A 6-year-old Kenai boy remains in an Intensive Care Unit at Children’s Hospital in Anchorage after a swimming accident at a hotel pool Friday night.
Floyd Murphy, a Kindergarten student at Kaleidoscope, underwent CPR after water went into his lungs, according to a Facebook page put up by parents Tim and Raelynne Murphy. His brain was deprived of oxygen, which caused seizures and some brain damage.
On Monday morning, Floyd has shown progress.
“(He) has begun exhibiting a cough reflex during suctioning of his lungs. He is also still taking intermittent breaths above and beyond the ventilator,” Murphy wrote. “We continue to lay our hands on Floyd and pray over him. He seems to like it when we put inspirational music on in the room, as he always takes extra breaths when it starts playing.”