Law enforcement should engage community in dialogue

Posted: October 22, 2012 - 3:33pm  |  Updated: October 23, 2012 - 8:38am

So our Law Enforcers know how to shoot to kill (“Making Shots Count,” Peninsula Clarion, Oct. 19), but do they know when and who and even why they should shoot to kill? I am far more concerned about the mental proficiency of those who use lethal force than I am about their firearms knowhow. They can punch holes in paper but can they recite the Bill of Rights and do they know what they mean?

Bear in mind that just a couple months ago the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) ordered 750 million rounds hollow point ammo to distributed to agencies such as the IRS, TSA and even to our local enforcers (Google: DHS Hollow Point Ammo). Add to that the growing takeover of local law enforcement departments by the DHS. Doubt it? Have you heard of the National Incident Management System? Just Google: NIMS, what is it? How about Fusion Centers? (Google: DHS Fusion Centers).

It appears that the central government is preparing for war against someone and it would seem that the central government is more intent on creating an adversarial mindset throughout law enforcement than it is trying to engender cooperation with the people they serve. Do the math: 750 million rounds of hollow point and 250 million adults.

Why, you should ask, aren’t these law enforcement officers meeting with the citizens in town hall forums to explain why their departments are being taken over by federal agencies and to what extent they are willing to comply with federal tyranny? Instead of showing us that they are skilled in “two in the chest and one to the head,” how about dialoguing with folks to bring back trust and cooperation within our community? How deeply is the federal central government embedded in local law enforcement? Will my local law enforcers march alongside jack-booted federal goons or stand with We The People against tyranny? Perhaps local law enforcers owe us some answers.

Norm Olson

Nikiski

spwright 10/28/12 - 10:38 pm
Cussin & Discussin

Sun 10/28/12
Norseman, I think ya hit a nerve with Norm. He is begining to unravel & get confused about what he has stated in the past & what he is saying today. & He is beginning to Cuss just a bit.

He must be watching Mister Conspiracy Theory Himself Jesse Ventura. The Japs did it, no Timothy McVeigh did it
No, now it's our own government bombed the Federal Bldg in OKC.His "Constitutional Militia" had nothing to do w/ OKC.
1st it was the Michigan then Alaska Peacemakers now the current name for the Nikiski Militia. Kinda hard to keep up w/
all those names.
Oh I really enjoyed this one from WoW. The current Monster Hurricane approaching the East Coast is being controlled by the HARRP Project in interior Alaska.
What are these Guys Smokin' ? Must be some powerful stuff.
The Drama continues

SPW"Airborne"

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 10/29/12 - 08:04 am
Norseman's little world

You state- “I as a US citizen want my law enforcement to be the best shots and the best armed force. I am a law abiding citizen and have never in 60 years been or feel threatened of law enforcement."

Man you live in a little world. You want a standing army among the people. Look around you.

Abolitionist and law breaker (runaway slave) Frederick Douglas once said the effective ways to fight for justice is to “agitate, agitate agitate” and so I do. In your world there is no injustice. If it never happened to you, then it did not happen to anyone of importance. So bring on the Police-State to maintain safety for the important people.

Norseman 10/29/12 - 07:35 am
I put WoW on ignore months

I put WoW on ignore months ago.
As far as the local miltia boys go, they have been pretty quiet since their comrade in arms, Cox, has been found guilty. Not one peep from them during his trial other than they vehemently stated that he would be found innocent of all charges.

Again they are on the wrong side of history.
Some experts believe that individuals who believe and build their lives around conspiracy theories have some underlying issues.
Here the local militia state that the OKC bombing was done by our governement. First the Japanese, now our government.
Timothy McVeigh would argure that if he were alive.
Here is his deathbed confession.
"............
When McVeigh was asked if there were other conspirators in the bombing, he replied: "Because the truth is, I blew up the Murrah Building, and isn't it kind of scary that one man could wreak this kind of hell?"
On the morning of McVeigh's execution a letter was released in which he had written "For those die-hard conspiracy theorists who will refuse to believe this, I turn the tables and say: Show me where I needed anyone else. Financing? Logistics? Specialized tech skills? Brainpower? Strategy? ... Show me where I needed a dark, mysterious 'Mr. X'!"........"

The author of this opinion states his concern for the mental health of our law enforcement since they are carrying guns and target practicing. What the rest of us should be concerned with is the fact that we have a bunch of conspiracy driven extremists armed to the teeth running loose on the peninsula.

I can just hear them say to themselves," 8 out of the ten voices in my head told me to stay home and clean my weapons."

Fortunately our brave men and women in Law Enforcement are working day and night to try and forestall any more tragedies from domestic extremists like Timothy McVeigh.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 10/29/12 - 07:48 am
SPWright-Conspiracy

Here is a conspiracy to reject. Bring on the Police-State, so the simple important folks are protected from the likes of a chicken farmer.

This man was not important enough to care about the injustice.

Suss
Suss 10/29/12 - 07:58 am
Ray-Ray, What gives, Abolitionist or "Abortionist"

Check your spell check. No need to start up the right to lifer ranters.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 10/29/12 - 08:13 am
Suss

Thanks. I fixed it. I wish I was better at my writing ability. But I am what I am. A simple person fighting for justice. I fail often, but will not stop. I am encouraged there are more than 4 people reading this thread

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 10/29/12 - 08:35 am

I wonder how many hollow point bullets this standing army with tanks had, to take-out, this armed mother? It should make us all shiver. Norseman and SPWright like this evolving Police-State.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 10/29/12 - 09:18 am
AS USUAL TWISTED WORDS AND MESSAGE FROM two

I never said that HAARP in Alaska was causing the Frankenstorm. I asked if HAARP, THATS WORLD WIDE COULD BE CAUSING IT? Not so smart word twisters.
Norseman if you think your putting me on IGNORE hurts my feeling then your as simple minded as you continually appear.
What does hurt my feeling is that you IGNORE God and his eternal promises of coming judgment. You seem to be so smart then why is you are so ignorant in this area, when i am smart concerning Gods promise but not about the many Govt. secret structures designed to control all areas of human life with the help of satan and his DEMO ns?

A question for you two smart haters of fellow Americans that want us all inslaved by world govt. of whom i would class as "SUPPOSED" Friendly Fire.
?? All the terror attacks that are stopped by govt. who by the way are the ones who also supplied all the supposed elements for these foriegn bombers in Sting operations, why is it that only these supposed planned attacks are the ones reaching the news, YET THERE SEEMS TO BE ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER ATTEMPTS ANYWHERE?
?? Why is it that these KNOWN Sting Operations that are stopped have LE and Govt. standing around for many hours at the sites of these Stings doing nothing other than deceiving the public in a supposed protection Sting?
Why the massive precautionary actions at govt. operation Sting sites, did they forget that they are the ones running the Sting and that it was a Sting that would cause absolutely no damage to anything or anyone?

I pray for OUR Prez. and Government Officials daily that they will repent of their deceptive ways of leading America away from what OUR Founding Fathers warned against, which is removing God from OUR Nation.

OUR Presidents attacks against ALL AMERICANS that Cling to OUR guns and Bibles is none stop, yet he pays $BILLIONS$ of Borrowed dollars that WE WILL HAVE TO REPAY to Islamic Jihadist groups that kill Americans and others that refuse their Sharia Law beliefs.
I am thankful for OUR LLE and am glad they practice for coming troubles, my wife and other friends & i also do the very same things many more times than they probably as we also know that troubles are coming and there are people out there that would do all of us harm if allowed to do so.
In the words of Jesus, "No gr8er love has any man than to lay down his life for a friend," and thats what many Americans are preparing for as we see the coming Winter storm of hate spreading this way as well as Globally.
I bet you two didn't know that was said by Jesus, not some military or govt. leader.
What i am not thankful for is the continual discrediting of those that are giving warnings of plain to see coming troubles world wide and continual trying to blind Americans and Alaskans to REALITY with their continued conspiracy crap. Your crys of Conspiracy are deceptive when in fact YOUR words are actually the Conspiracy, A CONSPIRACY TO DECEIVE AND DESTROY OTHER HUMANS.
Have a GR8 Day and remember you can only vote once in this vote early, not often election with 8 days left before we can go back to being FRIENEMIES in some other area as you continue to Deceive others that every things ok, don't worry, be happy dream world of yours, and a few of us try to show that everythings not as it appears and it's not all ok for anyone.

normolson
normolson 10/29/12 - 03:29 pm
The Last Laugh

Nearly a billion rounds of hollow-point (outlawed by armies around the world) is being distributed to LE agencies in "the land of the free and the home of the brave." Why?
Why hollow-piont? Why so much. Can anyone provide a logical and rational reason. (I'm sure Norseman and the Flyguy won't offer any...it'll be just more blabber without value.)
One of the risks of being a conspiracy theorist is that there are so many causes to investigate when an event takes place. More often than not the theory turns out to be wrong, but that doesn't eliminate the need to find the cause. I know for a fact that the militia had nothing to do with the Murrah building. Neither could I believe that the central government would have done it. So there must have been another cause. Sure, we all grabbed at straws, but I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON SEEKING AN ANSWER. The answers are being found by the families of those who lost love-ones in the tragedy. Not one of those families today believes that the militia did it. Why? Because they are digging into the facts that show absolutely that the job was from the inside.
So the present event is that nearly a billion rounds of killer ammo is being distributed by FEMA. Why won't Norseman or Flyguy offer an explanation. Frankly, I surprised at Flyguy since he's ex-military. He should know better than anyone what such a threat means.
Regardless of the way you naysayers constantly refuse to offer anything to the discussion, time itself will tell the story.
I just wish I could see the look on your faces when you wake up to what the regime in Washington DC is preparing for you.
"The best slaves are those who think they're not."

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 10/29/12 - 03:54 pm
CAN YA SAY BENGAZI AMERICA??

What OUR Govt. pays in $BILLIONS$ to the Muslims to do in their peacful spread of Sharia Law amazes me that no one says anything about this. OUR GOVT. IS PAYING FOR ALL THE ISLAMIC SPRINGS, NOW WINTERS AND OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN SERVICE ARE BEING KILLED BY THOSE OUR GOVT. PAYS TO FIGHT AGAINST THEM.
AND NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING AGAINST THIS BS.
Make no mistake the Hope & Fundamental Change to believe in that Obama desirers and promises is known as Peaceful Sharia Law for America.
What you think the muslims were JOKING when that promised their Islamic Flag would fly from the White House?
I would say it's already Flying and ALL AMERICANS ARE IN MAJOR TROUBLES AS THEY PRETEND IT CAN'T BE HAPPENING IN AMERICA THE LAND OF THE FREE SLAVES, EVEN THOUGH IT IS HAPPENING AT WARP SPEED.
EITHER YOUR WITH ME OR YOUR AGAINST ME, NO IN BETWEENS, SAID JESUS. I'M WITH JESUS, NOT ISLAM LOVING OBAMA OR HIS SHEEPLE SLAVES.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 10/30/12 - 07:11 am
great questions

Norm,
Great questions about the OKC Bombing. Reminds me of you questioning Senator Arlen Specter about his “single bullet theory” assassination of President Kennedy, during the Congressional hearing about the Militia. He promised you, he would explain it to you later, rather than at the hearing. Say, Specter died this month. Did he ever explain his “theory” to you?

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 11:14 am
Me and Arlen Specter

When I heard he had cancer (which he fought for years) I wrote him asking him to tell the whole story. I also wished him well during his battle with cancer. He never replied, but neither did I get the letter "returned to sender."

He never did explain the "single bullet theory."

R.I.P

P.S. I have the video "Inconvenient Truth" if you'd like to watch it. Anyone out there doubting that the central government was involved in the OKC event needs to see this documentary.

Also, for Norseman and Flyguy, I'd like to ask the question since they are so sure the federals are doing such a great job. . . "If the militia was involved in the OKC event, why didn't the federals round up more of the militia?" You guys pat the feds on the back because they are such good law enforcers, but can you explain why only McVeigh and Nichols took the rap?

You see, you're blabber gets older and weaker with every recital. And you guys know that the militia wasn't involved in the destruction of the Murrah Building, but you're too frightened to ask the question of WHO WAS because you can't stand the answer.

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 11:18 am
You should see "A Noble Lie"

I also have "A Nobel Lie" for your viewing. It's the best one on the bombing of the Murrah Building.

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 03:00 pm
Which is it, guys?

Is it that we are so secretive and stealthy or is it that your beloved federal government is so incapable or inept that only Nichols and McVeigh we fingered for the big job in OKC?

Isn't it about time you realized that there were no other arrests BECAUSE they couldn't reveal that the other people were infact part of the federal government's dastardly deed in killing 169 men women and children all to cover up the evidence against our present Secretary of State and her cowardly husband and the dead bodies that littered the landscape in Mena, Arkansas?

When will you ever learn? But again, back to the question.
Which is it guys?

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 03:09 pm
Sorry, I don't have "Inconvenient Lie" -- Just as well.

I mentioned that I had Igor's (Al Gore's) tape on global warming. Well, I don't. Just as well.

I do have "A Nobel Lie" which I recommend to all who doubt that their wonderful, caring, considerate, and obedient-to-the-Constitution, central government was connected to the murder of 169 humans in Oklahoma City.

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 03:16 pm
What's with the silence?

Come-on guys... Norseman and Flyguy...what's with you? Why don't you answer the questions.

Why didn't your excellent law enforcement troops, wearing their nylon or kevlar FBI jackets and armor, arrest many other ordinary citizens engaged in the Constitutional exercise of assemble, the right to keep and bear arms, and to create militia for the protection of themselves from the very federal government you bow down to?

The reason of course is that there were NO ordinary citizens who were affiliated with the militia involved in the OKC event.

That's the biggest secret that Tim McVeigh took to the grave with him. He knew that by staying away from the citizens' militia that one day the focus would come back on the federal government that had set him up.

Read "Deadly-Secrets" available at "deadly-secrets.com"

He knew.... yes, he knew... and from his grave he is trying to get you dunderheads to understand how perilous it is to embrace a loving and kind federal government.

Norseman 10/30/12 - 04:29 pm
What a miserable and wretched

What a miserable and wretched existence to go through life fearing everything. Living with constant paranoia and conspiracy theories must take it's toll.

We are on such polar extremes on issues that it is pointless to attempt to convince either of us of the others postion. Time will be the judge who stood on the right side of history and who was on the wrong side.

Anyone or any group that promotes overthrowing or treason against my country is my enemy.

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 05:10 pm
Hey, Dude.... Wake Up...

Norseman, I don't have to convince you of anything. You're the one who has to convince yourself that the central government is keeping within its Constitutional limits. You're about 50 years behind the times. There was a day when wrapping yourself in the flag and denying that the central government could ever be a threat to freedom was good and correct. The evidence is overwhelming every day that American's rights and liberties are at risk.
You'll never believe me and that's why I've offered websites and documentation that should at least make you wonder whether you're entrenched beliefs can stand the horrible weight of evidence against you. The world has changed... Wake up.
Flag waving won't do you any good. Whether you believe it or not, we're all going down together. Instead of kicking against the eventuality, you'd be far wiser to prepare yourself for what is grossly apparent.

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 06:48 pm
One More Think You Should Understand

You said, "Unlike you I am a very proud American and love my country to death...literally. When I took my oath as an Army soldier I vowed to portect my country from enemies both foreign and domestic. I still honor that oath even though I am no longer in active duty. "

Being a proud America OUGHT to make you suspicious and critical of the federal government. The Founders were very suspicious of a federal government. You should know about the reason WHY the 2nd Amendment was added by anti-federalists: it was to make sure that a central government could be STOPPED by an armed public.
You took the oath and so did I, but I've got news for you: Loving your country is a whole lot different than loving the central government. If you haven't broken the code yet, it's like this: The federal government ISN'T your country and neither is it mine. My country is America and the American People. It is WE THE PEOPLE who have given birth to this thing we call the federal government.
Why not read my opening statement to the US Senate Sub Commitee. It pretty well covers it all.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 10/30/12 - 08:56 pm
REALLY NORSEMAN, REALLY?

PROTECT AGAINST BOTH FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC AND YOU SUPPORT THE MOST DOMESTIC THREAT AMERICA HAS EVER HAD WITH THIS NEW HOPE AND FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE WHICH MEANS TOTAL CHANGE OF OUR CONSTITUTION INTO A FEARFUL 3RD WORLD NATION THAT BOWS DOWN TO OBEDIENT ISLAM, REALLY?
YOU PROBABLY WISH YOU STILL DID WHAT YOU SWORE TO DO, BUT A BIT OF INFO FOR YOU, YOUR KIDDING YOUR SELF IF THATS WHAT YOU THINK YOUR DOING IN SUPPORT OF OUR PREZ. THAT SEEKS TO TOTALLY DESTROY AMERICA AND HAS DONE JUST THAT AS WE WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THIS DREAM ACT OF HIS.

normolson
normolson 10/30/12 - 09:31 pm
Perhaps you'd like to read a statement

Once you understand that the federal government IS NOT AMERICA, but rather is a potential threat to AMERICA, you'll put your sword back in the scabbard.

I'm not your enemy. I am the fierce enemy of tyranny and anyone or anything that theatens the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Right now in America, the federal central government is making war against the Bill of Rights.

I wish we could fast-forward 10 years so you could see the future today.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 10/31/12 - 08:55 am
ECONOMICAL TERROR

$6+ BILLION IN LESS THAN 4 YEARS SPELLS PLANNED ECONOMIC TERROR NO MATTER HOW ONE LOOKS AT OR COOKS THE BOOKS.
As i said from DAY ONE, this President of OURS would usher in some type of civil unrest or revolution and that ECONOMIC CRASH is about to happen and ALL THE WORLD CRASHES, WHEN AMERICA CRASHES, AND WE ALL READY SEE THE EDGES OF THAT CRASH GIVING WAY GLOBALLY IN MANY NATIONS.
The thing is when the ORDER IS GIVEN TO SHOOT AMERICANS THAT ARE SUFFERING FROM THIS ECONOMIC TERROR WILL THEY REMEMBER THEIR OATH TO PROTECT AND DEFEND AMERICA AGAINST DOMESTIC ATTACKS MENT TO DESTROY US ALL?