• Overcast, light rain
    Overcast, light rain

Soldotna man killed in motorcycle crash

Posted: May 31, 2012 - 9:45am  |  Updated: May 31, 2012 - 9:49am

A Soldotna man was killed Wednesday when his motorcycle collided with a compact SUV at Mile 91.2 of the Sterling Highway.

Jaramiah Hundley, 23, was taken to Central Peninsula Hospital shortly after the collision around 4 p.m. where he was pronounced dead, according to Alaska State Troopers. When Troopers arrived, they initiated life-saving measures until Central Emergency Services arrived, according to the Troopers’ report.

Mickie Warwick, 56, of Anchorage, was the sole occupant of the vehicle, a Ford Escape that was towing a travel trailer.

The Troopers’ report said that the Warwick’s Ford Escape was northbound on the Sterling Highway and began turning left into a driveway in front of the motorcycle. The motorcycle was southbound on the Sterling Highway and impacted the passenger side of the vehicle, according to Troopers.

Next of kin have been notified, according to the report. The investigation is ongoing.

cruebug
cruebug 05/31/12 - 03:38 pm
He leaves Behind two

He leaves Behind two beautiful little girls. ages 1 year old and 4 years old. there is an account set up for them at First national account # 70571617

just_john
just_john 06/01/12 - 06:21 am
This makes me mad.....

Such a waste....I know I may be jumping to conclusions, BUT I have been riding most of my 40 year life.....Let's see....I wasn't there but I can guess.....Traffic heavy coming south bound.....SUV with trailer wanting to turn.....see's a small opening...."ahh lets go for it...I can make it".....but just then sees the motorcycle behind the car/truck that he thought was the last in line.....smack...nothing this 23 yo could do....how do I know this? Because this happens all the time.....People are in a hurry....and then the famous quote "I didn't see the motorcycle"....well thats because you weren't looking! Now I could be wrong, maybe the kid was speeding....no helmet....not sure, but I do know one thing...this kid who has just begun life is gone...and has left a wife and two small babies, and the pain that this will bring for a lifetime! Like I said I maybe jumping to conclusions...but more times than not the Car is at fault....PLEASE PEOPLE SLOW DOWN AND WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES....!!!!!!

missred
missred 06/01/12 - 06:29 pm
Cracker jack box license

Jaramiah had a helmet and drives very safe just wait till the truth is revealed. As a driver myself if I see a motorcycle any where near close when I need to turn I will wait for them to pass by me. May you rest in peace jear bear

catalina291
catalina291 06/02/12 - 12:01 am
Very sad

I lost my son in an accident when he was only 22 years old, he left behind a young wife and an 18 month old son, Along with a lot of family and friends, He has been missed every day since. This will impact these families in ways they never even dreamed of, it's such a waste, and why because we're in such a hurry? Or not paying attention? Neither victim woke up that day thinking I will die today! Or I will kill somebody today! But it happened, and it happenes every day! And it's such a waste. Please people slow down, pay attention, My son was a Christian I know where he is, remember we are only One Hartbeat away from Eternity! Where will you spend yours?

Brandon.Ellis2005
Brandon.Ellis2005 06/20/12 - 02:56 pm
A great Man!

I had the honor to go to the Alaska Military Youth Academy The Jaramiah Hundly in 2005 and we had become closely connected during our time there he was one of 2 people that I still talked to to this day I had just learned of the loss of my friend yesterday June 19, 2012 and I can tell you it hasn't been easy to adjust to this lose but I know His spirit will always go on through everyone and everything he ever did and touched I would have been at his funeral if i found out prior to it but I'm not well informed I had the opportunity to go see him in April while I was in town after I got back from school but I chose to go to work one day early instead needless to say that is one decision that I will regret for the rest of my life! Everything He ever did was so so his mom and Family would have a better life than his H always thought His life was bad when we where in the Academy but we had always told him that he had a great life and he was a great man but he always argued that statement with us and now the only thing that goes on is his spirit and even though I now he was a lot to me and everyone else he was around Life will never be the same without him! Most everyone in this world is a candle but he was a beacon, The light shining down from God and most of all an inspiration He helped me through what I thought was one of the hardest times of my life which was nothing compared to this new!!