Local veterans advocate’s home damaged by fire

The trailer home belonging to local veterans advocate Herb Stettler was damaged in a May 3 fire, according to a Central Emergency Services press release issued Monday.

No injuries were reported in the blaze that caused an estimated $4,000 loss. The fire started in the living room where the wood stove chimney protruded through the structure’s roof. The residence is valued at $3,000 and the contents of the house are also valued at $3,000.

At about 5:10 p.m. on May 3, CES crews responded to the residence at 21607 Tustumena Lake Road for the report of a structure fire. The first unit arrived in six minutes and observed a trailer home with smoke and flames showing. 

Stettler was out of the home when crews arrived. CES reported it was able to keep the fire contained to one side of the structure, but the rest of the home and its contents were damaged by smoke and heat.

 

More

Thu, 07/20/2017 - 20:50

NordAq fined $100,000 for unplugged well

On Thursday the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission issued a $100,000 penalty and a $800,000 bond requirement to Alaskan independent oil and gas company... Read more

Thu, 07/20/2017 - 20:50

Central Kenai Peninsula sees more rain this summer than usual

Central Kenai Peninsula residents have gotten practice at being prepared for less than perfect weather this summer.

Read more
Thu, 07/20/2017 - 20:50

Man arrested for DUI after spilling screws on Seward Highway

Man arrested for DUI after spilling screws on Seward Highway

Read more