• Overcast
    Overcast

'Boxes for Heroes' founder charged

Veteran Roach indicted for defrauding donors, theft of funds meant for troops

Posted: May 6, 2012 - 8:23pm  |  Updated: May 10, 2012 - 9:41am
Frank Roach is pictured in April 2011.  Photo by M. Scott Moon
Photo by M. Scott Moon
Frank Roach is pictured in April 2011.

A 52-year-old Kenai man and his organization have been indicted for allegedly pocketing donations meant for deployed soldiers, according to an Alaska Office of Special Prosecutions press release.

Charges against Frank Roach include scheme to defraud, first-degree theft and seven counts of second-degree theft.

Roach started “Alaska Veterans Outreach Boxes for Heroes” in April 2010. The organization claimed it was raising money to send care packages to deployed soldiers. Donations were received at retail stores from Wasilla to Homer and from telephone solicitations, according to the press release.

Arraignment is set for May 8 at the Kenai Courthouse.

Roach is a Navy veteran and former director of fundraising for the Alaska Veterans Foundation, which supported “Boxes for Heroes.” The packages were supposed to be dispersed to Alaska troops stationed away from home during the holiday season.

KPD Investigator Jeff Whannell led the investigation of Roach and his organization. Whannell and his colleagues interviewed dozens of donors and reviewed thousands of pages of financial documents. The Internal Revenue Service was consulted, but the organization was not audited. The investigation was conducted largely by Kenai officers, said Assistant Attorney General Clint Campion.

The investigation revealed “Boxes for Heroes” raised more than $140,000 in donations from April 2010 to October 2011. Roach, the president of the organization, allegedly used the money as his sole source of income and to pay for all his living expenses.

Employees were paid for providing services to the organization, such as managing stands in front of grocery stores. Roach used the remaining money, Campion said.

The organization’s website, boxesforheroes.com, has been shut down.

Roach faces a sentence of up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 for scheme to defraud and first-degree theft. The organization faces a fine of $2.5 million.

There currently are no other individuals charged. Investigators are continuing to look into how the organization was operated, Campion said.

Packages were provided directly to The National Guard, which then sent them out to soldiers. Roach and his organization collected donations for shipping costs. However, it did not send out packages, Campion said.

“It’s possible (that Roach sent out some packages), but highly unlikely,” he said.

The packages contained food items, like dehydrated noodles, trail mix and granola bars, as well as toiletries, like lip balm, eyedrops and cotton swabs.

During a 2009 interview, Roach said he got the idea for the program in 2006 after sending his nephew, Sgt. David Kuzmar, who was serving in Iraq at the time, a box of bathroom supplies and other goodies. After receiving the package, Kuzmar wrote his uncle back not only thanking him for the package, but also saying his fellow troops would appreciate similar gift bags. And the organization was formed.

Peninsula residents will remember a stand in front of Three Bears in Kenai, asking customers to donate whatever items they could.

In October 2011, the Kenai Police Department received a complaint from Chris Hinchman, an employee of Roach’s, who believed the organization was falsely professing its intentions. The employee said he believed the majority of donations were not being used for shipping costs, as the organization purported, but instead were lining the pockets of people involved, according to the press release.

Hinchman said he wanted to ensure the items his family collected would reach soldiers in need. After three requested board meetings were cancelled, Hinchman decided to meet his boss in-person, hoping to address his concerns.

Instead of meeting with Hinchman, Roach left the employee a proposal at the front desk of a hotel, Hinchman said.

“I opened an envelope and read the proposal,” Hinchman said. “It looked like a bribe to me, so I took it down to the police.”

The hand-written proposal is broken into sections. Hinchman’s duties briefly are listed before the document outlines starting salary, as well as possible bonuses and commission on booths.

“If booths collect over $1,400 in a week Chris will receive $150.00 bonus on top of his ... weekly salary,” says the proposal, under Bonus on Events. Another section says donation boxes at various locations around the state were a “50/50 split with foundation.”

In 2011, Roach was charged for feeding a young moose in Old Town Kenai.

During his minor offense trial in April 2011, Kenai police officer Todd Hamilton testified that in late February the police department received three or four complaints about an aggressive moose near Broad Street; at one point Hamilton even had to go and pepper spray the moose. Hamilton spoke to people living in the neighborhood and discovered that Roach was notorious for feeding a moose out of his window. When confronted, Roach admitted it, and Hamilton issued the citation.

Roach said, at the time, it will take years of litigation before he forks over the $310 the court has ordered him to pay.

Hinchman, Roach’s former employee, said he hopes people continue to support the military. His father was a retired Marine; his grandfather was retired Navy, he said.

“I firmly believe in our military,” he said. “Unfortunately, I don’t think that was going on.”

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/07/12 - 07:21 am
Ya know i had a feeling about

Ya know i had a feeling about this group and never donated to it. Our church does this very thing and it's a GR8 way to show love and appreciation to OUR Warriors.
They need to send these people to Afgan for special duty as mine detectors as punishment. But with the way OUR laws are now, they will get all the benifits we can afford them in prison with three squares & everything else paid for by us.
Sad, very sad, but there you have it folks, no one cares for anyone and it's getting worse daily, this kind of thing makes people wonder about all such things even the good ones.

Jeremiah 6:17

robert white
robert white 05/07/12 - 03:02 am
scam

Hope the judge is a veteran.

spwright 05/07/12 - 06:13 am
Pay Back

5/7/12 I can imagine the Fun that SEAL Team 6 would have with this NAVY Veteran. What a A-Hole !

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 05/07/12 - 07:15 am
Innocent ...

Thank God we live in a country where we have fighting men and women fighting and dying for our right to a fair trial (among other rights) and where we are innocent until proven guilty. With this in mind, I don't think Seal Team Six would touch this man until after his trial, should he be found guilty.
If Mr Roach is found guilty by a jury of his peers, may he be locked up with a sex starved inmate named Bubbah. But let us be truly American and let the scales of justice weigh the evidence before we come to a verdict.

Randy Rogers
Randy Rogers 05/07/12 - 07:03 am
Too Bad

If the allegations turn out to be true I think that every one of us that donated should get a shot at caning this guy. The impact these stories have on legitimate organizations is, perhaps, the worst of the fall-out.

cbeard
cbeard 05/07/12 - 08:48 am
Not Enough

The sad thing is that this is just one guy that got caught. There have been many scams put on by MANY people on the Peninsula under the image of being "patriotic" who just drag out some tired old war and veterans-are-better-than-everybody rhetoric to weasel old people out of their money, and then they just spend the money on themselves.

I hope more of the guilty people are discovered in these investigations.

wings
wings 05/07/12 - 09:38 am
Creating Criminals

Strange how human beings tend to seek out short cuts to making a living. Certainly Mr. Roach (a fitting name) was only trying to secure a good living for himself through public handouts, and apparently thought he had found the way. It really isn’t much different than the various nonprofits who can write grants for the public money with whatever business scheme they tend to come up with. The only thing he didn’t do that would have made it all legal is to get a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status. Next time you donate to a cause, make sure the nonprofit status is in plain sight, otherwise you will merely be helping to create another criminal.

Heffo
Heffo 05/07/12 - 11:42 am
How many Boxes did he send?

Non Profits do this sort of thing all the time. What percentage of your Church giving goes to Salaries? Probably 80%, in line with what most business enterprises do.

Some do much better, but even the ones who do better ( spend a high percentage on the cause) often live a lavish lifestyle at the expense of the people who work or volunteer and those who contribute their hard earned money.

The question to be asked of these people who are living off of non-profits, is simply are you giving more than you are getting? Or are you in it for the money, mostly, the position, or some other motive rather than simply doing good.

I hope this guy did some good things with the money, let the facts come out before we rush to condemnation.

bearhunter6
bearhunter6 05/07/12 - 12:57 pm
Sorry for the GI's

I Gave them cash on 2 different occasion's @ 3 Bears. I hoped they would show the men & women oversea's more respect than this!! After serving whatever punishment they recieve, they should be run out of the state!! Sorry SOB's

justamom
justamom 05/07/12 - 01:40 pm
Not very trustin

I don't like beggars no matter WHO they are. I just don't trust them. I give locally to families in need at Christmas time and on other occasions to help kids. But NEVER at safeway (hate that when I'm checking out!!!) and never to large charities. I only give when I'm without a doubt that 100% of the donation is going to the cause. And I'm sure glad I didn't fall for Roach's tactics when I saw him at Sportman's last summer.

wings
wings 05/07/12 - 04:04 pm
Did he send ANY boxes?

If he had the nonprofit status, he would have been legal. Nonprofits are not really so accountable for their profits either, after all they don't have to pay taxes. They are already living on tax-based funding. Any paid "donations" come from "taxpayers," who again, "earned" the tax-based money.

Complaining about losing the money to Mr. Roach reminds me of my brother's story. He was proud to be in a high income bracket, and therefore bought a new truck every other year. His last slightly older truck he didn't need, so therefore, planned to sell it through the newspaper. A particular couple saw the ad, came, wanting to buy, BUT, my brother insisted they "test" drive his "barely used" old truck first. He gave them the keys and they happily took off, AND NEVER CAME BACK. When he reported it to the police department, they told him there was nothing they could do, as he "gave the people his truck keys himself," like a gift, or donation, but you cannot report it as stolen. If Mr. Roach was given gifts, money as donations, or whatever. He's a real [filtered word] alright, but he didn't "steal" what you "gave."

witchwitch
witchwitch 05/07/12 - 06:37 pm
We're the proof?

I did some volunteer work for Frank Roach and his Boxes for Heroes group last year. I have good reason to believe that the group did send packages to the troops. I did volunteer work for no pay and I provided services to them for my direct cost, as my contribution to our troops.

I don't believe that Boxes for Heroes was fraudulent. Mr. Roach did not live an opulent lifestyle and I never witnessed anything that appeared illegitimate.

The 501c3 designation did appear to be legitimate and I would be very surprised if that was all a ruse. I have been involved in many nonprofits and this one had documented their service. If I had witnessed any impropriety, I certainly wouldn't have contributed my effort for his cause.

I also don't see how his moose feeding incident is relevant to anything and I would like to know how it was determined that Mr. Roach was "notorious" for feeding moose from his window or how that determination is relevant in this matter. It all seems like yellow journalism, designed to damage his integrity.

I don't like to see anyone cheat the public, nor do I wish to see someone accused of such crime without solid evidence. It will be interesting to see how these accusations wash out. I really hope that the whole TRUTH is revealed with as much enthusiasm by the news, as they have demonstrated by publishing unproven accusations and assertions of guilt for issues unrelated to the issue.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 05/07/12 - 08:59 pm
@witchwitch

I agree with your post in many instances. The first being the moose incident.
People tend to forget that the burden of proof lies with the state, not the accused (14th amendment to the Constitution). That is why it is called a "defense." To try a person or an organization in the press is not prudent, wise nor fair and affords the accused anything but a fair trial.
I am not professing Mr Roaches guilt nor innocence as it is not for me to decide. However, we as a society have forgotten the very essence of our constitution as witnessed by some of the posts here. If we are to take law enforcements at its word on this or any other case, there would be no need for a court system. Like it or not, Mr Roach is innocent (as is provided by our judicial system and the US Constitution) until he has his day in court and the state can prove his guilt.
However, it is the duty of the press to report the indictment and the supporting evidence. At the same token, it is NOT the presses duty to assume the guilt (and my opinion they did not) of the accused or to imply guilt through disassociated instances (they may have). The press in this instance provided the information on the indictment, but the moose incident is not at all associated with defrauding the public and if nothing, else supports Mr Roach's integrity as he admitted to said incident. His willingness to fight the resulting charges related to the moose incident again relates to the courts, not the press.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/07/12 - 09:55 pm
I feed moose. Every one that

I feed moose. Every one that i get called on and accept for my church from the road kill i feed to fellow humans. I also support OUR warriors in many ways and have never stollen a single penny for support or appreciation of them. My son Jake has served many tour in Iraq other places & Afgan as well. I respect thye service that Roach did, but if what he is accused of doing now is true then he has crossed over and needs to repent of his sins against OUR warriors and those that trusted him at his supposed desire to honor OUR troops.

Jeremiah 6:17

wings
wings 05/08/12 - 07:58 am
Not every person goes to

Not every person goes to church, or believes the way you do. Not every person eats meat, or appreciates the killers of animals (though most would not wish the moose to be wasted when killed accidently). You don't seem to be on the same page as Mr. Roach, in the fact that feeding the moose is not the same as feeding people dead moose. Not every person supports what is being done in Afghanistan by our military, or what's happened in the M.E. in Iraq, or Libya, or now Syria. Not everyone is as perfect as you Mr. Watchman, but Mr. Roach did give some support that even you didn't try to do, when you have a nonprofit church to render many good services to many causes, even the men in uniform. Words are cheap. Remember these words? "Judge not lest you be judged."

"Let you, who are without sin, cast the first stone."

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 05/08/12 - 08:40 am
Emotion

Wings, I understand your emotion concerning this story. However, in defense of Watchman, I believe he was being facetious in his comments concerning moose.
In regards to our military involvement in the middle east; I am writing under presumption... that being that Watchman himself does not support our military actions in the middle east, he does, however, support those fighting in those actions as we all should. By the way, when did we become militarily involved in Syria? I just thought I may be missing something.
Although in his first post, Jerry (watchman) quickly implied Mr Roach's guilt, he just as quickly edited that first post to add: "I will hope that this is not true and innocent till proven guilty, but it's does not look good." which I consider to be a half hearted statement of "innocent until proven guilty." A truer statement is "the government has the burden of proving this innocent man guilty" for he IS still innocent ... until proven guilty.

Lee Gattenby 05/08/12 - 10:48 am
I knew it was fraud a while back

I mentioned to my wife about seeing 'Boxes for Heroes' donations containers at some convenience stores. Being an Army veteran who has served in the central asian theater of operations and having a son who has also been deployed, I know 'the language' of units that are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The donation container would have a story of a unit that was short this or that and that they needed donations.

First, a combat unit would never make known it was short on any type of sundry item publicly because it can be exploited by the enemy.

Secondly, the 'name of the unit' that was mentioned on the donation container was suspicious. I served in the 101st out of Ft. Campbell and my son serves in the 82nd out of Ft. Bragg. Making up a fictitious name of a unit that belongs in the 82nd/101st is not easy unless you actually served in those units. Not only that, I know soldiers who are in those regiments. Additionally, there are official channels where donations are received. The 'language' of how donations were processed did not match my knowledge of how such things were distributed (I was an army officer and worked with charitable organizations somewhat when I was active duty). I mentioned this to the store clerk that displayed the donation container. The answer I got back did not sit well with me.

Most importantly, soldiers that are deployed overseas need letters of support and small sentimental gifts (pictures drawn by children are the best). Having been there, I know. Soldiers who have been wounded in action that can no longer serve active duty, those are the ones that can use monetary donations.

'Boxes for Heroes' failed all three of those tests. I should have stood up and mentioned my suspicions to law enforcement officials then. However, I am glad that this individual has finally been held accountable.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/08/12 - 09:54 am
Lee, Very Good and Thank You

Lee, Very Good and Thank You and your son for your service so we can express our opinions freely with only minimal fear of others which some may have.
This surely will cause us all to be more alert about this type of scam, but ther Peninsula seems to always have some sort of scam going on with that thing called progress or growth and evil people that target others that have a giving heart still.
This type of attitude is becoming more of the norm as we are being programmed with the desire of self over others and with the push for Sharing equally no work required it's gona get worse.

I would like to say that i'm not perfect in any way and stumble daily in many areas of my life which can some times be two steps foreward with one or more back if not careful. I have the ability to be a major A hole if not careful and some times that ability still slips out in a minor way and i have to edit things i said after thinking about it.
Not perfect, but i do love people and want to help & serve them most generally even if my words some times don't relay that point. I also tend to get carried away with nasty people and become just like them which is also wrong, i will endeavor to curb this faulty trait of mine not resorting to being Facetious which is what KK did point out.

Revelation 13:16-17

scarter
scarter 05/08/12 - 09:59 am
roach

roach needs to be gilded, if found guilty and hungup

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 05/08/12 - 10:41 am
Logic

Lee, thank you for demonstrating the powers of logic over those of emotion.
You in fact do bring up some very logical points, however, it is still a court of law that will decide Mr Roach's case, not a court of public opinion. I can only hope that logic prevails more so that emotion on any number of posts. But as of yet, the majority do not!
Jerry, facetiousness is not a faulty trait in most instances. I personally saw your previous post concerning moose as an attempt at humor and a good one at that.

spwright 05/08/12 - 10:58 am
Most Important Opinion of All

LEE GATTENBY ! WELCOME HOME SOLDIER WELCOME HOME ! FINALLY A IRAQ & AFGHANISTAN VETERAN SPEAKS UP !
In my book Your Opinion is the Most Important of All.

While many that speak up on this forum can only speculate & Guess as to What's Happening in Iraq & Afghanistan.
YOU Sir speak from 1st hand experience. Therefore Your's is the most Valued Opinion.

To be Honest, I also was "burned" by Mr Roach & Yes I donated $$ also without question. Never giving a passing thought to this being a Rip Off.

I want to believe Mr. Roach is Innocent & this is all coming from a disgruntled ex employee & Mr. Roach did In-Fact use the donations to mail Care Packages to Our Troops ?
I Don't Know What is the Truth Here ? The Trial should discover the Truth. I have a difficult time with a NAVY VETERAN doing this to His Fellow Veteran.
Perhaps it will be proven that He is Innocent & We all will be eating Our Words afterwards ? Don't Know ?

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY SIR ! Thank You for Your Service & most Important of All, Tell Your SON serving with the USArmy's 82nd Airborne Division that HE IS NOT FORGOTTEN ! This crusty ole ParaTrooper thinks of them each & every damn day. God be with Them & Keep Them SAFE.

SPW "Airborne" Drafted July 1969 82nd Airborne Div.

wings
wings 05/08/12 - 12:34 pm
Good to see soldiers speaking up ...

But, its more than emotion ... it’s the LAW that over shadows emotion and reason, even truth. The LAW determines innocence or guilt regardless of the truth. The LAW sometimes punishes TRUTH.

Also, as a side note. No one needs to defend Watchman, though it is respectful to do so. He has the highest defense in his corner and is in constant humility of it. In my books Watchman is extremely honorable. Hey, we’ve been down this road before.

The military is not the same as it was in Watchmans day, however, and today’s soldiers, you included Lee, had/have a choice to make when signing the papers for military service. Draft may come around again, but for these wars (after JFK) ... it’s pretty much been volunteer decision on the part of the signature on the paper. I have an extensive family of military folks, and I too (without having served any military time myself), perhaps, know more than most from being a close (respectful) partner of several branches of military; Marine Corp, Navy Psyops, Army Engineer, and even the second generation of family and children going into the same afore said branches. We've lost a lot in the human commodity department through warring on foreign soil. I don’t approve of war on any shore, and, even stranger to you maybe, I don’t believe war is necessary. With the money spent on war and all the war machines, soldiers payrolls, Base Camps, corrupt deals, the entire population of the world could be well fed and well taken care of. No one would be hungry. I may be wrong, but I think it’s more honorable to feed the hungry than to kill them.

I have come to a new realization of our world and our place in it as a nation and human beings in general. Today’s “Christian” teachings (which certainly have a lot to do with money) seems to go against the teachings of Jesus. Mr. Roach is a person who needs help to see the error of his way ... if there is error (according to the law) ... but, it is not fair to crucify him without proper trial. Other than himself, who did he really hurt? Like Watchman says, people who have a giving heart will still give anyway.

cbeard
cbeard 05/08/12 - 12:43 pm
Silly

All of this speculation on Roachy and other legal issues of his isn't helping him. It doesn't matter if his lifestyle wasn't opulent, it doesn't matter if he did send a couple of boxes to the military (to fool easily swindled people about what was really going on), stealing is stealing END OF STORY.

wings
wings 05/08/12 - 01:55 pm
Stealing isn't quite the same

with a legal nonprofit status of 501(c)(3) ... given ONLY by the IRS ... take that to court and see what happens. Any well paid lawyer will tell us they won't sue a nonprofit status ... where's the money? Someone would have to write a grant to pay for their fees.

Dani3La 05/08/12 - 04:44 pm
If this is true, I mean these

If this is true, I mean these kind of people, they really are scumbags.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/08/12 - 08:44 pm
Wars are mankinds ways of

Wars are mankinds ways of exerting control over others which God never gave to man. Man was instructed to have dominion over all the earth and animals, not each other.
Our forefather Cain was the first to not like Gods plans after his father Adam went down that same road. Thus Cain slew his brother Abel because he, Cain wanted it his way, not Gods when it came to proper forms of Acceptable Worship to God.
I hate wars as well, and your right Wings it's all about the $$$ and Global control of every thing & every one all of which is going to come to a point of over 2/3rds of ALL life on earth being destroyed at the end of the Age, Era of time soon i do believe. If not stoped man would kill all life on earth, thats where the second coming of Jesus fits in, he comes back & stops the total distruction of all Creation and punishes the evil ones at the battle of Armageddon, it's in the dictionary, oh in the Bible aswell.
Speaking of Christians and killing have ya read where when Jesus comes back he is not coming as a sacrificial Lamb that takes away the sin of the World by sheading his blood, but as Judge & King as well as executioner of all that rejected His way for their own way and must pay for sin with their own blood?
Then there will be war no more, no money made off war or scammers or evil politicians with their own Dream Acts & business associates to line their pockets. There will be work & food for all and if ya don't work then ya don't eat. Everyone will have medical insurance and the legal system can't be corrupted so their will be justice for all and swift punishment to all law breakers. The list of GR8 things about this Global Govt. of Jesus are endless, but time, as well as space will not allow me to say much more. What a Blessed Hope to Believe in with this True one Jesus who has the Only Hope & Fundamental Change to Believe in compared to Obama's or any other mans huh?

I see that from the indictmant news article that this guy spent it all on his livelyhood & employment of his workers that collected the funds. Sad this Sharing Equally plan that is being copied after the Govts. by many, with the Govts. getting away with it continually to OUR National demise as well as Globally.
Send Roach to rehab and then get him in some form of manmade Government quick as he has all the tools for success and reelectability by his past actions if found to be true.

Revelation 13:16-17

wings
wings 05/09/12 - 10:39 am
Well said, Watchman.

Well said.

Little irritations like "Roach" are meant to keep us at bay of the bigger picture. Human beings are tested on this planet, and guess who the teacher is. It isn't a popularity contest, or a test to see who owns the most, but a test of love. Take your diamonds, big house, big SUV (that robs the resources from others), and shove them out the door. Find ways that will help the planet grow back it's health. We humans are the caretakers, not the destroyers. Forget taking the view from your neighbor just because you have the money to do this injustice. Forgive yourself and move into the light of love, and see your neighbor as yourself.

Don't send soldiers anything ... they made their decision already ... war. We pay them well.

spwright 05/09/12 - 01:12 pm
Proper Justice

Just a thought. IF Mr. Roach proves to be Guilty ?

Instead of locking him away in a Alaskan Prison.
Lets send Him to Afghanistan & assign him to the NAVY or USMC E O D Explosive Ordinance Disposal.

Then Mr Roach could serve a USEFUL Prison Term as a
E O D Specialist. Walking out in front of those Military Vehicles with a Metal & Bomb Detector. Credit Him $10.00 per mile that has been Cleared of I E D Threats & SAVING American Lives. Takes about a 1/2 day to clear 1 mile so He would be in Afghanistan for a very very long term in order to
Pay Back that $140,000.00 that He Stole.
The Marines would make certain that Mr. Roach did not escape.
Sounds like Proper Justice to me, What Say You ?

Oh "Wings" did You really say "Don't send our Troops anything" They already made their decision-war we pay them well" I just mean to clarify your statement ?

SPW "Airborne"

wings
wings 05/09/12 - 06:20 pm
Sir, yes, Sir, SPW Airborne

I did say that. Please don't feel intimidated by a widow of a Marine before your time. I do know about war. It isn't GOOD to SEND anyone "there" (wherever war is created). Did you sign those papers, and accept the programming or do you just support the troops because you didn't sign the papers? Why did you sign? Why didn't you stay home and guard your people from themselves and the boiling frog government? Protect us from Big Pharma if you have ideals of salvation for the people in this country, don't guard the poppies in Afghanistan for our children to get hooked on, or imprisoned, or dead. Don't kick down any doors in my name, or hurt my brothers, sisters, mothers or fathers from another land just because you've been programmed to think that it's right. And please, don't tell me to love it or leave it. If you support war, you will support those who sign the papers to go to war. War is war. Stealing is stealing. Liars, lie, and, thieves, steal. That's about as plain as it gets. What does your bible tell you?

spwright 05/10/12 - 06:08 am
Reply to "Wings" 5/9/12

"Wings" To be Honest, your statement & APATHY for Our Troops really upset me & I was about to respond with a rant
about Our Troops & Their Service & Your Very Own Freedom of Speech.

But then I did consider Perhaps Your Attitude towards Our Troops is What the Majority of Americans actually Feel at this Time. I sincerely Don't Know What America Thinks about Supporting Our Troops ?

Many Americans will state in public that they support Our Troops be when it comes time to actually participate & share the burden those Americans are No Where to Be Found.

So just maybe Your Attitude towards Our Troops is What America really believes ?
Quote " Don't send Soldiers anything... they made their decision already--war we pay them well"
I have a sincerely difficult time believing that the Widow of a United States Marine would have such a Attitude towards Our Troops ? That really confuses me.

No One repeat No One hates WAR more than the Veterans that must endure War & Yes that includes You "Wings"

I No I did NOT volunteer to Go to War, I along with 35,000 Single American Males per month were Drafted into Military Service during "The Nam"

I'm very curious to know What is the REAL Attitude towards Our Troops ? What Say YOU ? those that made the time to read this message ? Do You agree with "Wings" ? ?

SPW "Airborne"