Local veterans advocate’s home damaged by fire

The trailer home belonging to local veterans advocate Herb Stettler was damaged in a May 3 fire, according to a Central Emergency Services press release issued Monday.

No injuries were reported in the blaze that caused an estimated $4,000 loss. The fire started in the living room where the wood stove chimney protruded through the structure’s roof. The residence is valued at $3,000 and the contents of the house are also valued at $3,000.

At about 5:10 p.m. on May 3, CES crews responded to the residence at 21607 Tustumena Lake Road for the report of a structure fire. The first unit arrived in six minutes and observed a trailer home with smoke and flames showing. 

Stettler was out of the home when crews arrived. CES reported it was able to keep the fire contained to one side of the structure, but the rest of the home and its contents were damaged by smoke and heat.

 

More

Mon, 07/24/2017 - 22:10

Summer attire

Mon, 07/24/2017 - 20:49

Peninsula represented at Acceleration Academy

Alaska Native students from across the state are continuing their education this summer through several programs at the University of Alaska Anchorage in conjunction with... Read more

Mon, 07/24/2017 - 20:37

Kenai Fire responds to fewer boat accidents this dipnet season

The Kenai Fire Department hasn’t had to rescue as many swamped boats in the Kenai River personal-use dipnet fishery this year as last year.... Read more