Fish and Game reminder: Personal-use permits past due

Upper Cook Inlet personal-use dipnet and set-gillnet permit holders are reminded that Aug. 15 was the deadline to return 2012 Upper Cook Inlet personal-use salmon fishery permits to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. These are the permits for dipnetting at the Kenai and Kasilof rivers and for set-gillnetting at the Kasilof River. 

Personal-use fisheriy participants are required by law to return permits even if they did not fish, or even if they fished but caught nothing. Compliance is important to future management of the Upper Cook Inlet personal-use fisheries.

Permits can be mailed to the department with appropriate postage; the address is printed on the back of the permit. Permits may also be delivered to local Fish and Game offices during regular business hours.

In cases where permits have been lost or are too damaged to go through the mail, permit holders may mail a letter that includes your name, mailing address, 2012 sport fishing license number, Alaska driver’s license number and names of the household members listed on the original permit. Include an accounting of the dates and locations the permit was fished and the species and number of fish retained, including flounder. On dates where dipnetting or personal-use set-netting occurred but no fish were caught, include the dates and locations, and write “zero.” Mail the letter to: Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Personal Use Salmon Permits, 333 Raspberry Road, Anchorage, Alaska 99518-1599

For more information, contact the Anchorage Sport Fish Information Center at 907-267-2218 or Kristine Dunker, Fisheries Biologist in Anchorage at 907-267-2889.


Sat, 04/29/2017 - 21:57

BP honors Kenai Peninsula teachers

Sat, 04/29/2017 - 21:55

AGDC shares new plans for LNG pipeline

Representatives of the Alaska Gasline Development Corporation were in Nikiski on Wednesday evening to present a state-led pipeline mega-project with a different economic approach but... Read more

Alaska Legislature defies governor’s call to weigh nominees

JUNEAU — Alaska Republican legislators on Thursday defied Gov. Bill Walker’s call to take confirmation votes on his appointments to boards, commissions and key administration... Read more

Around the Web