• Overcast, mist, light rain
    Overcast, mist, light rain

Advertisers giving Limbaugh what he deserves

Posted: March 13, 2012 - 8:15am

The denigration of both Sandra Fluke and the health and well being of women by Rush Limbaugh on his radio program was over the limit of atrociousness. His stated apology is about as sincere as Richard Nixon's "I am not a crook." The recent reports that the advertisers were canceling their support of his program made my day. In my opinion the perpetuation of ignorance and hatred should be stopped and he should lose his radio program. I applaud the advertisers that have pulled their advertising from his program.

bob99507
bob99507 03/13/12 - 11:06 pm
Ok

Where's your outrage with what Bill Mahar said about Sarah Palin?

Norseman 03/14/12 - 08:03 am
The power to control what may

The power to control what may or may not offend someone lies pretty much with the individual.

It didn't take me very long when limbaugh started out on radio to change the station on the radio. Once I heard bill mahar on hbo, I changed the channel. When someone like jerry spouts doomsday religion on every topic, I click ignore.

So as far as the media goes, you can choose who you are willing to listen to or not. Change the channel, find another station, read a different book, etc. In public, if someone offends my family, then we settle it the old fashion way.

They have been many hate/anger talk show hosts and sooner or later they lose their audiences due to their conduct.
It is just a matter of time.

luvak52
luvak52 03/15/12 - 10:13 pm
Rush was WRONG

First, thank you very much, Hugh, for your letter. I agree with you 100%. The man is a disgrace; always has been. No wonder he has been married 4 times. Today, his show was removed from Armed Services radio, which makes me very happy.

The first comment about Bill Maher. HUGE difference between an ordinary citizen speaking out on an issue and a public person running for office. Also, Bill Maher doesn't have advertisers; he is on HBO. It would help, too, if Limbaugh actually knew what he was talking about. He is a pig, in my opinion, and hates women. But like the second comment, I choose not to listen to Limbaugh, but I LOVE Bill Maher.

bob99507
bob99507 03/16/12 - 05:04 am
luvak52

What a load of BS.

Hugh R. Hays
Hugh R. Hays 03/16/12 - 02:09 pm
choosing respect for women

Good question, bob99507: Bill Maher is exhibiting the same kind of disrespect for women basic to Rush, David Axelrod and David Letterman but to a different degree. I recognize
disrespect for women because I was raised in it. Over the years I was blessed to have experiences that have changed my perceptions of women and to seeing the benefits of choosing new attitudes regarding women. I think the world will be a much better world when we learn to respect each other. I hope that I have responded to you in a way that is respectful to you.
Have a great day.
Hugh R. Hays

bob99507
bob99507 03/17/12 - 08:37 am
Hugh Hays

Thank you I agree with what you say 100%

Hugh R. Hays
Hugh R. Hays 03/17/12 - 04:06 pm
Norseman and luvak52

Good comments by both of you. Many times I consciously choose to turn some people off
and focus my efforts on people or places where I believe I can have an effect. If I don't believe
I can have any effect then I try not to waste my time or energy batting my head against the wall.
From your comments I suspect both of you understand how difficult it is to find a good balance
there. At least it is for me and sometimes I fail. Yesterday I offended a long time friend of mine
and am not sure what I will do to regain our friendship or even if I will be able too. At any rate
I hope you have a great day. Hugh

radiokenai
radiokenai 03/25/12 - 02:36 pm
Hughey Flewy
Unpublished

Or what about the crap that rachel maddows spews out? Or your liberal media? Let me guess...no comment...?