Local veterans advocate’s home damaged by fire

The trailer home belonging to local veterans advocate Herb Stettler was damaged in a May 3 fire, according to a Central Emergency Services press release issued Monday.

No injuries were reported in the blaze that caused an estimated $4,000 loss. The fire started in the living room where the wood stove chimney protruded through the structure’s roof. The residence is valued at $3,000 and the contents of the house are also valued at $3,000.

At about 5:10 p.m. on May 3, CES crews responded to the residence at 21607 Tustumena Lake Road for the report of a structure fire. The first unit arrived in six minutes and observed a trailer home with smoke and flames showing. 

Stettler was out of the home when crews arrived. CES reported it was able to keep the fire contained to one side of the structure, but the rest of the home and its contents were damaged by smoke and heat.

 

More

Mon, 01/23/2017 - 10:33

Home invasion, shooting reported in Soldotna

Alaska State Troopers and Central Emergency Services responded to a reported home invasion and shooting incident Sunday night in Soldotna.

Read more
Sun, 01/22/2017 - 19:55

Consultant raises concerns about Alaska gas project

JUNEAU — A legislative consultant has raised red flags about Alaska taking the lead on a major proposed liquefied natural gas project, even as Gov. Bill Walker has said he is comfortable with it.

Read more
Sun, 01/22/2017 - 19:59

Photo: Open for business