Several local organizations will get a boost in funding from the Kenai Peninsula Foundation through its 2012 grant cycle awards. The winners of the grant cycle include 12 organizations who were awarded $500 each. Community members reviewed and made recommendations to award funds to the following non-profit organizations on the Kenai Peninsula:
* Alaska Children’s Institute for the Performing Arts (Triumvirate Theatre)
* FriendshipMission, Inc.
* Hope Community Resources, Inc.
* Frontier Community Services
* Central Peninsula Health Foundation/Safe Kids Kenai Peninsula Coalition
* Birchwood Center, Peninsula Community Health Services
* After The Bell, Inc.
* Love, INC. of the Kenai Peninsula
* Alaska Christian College
* New Hope Counseling Center
* Native Village of Tyonek
* Cook Inletkeeper