• Overcast
    Overcast

Here’s what’s going on at CPH

Posted: July 29, 2011 - 8:58am

Ever since I joined the CPGH, Inc. Board of Directors in 2005, people I meet ask, “What’s going on at the hospital?” Many times the person is just making interested conversation but when CPH is in the news, it’s usually an explanation they’re seeking. Most recently, CPH has been in the news because our Chief Executive Officer, Ryan Smith and our Chief Financial Officer, Jason Paret, have announced their resignations. Their reasons are both personal and public and some have been reported previously in the Clarion. Indeed, this is a time of transition in leadership for our organization.

Nevertheless, the answer to the question “What’s going on at the hospital?” is an easy one. The 700-plus amazing professionals — the physicians, nurses, employees and volunteers are there, as always, providing excellent health care services in a caring, safe, patient-focused environment. This team of experts at the hospital, Heritage Place and Serenity House, is devoted to meeting all the health care needs of our patients and our community. While it is true that some of the faces in leadership may change from time to time, the highest quality care remains constant at CPH, thanks to our remarkable care partners and professionals.

Another part of the answer to “What’s going on?” is that we have new programs, new technology and new people. We have a new spine surgery program and several new physicians have joined our community. We have started a new program to help diagnose and prevent osteoporosis. We have a new Chief Operating Officer, Rick Davis, who will join us in August. Rick, coming to us from Alaska Regional in Anchorage, brings with him more than a decade of hospital administration experience and a love of the Kenai Peninsula and its people.

CPH’s tradition of exceptional leadership at all levels makes it possible for CPH stay the course and even grow through times of transition. Strong leadership built the foundation on which this outstanding organization is based and strong leadership brings a commitment to continuously refining our processes to make them ever better in the best interest of our patients. The CPGH, Inc. Board ensures that even through transition, CPH will be the hospital you already depend on and that is a cornerstone of our wonderful community. We will also take great care in searching for and selecting new leaders, with the same focus on our mission, who will guide CPH into the future, ready to fulfill and exceed our region’s expectations.

fhallall
fhallall 07/30/11 - 10:38 am
procedures

So why does a Colonoscopy cost 4-5 times as much here than it does in Canada? Or Thailand, or Japan? Or anywhere else in the world?
Just wondering.

JOAT
JOAT 07/30/11 - 01:15 pm
Get a Passport...

And you can go to any country you want to get your medical procedures done. It's kinda like the difference between buying a high-quality item at a specialty store or buying the replica item at a Mart store. And you have the freedom to choose where to buy your products and services, so use it.

(There's a reason why Canadians cross the border and pay more to get medical care in our country)

k.winger
k.winger 07/31/11 - 04:03 pm
I like what's new at CPH

There was a time in the not so distant past that I would have been reluctant to put my life in the hands of our local hospital for most types of major surgeries. Sure, it was fine for minor emergencies and procedures, but serious health issues and major surgeries were better left to Anchorage hospitals.
Thank God those days are gone. I have personally seen a major growth in the quality of care at CPH. I recently had the misfortune of a second collapsed lung, after a lapse of over ten years since the previous one. My prognosis was poor if I didn't have the lung surgically repaired. Fortunately, CPH just acquired a new surgeon, Dr Jason Lattin from Oregon, less than a month before I was admitted. He couldn't have been more accurate in his diagnosis because less than six hours after my chest tube was removed, the lung collapsed again, so I had no choice but to go through with the surgery immediately. Fortunately for me, he brought with him the knowledge of a technique that had never been done at CPH although he had performed it fifteen or twenty times before in Portland but special instruments were needed for this minimally invasive procedure. He was able to arrange for the company's rep to deliver the instruments to him by the next day so that he could proceed with the Thoroscopy right away.
Apparently, we became the talk of the hospital because I was the first patient to benefit from this new and exciting remedy for this fairly common ailment. I am ever so grateful that Dr. Lattin and CPH made me feel like I was the most important patient in the hospital.

spwright 08/03/11 - 05:32 pm
Most Excellent Patient Care 8/2/11

Wed. 8/3/11
I also had a Fun filled Visit with the Central Peninsula Hospital
"Day Surgery" just yesterday.

What impressed me the Most, The Sincere & Quality Care I received from the Surgery Nurses & the Recovery Nurses.
Not once did they leave me alone & waiting for any extended time.
The Surgery Nurses were very patient w/ all of my [filtered word] Questions as I was awake during the surgery.
Dr. Ross was the Surgeon.

Medical Lesson learned from "The Day After Surgery"
Ice is uncomfortable, SWELLING HURTS !

& Yes We have a World Class Hospital in the Lil'
Alaskan town of "Slooooooooowdotna"

SPW "Airborne"

stuartw13
-10
stuartw13 01/20/12 - 10:30 pm
That is the right weblog for

That is the right weblog for anyone who needs to search out out about this topic. You understand a lot its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!
top golf courses in las vegas chondroblast