No home damage following fire in dryer

Staff report

 

Kenai Fire Department responded to a small fire on Inlet Woods Drive shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.

According to Kenai Fire Chief Mike Tilly, a report was received of a fire in a dryer housed in the garage of a residence.

The dryer was in use and the owner noticed odd smell. As she started to unload the clothes from the dryer, she noticed smoke.

The resident called 911 and while on the phone, she pulled the lint trap out and found flames inside of the dryer.

Tilly said the fire was contained in the dryer and responders unplugged the unit, extinguished the flames and moved it outside. No damage was reported to the residence.

The cause of fire is currently under investigation.

Tilly said this time of year is a perfect to thoroughly check and clean out dryers and vents.

Typically there are more dryer fires in the winter months than in the summer ones, he said.

 

More

Walker pick for Senate seat withdraws

JUNEAU — A man nominated by Gov. Bill Walker to fill an open Alaska Senate seat withdrew from consideration Thursday, less than a day after... Read more

Gravel pit work group lays out plan

After more than a decade of fiery debates about gravel pits operating near homes, the Kenai Peninsula Borough is taking another look at its regulations... Read more

Soldotna OKs relaxed pot regulations

With a tie-breaking vote, Soldotna Mayor Nels Anderson gave retail marijuana businesses some wiggle room to set up shop in the small city.

Read more