• Overcast, fog
    Overcast, fog

NLRB acts on former CPH nurse's case

Posted: April 7, 2012 - 9:56pm  |  Updated: May 17, 2012 - 4:14pm
Ray Southwell gestures during an interview in October 2010.   M. Scott Moon
M. Scott Moon
Ray Southwell gestures during an interview in October 2010.

The National Labor Relations Board is investigating and has requested a hearing based on the allegations of unfair labor practices filed by a former Central Peninsula Hospital nurse who was fired from his point in October of 2010.

Anne Pomerantz, acting regional director of the NLRB for Region 19, said the independent federal regulatory agency has found some merit in Ray Southwell’s claims against CPH.

The NLRB filed on Feb. 24 an administrative complaint regarding Southwell’s firing and the reason for it and has proceeded to prosecute the complaint by setting a hearing for May 15 in Soldotna to be heard by an administrative law judge.

“We are alleging the action that was taken against him in disciplining him and ultimately discharging him was done on an illegal basis,” Pomerantz said. “We are saying the reason underpinning it was unlawful.”

CPH Chief Executive Officer Rick Davis declined to comment on the case.

The NLRB’s cases stem from charges originally brought forward by Southwell detailing the reasons he said he was given for his termination in 2010. Specifically, one of the two charges relates to Southwell’s criticism of CPH’s management style after the November 2008 hospital shooting by Joseph Marchetti, who had been fired from his job at the hospital.

Southwell, who at the time served as the nurses’ union vice president and grievance officer said he used words to the effect that the hospital’s “environment is ripe for another shooting.”

“I felt that based on what had happened that I needed to splash this out there to the hospital board, so that they would do an investigation that they would find out what is going on because I knew there were many other employees that were frustrated, angry and frightened based on the management style,” he said.

Southwell said his criticism centered around hospital management “bullying,” which he felt was a root cause in the 2008 shooting and for other employees’ workplace frustrations. He said he personally witnessed and experienced similar management bullying.

According to information from the NLRB, Southwell posted comments on the Peninsula Clarion website and wrote Letters to the Editor criticizing CPH and its working conditions for which he was later reprimanded.

Southwell was suspended from his post on July 28, 2010. Then on Oct. 12, 2010, he posted comments on the Clarion’s website and his personal Facebook page regarding a presentation to the Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly regarding working conditions and management style at CPH. He was then fired on Oct. 18, 2010 according to records.

Previously, Southwell said he had offered his resignation to former CPH CEO Ryan Smith, who he alleged would not accept it, during a personal meeting. Southwell said Smith asked him to retract statements he made about the hospital, but Southwell refused.

Southwell said he felt his actions would ultimately lead to changes in management style, but the things he saw as a problem persisted. Southwell also alleged Smith later labeled him a “threat” to the hospital because of his comments.

Pomerantz said a second NLRB charge centers around CPH rules relating to the behavior of employees, their conduct and outside activity that might interfere or conflict with hospital operations.

“Both of those rules are alleged as overly broad and interfering with employees’ rights to engage in protected concerted activity,” Pomerantz said.

After the May 15 hearing, the judge will issue a decision and file a recommended order that will then go to the NLRB board in Washington, D.C. Any appeals from the decision would go the U.S. Court of Appeals.

“(The judge) could agree with all that we have alleged in the complaint, he could agree with none of it, he could split it down the middle ... who knows how it’ll come out,” Pomerantz said.

The NLRB will be seeking to remedy the situation through a “make whole solution,” Pomerantz said.

“We would be looking for rescission of the unlawful rules and we would be looking for obviously rescission of the discipline we claim is unlawful … and reinstatement,” she said.

Southwell said his reason for filing the charges with the NLRB and for wanting his job back relate to his desire for a “behavior change” at the hospital.

“If we don’t change the behavior, it is going to harm the employees,” he said. “What I want to accomplish is a behavior change because you can change the management, but it doesn’t change the behavior and I think it has trickled down through all of the departments.”

Southwell said he doesn’t expect any money or back pay from the case and would consider taking his job back if offered, but personal issues might factor into that decision.

“One, I’ll admit, it is a selfish reason, but I want to walk in that building as an employee again and to show that I did nothing wrong,” he said. “I want to show other employees that they too can have the courage to stand up for what’s right.”

Hmmm
Hmmm 04/11/12 - 03:07 pm
The argument seems pointless to me

I have to ask what you have to gain, Ray. Your argument seems pointless from my point of view. The hospital management that was in power when you were working for them has moved on to out of state jobs (with the exception of 1 whom you have said was not the target of your objections). Is it just the fact that you have a beef with whomever has been placed in power? This seems to be the case from all of your postings. I suggest you spend less time using the government dollar on lawyers and more time using government dollars on psychiatrists and life coaches.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/11/12 - 04:14 pm
KK Very Good opinion and i

KK Very Good opinion and i agree with some of it. I do believe that people having to use their real names would regulate hurtful comments.
As for wondering off topic, i will admit that i do this, but in my opinion everything is inner related to how we view God and our relationship to him which intern affects our other relations with others, no matter what the topic.
As i have said, i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but i can see thru alot of BS in what people say and believe as they try to sway others opinions over to their views.
I to do the same things with my Free speach rights that i use to try and get people to realize that we as the human race are in major troubles and this can't keep going on forever with wars being waged every where by everyone over everything.
With nations being sanctioned as well as individuals for not agreeing with a powerful few, it only indicates that this type of action will spread to every single person soon and none of us will have any rights or Freedoms.

I probably do go over board with my zeal to get people to realize that all things are not as they appear and are usually corrupted in some form by the powers that control this present world. But when one looks at what Jesus did and mostly talked about it seems that i may be correct and right in line with Christ in my trying to get people to see that it's a circle of life and it always comes back to what God says, not what mankind says. Now doesn't it?

It's not that i want to be an A-hole, it's just because i really do care about others that i see are going down the very same road i was on for so many years of wanting it my way and not caring about anyone else.
That is until i got tired of being a long time Union Democrate that was not allowed to think for ones self until i started questioning what i was told with what i actuall saw being done and realized that i could not change my life or attitude towards others with out Gods help. Not very smart, but a good judge of Charactor most times as i have seen alot of bad stuff and actions done by those that mean to decieve others and exert control over them, even in religion.

It is eazy to fall into hate of others again and i some times fail to relate what i am thinking about many issues, i really do mean well and only want people to realize that things are not always as they appear and we have many deceivers out there that love to mislead people and abuse abounds every where and this site should be free of that.

Ray is standing up for his rights and those of others and it makes some of the Sheeple mad that he would dare stand up to the elete controlers and their desire to control and abuse every one for their end game of total control.

Have a GR8 Day and remember who loves ya.

Jeremiah 6:17

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/11/12 - 08:28 pm
Kenai_Kid

My case is not about me. It is and has been my attempt to change the management style at CPH. I believe it led to the murder/suicide in November 2008. You know the management style that Dr. Krull talked about. “beat you down, Harm your reputation” That is bullying management style.

It can and has destroyed people’s ability to function. We don’t like it in the school room but it is fine and dandy in the workplace.

I hear what you are saying about pen names. I just cannot figure out how to change my identity with these posts.

I have never received any threats or phone calls. I think most people want to test the water of opinion before they admit to their thoughts.

Fear is a great motivator. It has never motivated me. I like to express my thoughts. I research things before I speak and take the risk of embarrassment.

Most people fear being wrong and hide behind a pen name.

Norseman leads the pack with fear of embarrassment.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/11/12 - 10:09 pm
HMMMM

Again, this has never been about me. It is about the management style at CPH. I use to believe it was a problem with the previous management.

There are two senior managers still left at CPH from days gone by. One of them was in my arms in tears twice because of the management style dictated to her.

I now realize the problem is with the Hospital Corporate Board. As the previous CEO told me-”I was hired to clean up the Imaging department.” So he did.

Now we have a new CEO and what do we read from Dr. Krull- the ongoing bullying management style.

Allow me to share with you the one story that continues to drive me.

A pregnant emergency room nurse, I worked with, was in the imaging department for an Ultrasound on that fateful day in November 2008. She heard the shots ring through the department. She and her unborn daughter were at risk. She was traumatized. She is a beautiful excellent nurse and she and her unborn daughter ran the risk of death because I did not speak up about the management style. I knew and did not speak up.

For month afterwords she would ask me, “ how much longer Ray before the change will occur? I always answered-soon.

Three and half years later, I continue to wait to see a change in the management style at CPH.

normolson
normolson 04/13/12 - 02:22 pm
The Art of Debate

Ray's comments are appropriate given the nature of debate on a blog such as this.
Blogs keep identity secret. Safe and sensible, you say?
Not! Go into any college level debate class and you'll find that THE INTRODUCTION of the debater is first given and then the PREMISE or TOPIC. I have NEVER seen a debater wear a mask or cover his/her head or be willing to remain anonomous.
The actual power of the debater is his/her willingness to stand behind the AFFIRMATIVE or the NEGATIVE. That, of course, will take intellect and a presentation of the facts.
Once a person takes a side on an issue, he/she should be willing to stake their credibility on it.
Both Ray and myself agreed nearly 20 years ago that if we get into this patriot/militia/constitutional/rule-of-law business that we would be public and visible....that we would not hide behind an anonym as others did, nor would we shrink from fierce criticism as long as the critic is willing to identify him/herself.
Someone who is not willing to identify himself/herself is saying nothing of value since there is no willingness to stand behind the argument.

Macbeth bemoaned his failures by saying,
" Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
The failure was that of a wasted life, having not the courage to stand up for something and to bravely speak the truth, and to be acknowledged for it, whether right or wrong.
Real courage is not being right all the time, but rather a willingness to take responsibilty for ones words and action.
Neither Ray nor I have hidden anything. We publish freely using our names. Our addresses and images are all over the web. We've taken the crap and mud thown at us as well as the myriad lies, ALSO SET FOR BY FACELESS, NAMELESS COWARDS, and have survived with new found courage to stand against all the slings and arrows.
So to those who have not the courage to stand behind their digital, albeit, meaningless thoughts, I would say that doing so exposes more than opinion. Falstaff said, ""The better part of valour is discretion, in the which better part I have saved my life." Perhaps faking death on a battlefield is the better part of valor, but here on this blog there is no threat or penalty of harm. So I would say that using such an excuse on a blog is not the better part of valor, but rather a cloak of cowardice.

Simply google "How To Debate"

I think I'll just withhold comments to those who have not the STUFF to stand by their words.

To me, it's nothing more than the noise of digital interference.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/13/12 - 08:53 pm
Pseudonyms

normolson, Not all men, great or insignificant, thought using their name in public media debate was necessary and using a pseudonym protected their interests and in some instances, their lives! Yet, they were able to fight for their cause effectively.
Publius (who used several other pseudonyms), Pacificus, Cato, Senex and Philo Plubius were arguably some of the most influential Americans in our history.
GREAT "digital interference" and none of these men, by any stretch would be considered a coward.
Although I am confident you are aware of whom I am referring I will none the less give you a hint. "Common Sense" and "The Rights of Man" were both written (anonymously) in their day.

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/14/12 - 04:03 am
really..... just what a sane

really.....

just what a sane person would do...

give their name to a psychotic and its parasite.

especially a psychotic that advocates "standoff's"

you two are getting close to the final retirement age.

we are all better for your doing so. could you hurry up?

"the only thing that timothy did wrong was to get caught."

killer of children, women and men, and supported
to their dying day by the

psychotic and it's bedbug.....

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/14/12 - 09:50 am
Kenai Kid

I am not the best historian. I do believe those you mentioned feared their government. Or as you say “protected their interests.”

People fear losing their “interests” in money today. I can’t remember how many times employees at CPH, told me how they wish they could do what I was doing but feared losing their job. (money)

I see people looking to someone else to fix the problem.
I believe that is why we have our current president. He was going to fix the problems of corruption in government. “Yes we can”

All we received is more of the same.

We have a new CEO at CPH. Everything is better now? The corporate mindset controls the hospital. “What is good for the corporation is good for the Borough.”

Until people stand up for the truth, openly and honestly, things will never change. There are no hopeful saviors, that are going to protect us. We must do it ourselves at CPH and within our nation.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/14/12 - 09:58 am
Lewaytoooo

You continue to spread the lies. Do you care about the truth or the employees at CPH?

Others may want to hear the words spoken by Norm Olson about the OKC Bombing. He spoke before the US Senate back in 1995.

Listen to part of the dialog between Senator Specter and Norm Olson. Some people stand boldly on their beliefs regardless of the consequences.

here is the 10 minute long version-

normolson
normolson 04/14/12 - 09:46 pm
The Message Or The Man?

Tis true that some noble and honorable men have used pseudonyms in America's past, such as Cato, Brutus, Publius in the Federalist Papers. However, a distinction should be made between those who were politically aligned, in fear of danger, and/or deeply embedded the politically machinery of that day and those who merely avoid revealing their identity because of their total ignorance, and sheer stupidity.
The key, of course, to the real reason those great men remained secret was that THEIR MESSAGE WAS SO INTELLIGENT, LOGICAL, AND RATIONAL, that the words themselves carried far great weight than their political notoriety. Their words excelled because each side had excellent arguments. Neither side resorted to the kind of crap slinging for which leewaytooo and Norseman are infamous for.

Those honorable men of the past didn't need to identify themselves because their words were a tribute to their character to the point where a known writer would only turn people's attention to personality instead of mental agility. Those honorable men believed that their words spoke far louder than their personality could.
It was the great Daniel Webster who said something to the effect that, "it matters not who you are or what you say at the moment... It matters only that people remember what you say."

So, there are three reasons to conceal one's identity. First to save one’s life or property. Second to NOT diminish the strength of the words because of one’s physical appearance. Third, to conceal ignorance, stupidity, real lack of class.

I answer you because your message is good and I respect it. I stand corrected. There were great men whose words far exceeded their physical appearance or personality or even their "public image." (compare the cheesy Mitt Romney smile, shifty eyes, and stuttering speak with Ron Paul's diminutive size and squeaky voice).
Is it more about the message or the man?

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/14/12 - 10:47 pm
ABUSIVE people always hide. I

ABUSIVE people always hide.

I have written a letter to the clarion asking them to require real names on this blog. This would help restrict those that only desire to abuse others with hateful speach no matter what the subject.
But then who would determine what hateful speach is? Would what i say be deemed hateful because i question every religion of man, or whether the politicians are holding out their hands for bribes, or many other things that seem out of place. Well yes it would be me thats deemed as a hater and those that name call me for my beliefs or opinions would be considered nonoffensive acts by many, but not all. So who decides?

Abusers never want others to know who they are and as usual the innocent are left without any recourse at every turn.
We wonder why the poll last week was so high about those abused. We wonder why the need to help fight suicide which a letter this week is portraying and how it is many times abuse related, even in schools by children that should be protected from abuse.
The clarion will do nothing to help curb abuse i am affraid.
We can give our displeasure and opinions with out nasty hurtful comments or personel attacks.
Unless one is refering to religious snakes that only want to mislead and forcefully control others, as Jesus did to the Jewish religious control freaks during his 3 year ministry 1979 yrs ago, then call a snake a snake or a white washed tomb full of dead mens bones, the blind leading the blind.

Abusers feel powerful during their abuse and if possible will try to conceal their offensive actions to the best of their ability, that is until called out for their actions as is the case here with Ray against the control freak abusers at CPGH and the Borough, places WE ALL pay for with our taxes and high rates for services.

Jeremiah 6:17

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/15/12 - 03:48 am
its about advocating

its about advocating indiscriminate violence that kills

children, women and men.

"the only thing that timothy did wrong was to get caught"
the psychotic.

anyone that supports directly or indirectly is equally
guilty.
and that would be the psychotic and the parasite.

anyone that whines about "names", brings into question
the need for having such names.

create your own web site and do as you wish.
you don't enter someone's house and dictate.
most likely you can not afford to do so, as you have
15 yrs of fed taxes to pay, remember the taxes you never
paid, all the while you benefit from the taxes paid by all the
rest of us.

next you will insist that people have to be printed and photographed in order to post.
because "names" will not do it, for any one can create a name. just like the names you make up for those that
you dislike.

it is no coincidence that you wear brown shirts..

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/15/12 - 05:49 am
Mr Olson

While we don't agree on everything on these blogs, we do agree on many things. In your testimony to Senator Spector you stated (loosely quoted) "we are the parent of this government, the government is not the parent of the people. We the people gave birth to the government. We the people gave it life. The government is not the parent of the people. Government in effect is the peoples child and as such needs a good spanking for its poor behavior." We the people were intended to protect the government, much as a parent protects a child. We raise and grow our government as we raise a child. The government is not intended to raise us, it was not intended to provide for us. Therefore, we as parents have failed or child! In most cases a child is a reflection of his/her parenting. Our government has fallen victim to a poorly informed electorate and worse yet, a non participating electorate. If you place a plate of broccoli in front a a five year old and a bowl of coco puffs, which is going to get eaten? We have for the most part allowed our government to go unsupervised. SHAME on our poor parenting skills!
Again, while we don't agree on everything, I support your right of to freely express your opinion. While people you debate on this blog often fall into name calling and abuse, you seem to debate, for the most part, with your intelligence and opinion. A person who becomes abusive during a debate often does so due to a lack of knowledge on the subject being debated or simply due to a lack of intelligence. I AM NOT pointing fingers at anyone on this blog. I don't have to. They are fully aware of who they are.
Jerry, if you find posts abusive, report them. If you find a blogger annoying because they are so obviously mis-informed, ill equipped to debate or are to easily defeated in a battle of wits due to poor armament, click ignore. I have a rather lengthy "ignore" list. However, sometimes I check in to see if they have anything intelligent to contribute ... then back on the "ignore" list they go!
What purpose does supplying a name serve? Will it somehow make my opinion clearer? Will it support your argument more? I feel I have provided logical debate with a mostly even temperament.

-Pacificus-

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/15/12 - 07:26 am
Lewaytooo

Governments have long understood, if you tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough the people will believe it.

You have that trait. Any chance you’re from the government?
Lewaytoooo quote-“I am from the government, I am just here to help.”

I wonder who the real “brown shirt” is, following government without question.,

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/15/12 - 07:49 am
Kenai-Kid

We have failed as a people to rein in corrupt government.

The electorate is educated and a large percentage have given up voting.

Those who continue to vote, look for the right leader to stop the corruption. Those in power understand and continue to give us leaders with Hope and Change.

Often, we forget the Declaration of Independence created a Nation and the Constitution created a Government. Two separate issues within the Country we call United States of America.

I have said there are only five ways to change government, four peaceful and one violent. Our Declaration of Independence states “That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of theses ends, (Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness) it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it. . .”

What would happen if tens of millions stopped their financial support of government?

Wait a minute, perhaps there are too many being supported by government. The child has become the parent and we beg the parent for what we love best-Money.

When the money shrinks, the people will throw off government. I fear what will remain.

“For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. . .” 1 Timothy 6:10

normolson
normolson 04/15/12 - 01:18 pm
Have we failed as the parent of the goverment we gave birth to?

Kenai_kid,

I would respectfully disagree with your posting in that it places the blame for bad behavior by the federal government on the people.

The Preamble to the Constitution clarifies the issue: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The Founders were profoundly aware that generations would follow them and that challenges would be made to the Constitution being a LIMITING DOCUMENT on the central government. As you know, the Constitution provides no rights to the people, but rather is a guidebook to set forth specific, limited, and enumerated rules as how to govern.

The Founders also understood that the Constitution they conceived MUST BE DURABLE. It must be able to stand immutable and uncontested by the central government. Should changes be necessary, they will be made by THE STATES, not by the central government in Washington.

My point is that we have not failed to keep this child of ours from misbehaving. It (the central government) is about 220 years old. It can read, it can make choices. It is old enough to suffer the consequences of it's own decisions. It has not disobeyed the American people of today, but rather has disobeyed the contract that it entered into many years ago. In any contract there is the PRINCIPLE and there is the AGENT. If either has failed to abide by the terms of the contract, the contract shall be declared null and void. We have not failed the child, the child has failed we the people.

The Declaration of Independence provides the perfect prescription: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

The Founder's greatest fear was that after they died, their work to create a solid, law-abiding government made up of the checks and balances formula, would collapse.

AND IT HAS! The central government has REJECTED the rules that the people constituted for its behavior.

But I'm willing to give it another chance, but NOT WITHOUT a good spanking first. It's a stubborn and errant child, disobeying and exhalting its position over the PRINCIPLE (THE PARENT: WE THE PEOPLE)

Message to the central government: Behave or we will replace you.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/15/12 - 03:34 pm
Ray

I wish I could agree with you that the voting public is educated and informed, but that just isn't so! Most can't tell you who the speaker of the house is. Most don't know what a fillibuster is let alone how many votes it takes to break it. Not many know how many votes it takes to override a veto.Nearly 60% couldn't tell you which house of congress has more members. They don't have a clue how their government operates.
Those that truly knew the importance of a vote would not miss the opportunity to cast their vote and make their voice heard.
Most that do vote will spend more time researching the purchase of a new vehicle than they will researching the issues or the candidates or checking the facts. But ... that has historically been the case.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/15/12 - 04:39 pm
Ray

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/15/12 - 06:40 pm
Kenai-Kid

I cannot disagree with your observation. I want you to consider another reason for their lack of knowledge. They hate politicians. Yes, hate is a strong word.

I believe young people graduating look forward to voting. They are the most knowledgeable with the process. A few years later they give up. They realize it does not matter who is elected, nothing ever changes.

We could talk politics for the last thirty years. It does not matter who is in office, nothing ever changes.

I know voting will not change anything, but I feel better, actively participating in all ways of changing government.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/15/12 - 07:52 pm
Ray and Norm

Although we may disagree on many different subjects and issues, I respect your opinions and thoughts and admire your courage to stand for what you believe. One thing I have noticed in the time I have participated in these blogs is that even though you may disagree with another persons opinion you seem to, for the most part, remain civil, debate with thought and express your opinion clearly. This in spite of the fact that others do not respect another's opinion and resort to half truths, mis-information and outright nastiness. A bigger man will always debate logically without name calling and/or rude and hurtful remarks.
I have helped my child to learn the political process and have taught her the importance of being an informed voter and to help inform others with actual, substantiated facts. NOT simply what is seen or heard in the media, but to find the closest thing to an unbiased fact as possible. It used to be taboo to discuss politics and political views. That is what is partially responsible for the state of todays government. We don't talk about it! We don't inform each other. We don't share opinions. But I feel that is soon changing. I would like to suggest a book if I may. It's called "Un-Spun: Finding Facts in a World of Disinformation" It addresses things about actual facts that we all know, but seem to have forgotten. It actually addresses common sense ... which in todays political climate, is not all so common!

normolson
normolson 04/15/12 - 08:29 pm
Checks and Balances

There is an important parallel to be made between the failure of the federal government to abide by the Constitution and the failure of the hospital to correct it's management misbehavior.
The common element that SHOULD police both into compliance is CHECKS AND BALANCES.

Everyone knows why the Founders divided the government into three distinct, separate, yet equal branches.

Likewise, the governance of the hospital MUST have watchdogs, whistleblowers, investigators, and audits to keep it in line.

Ray has served well in bringing management issues to the public. The Mayor rejected the audit. The Assembly rejected the audit. The former CEO rejected any criticism and they fired Ray to keep him quiet.

It sounds like the same thing the corrupted government is doing today.

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/16/12 - 05:31 am
"An account of the decline of

"An account of the decline of the militia movement in 2001 following the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh
quoted Olsen as a former militiaman, saying "The militia grew because of fear, and without fear, the militia will recede."

selling fear is so "brown shirt"

in actuality, we don't fear the psychotic and parasite,

why? because the end could be tomorrow,
at least that is the hope..

"the only thing timothy did wrong was to get caught"
the psychotic

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/16/12 - 07:34 am
Lewaytoooo

Selling fear? You give Norm and I too much credit. Fear is a reflexion of the peoples feelings towards threats, perceived or real.

I might suggest you read this economic advice from a “financial adviser.”

"Purchase gun stocks" (not the wood type)- “The gun business is booming”

The militia is growing based on gun sales. Norm and I cannot purchase that many guns.

My hope is based on sound economics.

Quotes Lewaytooo-“only the government should have guns”

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/17/12 - 02:57 am
children children

children children children

"the only thing timothy did wrong was to get caught"
the psychotic

colonialpast
colonialpast 05/17/12 - 05:10 pm
In my Experience...

I have only worked at the hospital for a year now, but it has been my experience thus far that the employees here act very spoiled. I moved from the lower 48 and things are done much different down there. You didn't do your job or refuse to follow the rules, you were replaced and life kept going. The management here at CPH does everything they can to keep an empolyee before making the final decision of termination. But, an employee has to want their job too in order for it to workout in the end.

I have seen employees not even show up for days as a nocall-noshow and have been able to keep their job.

There seems to be very little work-ethic in Alaska's workforce.

So, it is kind of irritating to here things like this on the news. Everyone wants to be given everything...but as our grandparents have said, "life is not fair, and it is give and take to keep the balance".

I have met several other newbies to Alaska who all agree.

****This is just an opinion based on an outsider observation. It is not intended to upset or provoke anyone.

btrefren
btrefren 05/18/12 - 02:32 pm

Norseman, I've never heard Ray preach a mantra of hate, however, I suspect that the reason why you are known to rarely leave your office is because maybe your nurses actually feel that way about YOU. Try coming up to the floor with a positive attitude and try working with them instead of against them.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/18/12 - 04:05 pm
btrefren

btrefren are you saying that norseman works at CPGH in the basement? This could explain the hate for those that are in the Light and want to help others see the Light & Truth, if thats the case Thank You for sheading this light.
The trial is over and we will all see whats up real soon with this case that norseman/leewaytooo wanted tried in the public forum of the Clarion with absolutely nonesential posts about Rays private life as a Patriot that would stand against both foriegn & domestic attackers if needed, instead of Rays job performance at CPGH.

John 14:6

Raoulduke
Raoulduke 05/19/12 - 06:43 am
The Drama

I can not believe.I am commenting on this matter.I have tried to not reply to any dribble by these two,But the thought of a patriot-sic.Who does not pay taxes,berates this country,preaches overthrow of this country,,but uses up OUR tax dollars to USE this countries system for appealing his employment dismissal .IS no better than any other HYPOCRITE. Yogi,and BOO BOO.Got to like the FEDS humor.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 05/19/12 - 08:41 am
Raoulduke

I also tried not to reply. I do pay taxes. But it seems to me when a government overburdens the people with taxes some will reject the idea. Do you remember reading about the Boston Tea party or the Whiskey Rebellion?
Please show me anywhere I berated the country or its overthrow. As for using up tax dollars, the government supplied one attorney in court and I was his only assistant. The hospital was represented by three law firms and at least two assistants.
BTW did you attend the public trial this week. The question, at trial, was whether I was working with and for the employees at CPH. I believe the judge will believe I was. I exposed the bullying of employees. Do you care?
You probably do not want to hear the truth, it is too frightening.