the management style, but the care to our patients is number one!

Norseman 04/09/12 - 05:37 am
soutwell

It is the FBI that considers your group a domestic terrorist membership.
quote..."The FBI considers sovereign-citizen extremists as comprising a domestic terrorist movement, which, scattered across the United States, has existed for decades, with well-known members, such as Terry Nichols, who helped plan the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, bombing.."

The nurses wrote and SIGNED an editorial piece a year or so ago stating that you and a couple of other disgruntled employees were all that was involved in your constant whining about your job.
The vast majority of nurses that signed that editorial did not support you in the least bit. They in fact felt that you were just a trouble maker and did not reflect the true reality of the working conditions between the nurses and management.
I am sure that will all be heard in the hearing.
As fas the nlrb goes, they have a history of hearing cases for kkk members, militia members, sex offenders, etc. in other words they will defend anyone, so what. That is your right to use that agency just like anyone else.
Most in our community do not want a member of a domestic terrorist movement named by the FBI, working in our hospital. We the Taxpayers foot the bill for the payroll. I know I definitely do not want any of my hard earned tax money supporting any domestic terrorist movement that the FBI deems necessary to keep surveillance on.
yogi and boo boo is what the fbi nicknamed you two during the freeman standoff in roundup montana. If my memory serves me correctly, that really got under the skin of norm whereas he threatened an FBI agent by saying if he ever saw him in michigan, it would be thru his crosshairs.

So now yogi and boo boo arrive here and wonder why the community will not join and support them.
Sorry ray, you cannot hide your past. You brought all of your baggage with you here and have continued to preach your mantra of hate against our country.
As someone above posted, you can run your mouth all you want, but there are consequences. Just ask your dear friend Schaeffer Cox who you respect so much. The militia member wife beater who is currently in jail in Fairbanks.

Once this blows over, you two will again be in the news for some other issue where you hope to be martyrs once again.

News flash, time to get off the cross, someone here can use the wood.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/09/12 - 08:55 am

I have never hid from my past. When my nursing boss, at CPH, asked me about my militia past, I told the truth.

According to the Oregon ACLU “the list of targets of domestic FBI surveillance is long and distinguished.”

see there comments here-

I might add, it was thinking like yours that led Hitler into suspending Germany’s Constitution.

Famous German preacher Martin Niemoller stated (in relation to Nazi Germany.)

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

In this nation, we have a president who can simply execute citizens without due process. As in Hitler’s Germany just get the media to destroy the reputation of the people who speak out against government’s behavior and they will destroy your reputation.

CPH is a microcosim of our government.

The Union president and Lawyer encouraged nurses to come to the Hospital Corporate Board meeting to here my presentation. At the end, the nurses applauded my words.
Within Days, the administration did their internet search and spoke to me about my militia past. I hid nothing.

Administration like our government destroy’s reputation’s because they cannot address the issues I present.

Dr. Krull understands as did Dr. Martin Luther King.

Allen
Allen 04/09/12 - 03:04 pm
The NLRB Has Not Acted

The Clarion staff should take the trouble to get it right, which they did not. The National Labor Relations BOARD (NLRB) has not acted on Ray Southwell's complaint. NLRB STAFF filed paperwork on behalf of Southwell to get a hearing in front of an administrative law judge. There will be a hearing, and then the BOARD will make a decision.

Readers should withhold their judgments on the merits of Southwell's complaint until the BOARD makes a decision. Typically, Southwell uses the comment section to try his case.

normolson
normolson 04/09/12 - 03:29 pm
Yogi and Boo-boo -- Hold that thought

The British once called the American Revolutionaries "Yankee Doodles." Then something happened: The derogatory term became a very popular folk song. At Yorktown, the British quit using the term. The "American Simpletons" had sufficiently convinced the Brits that the mockery and derision was ill-advised.
According to skilled debators (http://www.johntreed.com/debate.html)

Name calling: debater tries to diminish the argument of his opponent by calling the opponent a name that is subjective and unattractive; for example, cult members and bad real estate gurus typically warn the targets of their frauds that “dream stealers” will try to tell them the cult or guru is giving them bad advice; name calling is only intellectually dishonest when the name in question is ill defined or is so subjective that it tells the listener more about the speaker than the person being spoken about; there is nothing wrong with using a name that is relevant and objectively defined; the most common example of name calling against me is “negative;” in coaching, the critics of coaches are often college professors and the word “professor” is used as a name-calling tactic by the coaches who are the targets of the criticism in question; as a coach, I have been criticized as being “too intense,” a common put-down of successful youth and high school coaches. People who criticize their former employer are dishonestly dismissed as “disgruntled” or “bitter.” These are all efforts to distract the audience by changing the subject because the speaker cannot refute the facts or logic of the opponent."

In short, those who resort to name-calling have nothing left in their quiver... They are out of ammo.... They show their ignorance of the subject matter. They are losers who just keep talking.

People who read this blog are wondering, "Who is Norseman?" I'd say, it doesn't really matter.

As far as some media hack quoting an unknown FBI Agent who referred to Ray and I as Yogi and Boo-boo, I'd say that the same thing applies. The feds called us funny names trying to convince themselves that we were no threat, unable to do anything--essentially Yankee Doodles. Well, the Yorktown of the next revolution hasn't happened yet. When it does, perhaps they'll quit laughing.

Norseman 04/09/12 - 04:46 pm
yogi and boo boo

Still itching for a standoff somewhere, anywhere, another Alamo perhaps..

Hate to break the news to you yogi but when it comes for you and boo boo to make your Yorktown against the FBI, my money is on them.

Fairbanks militia member Schaeffer Cox ran his mouth till the FBI put a damper on his Yorktown.

spwright 04/09/12 - 05:32 pm
Documented Proof 4/9/12

Mon pm 4/9/12 Once AGAIN
Alaska Health Care Commission by the University of Alaska Institute of Social & Economic Research has provided
DOCUMENTED PROOF that Our Local Doctors & Our Local Hospital have been GOUGING the RESIDENTS of the KENAI PENINSULA FOR YEARS & YEARS.

Charging Above & Beyond the Usual & Customary Fees for Medical Procedures & Services. Numerous examples were given to compare those Medical Costs.

Please make the Time to read "Statewide health care costs are biting harder" by Tim Bradner Feb. 16th,2012
Alaska Journal of Commerce.

This Proves What We have All Known for Years. Any Services at the Hospital are going to Cost Way Way Too Much Money. We express that verbally amoungest each other for years & Now there is DOCUMENTED PROOF.

The Residents of the Central Peninsula PAID FOR OUR HOSPITAL thru DECADES of PERSONAL PROPERTY TAXES. We are the Rightful Owners of that Hospital.

That $13 Million in Profits should Benefit the RESIDENTS by Lowering the Medical Cost for Local Residents.

Local RESIDENTS that PAID PROPERTY TAXES should receive much much Lower Medical Cost at OUR HOSPITAL.

I drove the Concrete Mixer Truck that provided the foundation for Our Hospital & have been PAYING PERSONAL PROPERTY TAXES on Our Hospital since the early 1980's !
I'm certain there are dozens of Local Residents that help to build Our Hospital back in the 80's.
When Do We receive a PAY BACK for DECADES of TAXES
instead of being GOUGHED by the very Hospital the We Help to Build ? Got a Answer for That One ?

Thanks for Listening SPW "Airborne"

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/09/12 - 07:58 pm
Allen

You did not do your homework as the Clarion did. Contact the NLRB office in Anchorage. Ask Mr. David Schaff how the process works.

Thank you for raising the question. Allow me to to explain.

Individuals file a complaint. The local NLRB office investigates the complaint. If they determine there was no law broken they encourage the individual to withdraw the complaint. That is exactly what happened to my complaint against the nurses union. The local NLRB determined the union’s neglect did not rise to a level of breaking the law.

In that case, I could have refused to withdraw my complaint and the NLRB would have written an explanation on why they did not support my charges and would not take the case.

In the hospital’s situation the NLRB determined the hospital broke the law. They went to the hospital and told them (“make whole solution”) to hire me back with back pay and post throughout the hospital they broke the law.

Hospital said -aint no way (my words not theirs, I am sure they were more direct) So the NLRB has taken my case to court.

Just like civil court the two sides present their evidence and the judge decides the case.

Allen
Allen 04/09/12 - 08:43 pm
Ray Southwell Is Wrong

I stand by my post - the NLRB has NOT "determined that the hospital broke the law." That will be decided by the National Labor Relations BOARD (NLRB) after a hearing.

The NLRB website explains how it works at http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb-process

Norseman 04/10/12 - 07:11 am

Thanks for providing the link to nlrb that clearly explains the process. As usual the folks who thrive on "drama" make it appear as something much more than it is.
The sad part about this is no matter the outcome, the norm and ray show will have some other tyrannanical anti-government rant that they will try to use to further their agenda.
Constantly agitating,creating fear and anger,and desperately directing it towards our government at every level. This is how they hope to build their membership with "sheeple." Fortunately, we do not have an abundance of whackjobs running around joing militias. That and the fact that the FBI keeps close tabs on all domestic terrorist movements.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/10/12 - 08:22 am
Allen

Thanks for the link. I quote from your link-

“Regional Director determines whether formal action is to be taken.”

The Board has “taken formal action” with filing a complaint. The Judge examines the evidence. Because of the complexity of this case, it went to a three attorney committee, at the NLRB, in Washington DC before the Regional Director filed a “formal complaint.”

You seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between the Board, who filed the complaint and the judge who will hear the evidence.

But I understand. You do not do research yourself. Just believe what the hospital corporation states. After all, what is best for the corporation is best for the borough and the heck with the employees and independent doctors.

Areyou pleased with the destructive behavior the CPH corporate board has put our hospital in?

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/10/12 - 08:45 am
Allen-More info

In 2009, the NLRB determined the hospital broke the law in regards to an employee named Janet Nilles. The hospital disagreed. The NLRB filed a complaint and the case went to court. The judge ruled in favor of employee Janet Nilles. The best part of the case was when the NLRB “enforcement division” made the hospital post how they broke the law, for all to see.

See- http://www.nlrb.gov/case/19-CA-031917

Norseman- scroll down to the bottom and read what the judge said in that case. Never mind you are not interested about the employees at CPH and what they must endure.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/10/12 - 09:04 am
NLRB complaints against CPH

Here is the NLRB site with filed complaints against CPH.

Norseman-take note when these complaints started. Five years after I started working at CPH and after an administration change in 2006.

Bullying is the primary management style at CPH with the blessing of the unelected Corporate Board and elected Borough Assembly.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/10/12 - 09:08 am
Norseman said ...

Norseman said:
"the norm and ray show will have some other tyrannanical anti-government rant that they will try to use to further their agenda. Constantly agitating,creating fear and anger,and desperately directing it towards our government at every level."
A similar statement was made a few years back about Thomas Paine, John Hancock and their buddies by King George of England. Decent of the populous is what made this country what it is.
I am not saying I agree or disagree with Mr Southwell. I am however saying that at least he doesn't blindly follow his government or his employer blindly without question.
Those that don't are truly the "sheeple."

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/10/12 - 11:10 am
Who cares what Norseman

Who cares what Norseman said?
All he ever does is provoke people or belittle people and usually never has any real info worth sharing other than to cause trouble and verbally abuse others opinions. It amazes me that he will try to suppress others opinions of FREE Speach with his FREE Speach rights and has even reverted to offering Free lessons on eating soup thru a straw to those that disagree with him and his Agenda to supress others not so liberal as he is.
But then you also seem to have his same traites KK about others Opinions and also revert to name calling and verbal abuse as well.

I STILL THINK OPINION GIVERS REAL NAMES SHOULD BE USED TO HELP WEED OUT TROLLS AND THEIR ABUSE OF OTHERS ON THIS TOOL.

This has also been my question of WHO ARE THE REAL SHEEPLE HERE and whose agenda is being pushed by comments made from each of you?

Speaking of Sheep, Jesus knows his sheep and they follow him, that is until they start looking else where and decide to follow self, are you really one of those sheep of Jesus KK, as you say you are or am i confused about what sheep are supposed to do in following their leader?

Ya know the Bible is a book with questions in the front and ALL the answers in the back, if people would just read the Book.

OH! Back on the topic here of the illegal firing of Ray Southwell by the MONEY-opolizers at CPGH and the NLRB taking the case.
It has nothing to do with ones private life and his desire to fight BOTH FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC ATTACKS AGAINST AMERICA'S CONSTITUTION on his own time, it has to do with his desire to protect others as well as self from Controlers that abuse others that refuse to fall in line by a few that would seek to have Total control of every action of others for their own end game. Major differance of giving others the options or choices and allowing them to choose for them selves which way to go or trying to force them to go your desired way, which is what i usually tyry to do in informing others of choices and the consiquences of those choices for eternity.
OUR Constitution that is being dismantled daily by attacks from OUR President and his SHEEPLE daily is Rays goals away from work and it has absolutely nothing to do here, but Norseman seems to be on a fighting campaign against ALL that believe we have rights and Freedoms still and has a desire to aid in the removal of those Freedoms and Rights, so he attacks ALL that would still believe in OUR OLD HOPE AND FUNDAMENTALS.

They, the OWO Sheeple will bring forth a revolution or civil war before this years election as planned i do believe.
When Homeland security orders close to many million rounds of ammo as they did last week, one should be able to read the writting on the wall of they are not worried about foriegn attacks, but Freedom fighters that refuse to obey their desired Total control of all.
This coming revolution in America is all of which i warned on day one of Obama's almost being sworn in as President due to the words being spoken by many people concerning this chosen one. Listen to their WORDS for understanding what they desire for ALL.
But Obama flubbed his swearing in as he could not get the acceptable words of standing and protecting America or OUR Constitution out of his mouth while his hand was on Thomas Jeffersons Quran, not the Bible.
Remember he had a REDO the next day and had his hand on nothing and promised nothing?
There is no hope from this mans Dream acts and as Van Jones said it, they want to totally invert everything and cause total pannic of the people for a Forced Control under Martial Law which Obama will impose which will remove ALL Freedoms under the Constitution, making the Constitution null and void.

Ray is right, the CPGH MONEY-opolizing controlers are wrong.
The question is who will you fight for in the near future when OUR Rights are being taken away? And WE will ALL be making a choice real soon i fear.

Have a GR8 Day.

Jeremiah 6:17

normolson
normolson 04/10/12 - 03:32 pm
Yogi and Boo-boo aren't alone.

As mentioned, the British called American Revolutionaries "Yankee Doodles," defined as American simpletons. They laughed and ridiculed and slung their verbal mud at those who had the backbone to be actively suspicious of the central government.

Kenai-kid just reminded us that Paine, Patrick Henry, Adams, and others were also called domestic terrorists. Most of the early "terrorists" were so-called because of their courage to question without fear. John Peter Zenger is a case in point.
(if you don't know who he is, search the internet).

The tyrants of his time considered Zenger to be a threat because he probed into corruption and injustice and printed the truth. He would not be silent nor would he quit publishing. Check out what the central government did to shut him up.

You might also want to check out:

After reading it, I knowingly nodded at the writer's perception. Alaska is filled with weirdos, crazies, loosers, among a host of others who have strong opinions who will not recant or compromise. So, Mr. Norseman, whoever you try to be, remember to sleep well tonight. There are thousands around you who are locked and loaded and standing guard. To them, your noise is nothing more than a clanking hunk of brass, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

Norseman 04/10/12 - 08:52 pm
thousands now...

locked and loaded eh.....thousands of em.......standing guard night and day.......behind every tree.....locked and loaded ready to defend.....itching for a standoff.....evil this way comes....unleash the dogs of war.......
What does "thousands locked and loaded" have to do with a nlrb hearing? Are you just itching for a standoff somewhere, anywhere?
You are starting to sound like Cox bantering about "thousands" standing beside you. That is what he boasted but the reality is more like 10-20. The numbers are even less if some are off their med's.

Sooner or later you will be putting your foot in your mouth again and it will all come crashing down. Just ask Cox how that is working for him.
I hate to break it to you but history will be remembering you as yogi and boo boo, not yankee doodle.

I sleep well knowing that whackjob milita movements are monitored by the brave men and women who stand watch over our nation against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

souldotna
souldotna 04/10/12 - 10:26 pm
Bite the hand that helps you

Norseman is just pointing out that Ray, who wants to take down big government, runs like a whiny mamma's boy to big government(NLRB) to help when he thinks he is wronged.

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/11/12 - 03:39 am
the psychotic and the bed

the psychotic and the bed bug,

"the only thing that timothy did wrong, was to get caught."

15 yrs of not paying fed taxes.

"The federal government can roll into your driveway in the middle of the night and snatch you up and take you away and you'll never be seen again."

why are you two still here???
cant they find your driveway???

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/11/12 - 06:32 am
Souldotna

You are correct, I am a whiner. Perhaps if I whined sooner I could have helped Joseph Marchetti before that fateful day in November 2008. I know I have helped others over the years.

I am a Mammas boy. In fact my 84 year old mamma is moving in with my wife and I this summer because her Alzheimer’s has destroyed her mind.

I did not start at big government. I started at the lowest level of government. I worked up the chain of command as my military experience taught me.

First I talked to the Hospital Corporate Board about working conditions, no help. Next I went to the Borough Assembly about working conditions, no help. Next I went to the press about working conditions, no help.

I was shocked, when after 10 months of investigating my charges against CPH the NLRB actually want to help the employees at CPH.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/11/12 - 06:46 am
Lewaytooooo

Been missing you buddy. Did you just get back to Alaska now the weather is breaking. I missed your eloquent poetry.

Say, how many years has it been since GE not paid any “fed taxes.” GE is a wealthy person with vast political pull and powerful lawyers. Are you concerned about the taxes they do not pay.

Probably not any more, than you care about the employees at CPH.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/11/12 - 10:00 am
Norseman do you have several names?

I wonder if Norseman has several accounts and talks back and forth between intities, as there surely can't be this many mixed up folks on the Kenai, can there be?

As i said i changed mine due to unwanted spam from friends accounts being hacked. But you still know it's me as my message has not changed, which is why i wonder if you have several accounts as the message seems to be the same style from several posts.

I know, what if the Clarion made everyone use their REAL NAMES.
This would solve the problem of people talking to themselves making others think that they have like minded OWO LEFT WING NUTJOB FOLLOWERS as well as allowing others to know who they really are.

Have a GR8 Day and remember who loves ya.

Jeremiah 6:17

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/11/12 - 01:33 pm
Subject matter!

First allow me to state that Mr Southwell is within his right to state his labor case regardless of his opinion and/or stance for or against federal government intervention, interference or removal of states rights. Since the NLRB found merit in his stated case, he is and should be allowed his day in front of a judge. I commend him for making his case (right or wrong) and fighting for his day in court.
Norseman, while you and I often (mostly) disagree, for the most part, you stay on topic and state your opinion. Sometimes, some of us may wonder off topic... some more than others ... and some NEVER are on topic in the first place or rattle the same rhetoric over and over and over again no matter the topic!
As for using a real name on the blogs, that is something that is and should be entirely up to the poster. I don't care to be getting telephone calls from some "nut job" (left or right) who happens to have an opinion that differs from my own just so I can hear the same rhetorical BS over and over again and haven't the option to click "ignore."
Finally, something that is not appropriate to or indicative of intelligent debate is insults, name calling, stereotyping or hurtfull comments. This is something that is wide spread even by those claiming to be Christian's and/or intelligent persons and is indicative of someone who lacks knowledge on the subject matter at hand. I have caught myself on occassion posting such comments. However, I have and will make a conscious effort to omit such comments in the future.
Mr Southwell, good luck with your day in front of a judge. May justice be properly served.