No home damage following fire in dryer

Staff report

 

Kenai Fire Department responded to a small fire on Inlet Woods Drive shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.

According to Kenai Fire Chief Mike Tilly, a report was received of a fire in a dryer housed in the garage of a residence.

The dryer was in use and the owner noticed odd smell. As she started to unload the clothes from the dryer, she noticed smoke.

The resident called 911 and while on the phone, she pulled the lint trap out and found flames inside of the dryer.

Tilly said the fire was contained in the dryer and responders unplugged the unit, extinguished the flames and moved it outside. No damage was reported to the residence.

The cause of fire is currently under investigation.

Tilly said this time of year is a perfect to thoroughly check and clean out dryers and vents.

Typically there are more dryer fires in the winter months than in the summer ones, he said.

 

More

Tue, 04/24/2018 - 21:49

Result in borough invocation case could take 6 months

With the open court discussion done, the plaintiffs and the Kenai Peninsula Borough may have to wait up to six months for a decision in... Read more

Tue, 04/24/2018 - 21:48

Phone scammers posing as HEA collectors

Phone scammers posing as bill collectors for Homer Electric Association have targeted local business owners, seeking payment for false electric bills and threatening to cut... Read more

Tue, 04/24/2018 - 21:47

Two file for open Soldotna council seat

Soldotna City Council will decide between two applicants Wednesday night to fill a vacant seat.

Read more