• Broken clouds
    Broken clouds

Officials’ oversight of hospital lacking

Posted: April 16, 2012 - 8:56am

Our hospital, a place of health and healing, suffers from a serious illness.

Ironically, the very people elected or appointed to keep the hospital healthy have failed to honestly look at the injuries, hoping that by ignoring the symptoms the problems will disappear.   Most of us will remember that about the time of Ray Southwell’s wrongful termination, the Hospital Service Area Board unanimously called for a management/operational audit by a professional outside agency, but the examination was refused by the Mayor and the Assembly. To keep him quiet, Southwell was told to leave.  Not long ago, to prevent the call for another much-needed audit, the Assembly moved to float the idea that the SAB members be appointed by the Mayor. The Clarion’s Sunday Editorial and its below-the-fold article about Ray Southwell’s selfless effort to blow the whistle on harmful management practices show that the people want oversight and answers. Rather than searching for answers, we’re seeing an effort by hospital management, the Assembly, and the Mayor to remove or hinder objective, courageous, and non-political people who watch over our hospital.

Saying that SAB appointments by the Assembly and Mayor would save money and time is nothing more than a feeble excuse to gain public support and silence constructive criticism while further covering up the problems. Whether by appointing a select board or by firing a whistleblower, it is an effort to avoid real transparency. I for one look forward to the NLRB trial on May 15. Perhaps a judge can do what neither the former CEO, the Mayor, or the Assembly have refused to do: To declare that the hospital’s ills are self-induced by people we trusted to keep it well.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/22/12 - 09:13 am

Long list. You prove my point. Your thinking demonstrates your 21st Century discriminatory behavior.

In the past, simple minded people placed all identical individuals (religion, skin tone, politics, ethnicity) in the same group. "Some Jews have money, all Jews are bad. Some black individual harm others, all blacks are bad. A Communist burned down Germany’s Federal building called the Reichstag, all Communists are bad. Mormons think differently than main-street Christians, Mormons are a cult."

The list is long.

You mention the Southern Poverty Law Center. I sued them once. What I learned is they can say anything without proving there printed information. There organization is about generating money and they do a great job of it. Again, you lap up what they put into print without documentation on the groups listed.

You ignore why the founders codified an existing right of gun ownership. James Madison was a strong Federalist. In his paper called Federalist 46, he assured Anti-federalists that any federal standing army could not defeat a well regulated militia of armed population. I won’t bore you with the entire Federalist 46 but here is the part that refers to, the final protection against federal tyranny.

During the debates on ratifying the Constitution, Patrick Henry expressed his concerns at the Virginia Convention in Richmond, in 1788. I believe Virginia was the largest State during the revolution. I have read William Wirt’s 1815 book “The Life and Character of Patrick Henry.” On page 195 of my 1841 edition Henry speaks, with clarity, on why the founders codified the existing right of the militia. He states-

"My great objection to this government is, that it does not leave us the means of defending our rights, or waging war against tyrants.”

It was this clear explanation on why we have the Second Amendment that caused me to establish what would become the Michigan Militia in 1994.

Do I advocate violence, NO. In fact, I have spent my entire life helping to save lives (43 years of healthcare experience) and am not sure I have it within me to ever take a human life.

I do understand street justice violence. When justice is removed from the equation, some people will seek another form of perceived justice. We see it on our big city streets. We see it on a daily bases when we pick up the newspaper. I believe it led to the murder suicide at CPH.

Return justice and the militia and random acts of violence will disappear. Instead we see our president usurp the Constitution and is supported by the spoon fed public like you.

The good news is, the politicians have been put on notice, through the Second Amendment. Thanks to the founders, who understood how all governmenst devolve into complete despotism. They codified the Second Amendment to provide, to the people, a way of “means of defending our rights, or waging war against tyrants.”

Never in the history of humanity has there been a population better armed than the American population.

Politicians understand, as the Declaration of Independence states- ". . .that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”

Government bread and circus continue for a time.

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/23/12 - 02:49 am
blah blah blah and blah "the

blah blah blah and blah

"the only thing that timothy did wrong was to get caught"

the psychotic and parasite.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/23/12 - 07:15 am
Oh you blah blah blaher

blah blah blah from who?
Surely there can't be two exact & identical people with the same style writing and info supplied and blah blah blahed while filled with hate for every one as leewaytoo & norseman continually display can there?
Just exactly who is who and is there really two of you?

Jeremiah 6:17

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/23/12 - 08:38 am
You may have something here.

You may have something here. All this time I kept thinking Lewaytooo was the old Hobbs writer. You know the one kicked off Clarion comment section.

It has been my experience when people run out of things to say they turn to ad hominen attacks.

Usually Lewaytooo does it more cleverly than he did this time. Same old responses from him.

I think he is from the government. Who else would go on and on and on with nothing to say.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/23/12 - 10:02 am
That would make who ever they

That would make who ever they are a Drone for the govt. or as usually called a TROLL on almost every blog.
As i have said if the Clarion would require names only to blog then we would know who is who and if your affraid for people to know who you are then don't say anything.
With the ability to find out anything on anybody now govt. people and others can access anything.

I just think that the blah blaher is one person using many addresses under many names to talk to them selves while saying nothing and stirring the pot.
I understand i also usually revert back to God and people's relationship to God in most of my posts, but every thing always does lead back to what we think of God which contributes to what we think of others.
It's the circle of life thingy and dumb people like me can see simple things like this as well as smell a rat when they see one.
Just saying if we had to use our real names which the clarion does check out by all that sign up to post opinions or letters then we would know who is who and if they are really one or two or more or a psychotic parasite wanting to cause trouble every where.

Jeremiah 6:17

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/23/12 - 10:53 am
Watchman on the Wall

James Madison used the name "Publius" in Federalist 46. I believe sometimes using a pen name is appropriate when you want the discussion on the issues presented in the argument.

I am sure some anti-federalists would have attacked Madison if they knew who wrote Federalist 46. So, it is important that the Clarion not force people to give their actual name, if the individual does not want to.

On the other hand Norseman and Lewaytooo are not using pen names to express ideas and disagreements but to attack the individual. Perhaps, I should have been using a pen name so we would have stayed on topic of the management style at CPH.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/23/12 - 09:57 pm
-Phocion-

Actually, Publius was the brain child of Alexander Hamilton and was used by all three authors of the Federalist (James Madison and John Jay in addition to Hamilton).
Major Anti-Federalist authors included Cato (likely George Clinton), Brutus (likely Robert Yates), Centinel (Samuel Bryan), and the Federal Farmer (either Melancton Smith, Richard Henry Lee, or Mercy Otis Warren). But Madison's Federalist 46, "The Influence of the State and Federal Governments Compared" lends credence to Norm Olson's testimony before the Senate and Senator Specter.
The point I have tried to make here concerning pseudonyms is similar to Ray's. As long as you are posing an educated fact or an opinion one should not need to verify or submit their own name when the information is supported. I choose to express my opinions and support those opinions with facts, not be malicious, and try to create educated discussion to cause thought and to inform in an adult manner. If I can do that, is my true name still required?
Furthermore, my right to publish an opinion without fear of reprisal, whether it be physical or a an ill affect on my business or an employers opinion of me is my right to freedom of expression. If one doesn't like what another posts, clearly they can ignore him/her and if they feel the ignored may have something intriguing posted (judging by subject), they can click "here" to read the post... or continue to ignore them. That's what I have done and continue to do with many posters here and I am sure there are those that choose to ignore me as well.
Annnndddd I'm off topic! Apologies!

-Phocion-

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/24/12 - 06:33 am
Kenai_Kid

Thank you for your historical information. If people choose to ignore you, it is either they agree with you or they cannot argue opposing views. By using your pen name they cannot attack you personally.

Isn’t it sad, in our culture, we must use pen names to stay on topic or to stay safe from retaliation.

We think we have advanced as a civilization, we have not. Man's nature never changes.

I am a fine example of the resulted retaliation for expressing my clear understanding of historical truth and reporting of Workplace Bullying.

I wish I could use a pseudonym.

normolson
normolson 04/24/12 - 02:02 pm
Domestic Extremist?

The individual without a name and without standing said:

". . .should have never hired a known domestic extremist period. . ."

DOMESTIC EXTREMIST? Where'd that come from? The man with no name and no standing used to call me a domestic terrorist, now I'm a domestic extremist. Curious, isn't it.

Do you suppose someone from the Clarion slapped his wrist and said "naughty, naughty..mustn't call people names"?

Domestic extremist? I thought a domestic extremist was a person who was a fanatic about housecleaning.

What next.

BTW, if the Clarion is telling the man with no name what NOT to say, do you suppose someone is coaching him on WHAT to say?

Watchman on the Wall is probably correct. The attention given by the man with no name to Ray's political views are meant to be a distraction from the real issues of what led Joseph Marchetti to murder and the prevailing atmosphere of harrassment, bullying, and threats by CPH management toward it's employees.

normolson
normolson 04/24/12 - 02:20 pm
The man with no name or

The man with no name or standing said, ". . .your imaginary friends are just that, figments of your imagination."

Funny, isn't it? Let's see if our friends are just figments of imagination.

The man with no name lists the imaginary friends:
ALASKA (17)
Oath Keepers, Statewide
The Republic for the united States of America, Statewide
The Republic for the united States of America — Republic Congress, Statewide
Second Amendment Task Force, Fairbanks
South Central Militia*, Wasilla
We the People, Homer

Yes, they're all just imaginary...

ya, sure. . .

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/25/12 - 04:02 am
39 of 45 northern michigan

39 of 45 northern michigan militia members

refuse to post their real names or photos, on

their own web site.

and the kettle called the pot ????

none of you are "on topic".

just more blah from the parasite and the psychotic.

"the only thing that timothy did wrong was to get caught".
the psychotic

and as their days come to their dark end
the world shrinks to the point of endless
blahging by the pointless psychotic and parasite.

hurry up already

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/25/12 - 05:43 am
Lewaytooo

You are correct

Can you help get us back on topic? I think not, you have nothing to say. What was the original topic?

BTW-many militia members fear their government. Isn’t that the reason, gun sales are through the roof?

What is that saying about fearing government and tyranny?

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/25/12 - 08:52 am
Jefferson and Tyranny

Ry the saying to which you refer is of Jefferson.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

With a follow up to the above five months later:
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

Wondering further off topic here.
Lewaytooo, I don't believe any of the individuals currently or formerly in the Northern Michigan Neighborhood Militia that were on their site have posted any malicious comments or personal attacks on this blog without at the very least posting their name. I think this would be the difference between the pot and the kettle. Now one must stop and ask: "which am I? The pot or the kettle?"

Although the question of this article may appear to be one of right or wrong, it is, in my mind, a of the individuals right to challenge his/her employer through the legal system provided by government ... the very foundation of right and wrong. Ray will have his day as he is entitled and a decision will be made based on facts supported by testimony and evidence. Whether he is proven correct in his charge or not is less a topic here than that of his courage and right to stand up for what he believes to be a wrongful termination.

MGIVABL

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/25/12 - 12:00 pm
"Neighborhood" too funny, i

"Neighborhood"

too funny, i left that word out on purpose..
just the knowing of that word is an exposure.

"the only thing that timothy did wrong was to get caught".
the psychotic

children murdered
women murdered
men murdered

and the psychotic and the parasite
blah blah blah into that black hole of their heartless beings.

kenai_kid
kenai_kid 04/25/12 - 02:42 pm
Pot or Kettle

But Leewaytoo, you still fail to address the pot and the kettle. You said that 35 of 49 didn't post a picture or a name on the website ... none (that I am aware of) have posted malicious or insulting statements on this blog as you have. The two from the militia that have posted on this blog use their names and you do not.
Although Ray Southwell and Norm Olson were in the Michigan Militia and Norm Olson was a founder, that has little if any bearing on this story. You address the past, but not the current. Again, I don't believe it is so much about Ray's particular case, but that he is exercising his right to state his case in front of a judging authority.
IF, there were a case against Mr Olson or Mr Southwell concerning their involvement in illegal activity associated with the militia, it has either a) been dismissed b) been tried in a court of law or c) they were tried convicted and served their time. So, the past really has no bearing on the current.
The case Mr Southwell brings is one of illegal discharge, not of any militia activity. If his past activities not related to current affairs were admissable ... well ... we'd all have skeletons to hide.
As for Tim McVay, I believe what he did was wrong, ruthless and horrific. I also know that my opinions on many things may vary and will from time to time differ from others. However, the actions of Tim McVay have nothing to do with a case against CPGH.
Again, I am not defending Ray Southwell in his case against CPGH. I will, however, defend his right to have his case heard and have a verdict handed down by a court of law and not a court of public opinion.e has had the courage to stand his ground where others would cower. For that I commend him! His beliefs and opinions not related to his case are his and have little if any bearing on the proceedings he brings.
MGIVABL

normolson
normolson 04/25/12 - 08:21 pm
Irrelevance and impotence

There's really not much difference between irrelevance and impotency. A psychological profile of Mr. L would probably reveal that is an antisocial little man who derives some twisted pleasure from attempting to make his voice heard with irrevelant gibberish. He probably lives alone and shuffles himself to the market once in a while. No one cares to chat with him because of his shallow intellect. One might wonder in what other ways he is frustrated. Certainly he is limited to what others have said and rarely thinks for himself. He'll quote whatever has been written or said in an effort to get a rise from others, but really no one cares because they've heard it for ever so long. He's a shadow dweller.

I actually feel sorry for him. No one here takes him seriously and no one really cares to listen to his constant efforts to gain some attention. He just goes on and on without saying anything. I would liken him to a dripping faucet.

I hope he seeks some professional help before he over compensates and does something really stupid to gain people's attention.

He could be a threat to others as have those who are avoided, rejected, and forced to seclude oneself. I perceive that there is an underlying anger and frustration that he has a hard time controlling.

He will never amount to much, this pitiful little man.

He has said, in a cryptic veiled threat:
". . .and as their days come to their dark end
the world shrinks to the point of endless
blahging by the pointless psychotic and parasite."

Our days are coming to a dark end? Will the little man do something foolish?

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 04/25/12 - 09:14 pm
Speaking of shadows we went

Speaking of shadows we went over Psalms 11; tonight at church meeting on how the enemies of the righteous lay in wait & shoot arrows ate the righteous to try & destroy them when thge law & rule of law breaks down & evil dominates society, for now that is. But God says that he will pay them back, so all's well that ends well, for the rightious that is.

Jeremiah 6:17

leewaytooo
leewaytooo 04/26/12 - 04:36 am
and the psychotic blah blah

and the psychotic blah blah blah's its self to
nowhere.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/28/12 - 08:00 am
Lewaytoooo

Lets mend our differences and start anew.

Its my birthday. Will you wish me a happy birthday?

How about you Norseman?

Norseman 04/28/12 - 07:01 pm
I have no ill will towards

I have no ill will towards you as a person Ray. It is strictly that our attitudes, feelings, and behavior towards each of our own defintions of patriotism are polar opposites.

Have a Happy Birthday.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 04/28/12 - 08:26 pm

I agree and Thank You.

What I do not understand is why my concerns of the hospital management always evolve to the differences in our definitions of patriotism.