Current weather

  • Clear sky
  • 30°
    Clear sky
  • Comment

Candle causes house fire

Posted: July 16, 2013 - 8:55pm

A fire damaged the front of a house in Kasilof Thursday.

Central Emergency Services and Alaska State Troopers responded to the fire at 5:32 p.m., on Yukon Road.

There were no injuries.

According to a trooper report, the fire started when the property owner, Curtis Garrett, 69, of Maryland, left a citronella oil candle unattended on the front porch, and it caught the house on fire.

Garrett was the only one at the residence when the fire started.

No criminal activity is suspected.

— Staff report

  • Comment

Spotted

Please Note: You may have disabled JavaScript and/or CSS. Although this news content will be accessible, certain functionality is unavailable.

Skip to News

« back

next »

  • title http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321268/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321253/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321248/
  • title http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321243/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321208/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/320593/
  • title http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321173/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321163/
My Gallery

CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS