Current weather

  • Overcast
  • 54°
    Overcast
  • Comment

No home damage following fire in dryer

Posted: November 18, 2013 - 8:25pm  |  Updated: November 18, 2013 - 8:37pm

Staff report

Kenai Fire Department responded to a small fire on Inlet Woods Drive shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.

According to Kenai Fire Chief Mike Tilly, a report was received of a fire in a dryer housed in the garage of a residence.

The dryer was in use and the owner noticed odd smell. As she started to unload the clothes from the dryer, she noticed smoke.

The resident called 911 and while on the phone, she pulled the lint trap out and found flames inside of the dryer.

Tilly said the fire was contained in the dryer and responders unplugged the unit, extinguished the flames and moved it outside. No damage was reported to the residence.

The cause of fire is currently under investigation.

Tilly said this time of year is a perfect to thoroughly check and clean out dryers and vents.

Typically there are more dryer fires in the winter months than in the summer ones, he said.

 

  • Comment

Spotted

Please Note: You may have disabled JavaScript and/or CSS. Although this news content will be accessible, certain functionality is unavailable.

Skip to News

« back

next »

  • title http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321268/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321253/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321248/
  • title http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321243/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321208/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/320593/
  • title http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321173/ http://spotted.peninsulaclarion.com/galleries/321163/
My Gallery

CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS