There’s a reason for the 2nd Amendment

Posted: May 29, 2012 - 7:15am

Many of you keep weapons and have planned your response if a crack-high zombie goon, a murderous bear, or a thief threatens. Your threat to retaliate, having the means to do so provides safety, at least from those who are smart enough to know you will shoot. Even radio ads here in Alaska warn that homeowners are armed. The threat alone keeps the bad guys at bay.

But why are some people wrong to be just as afraid of agents from a government who they perceive are coming for them, their property or their children? "That's irrational fear," you say, but consider America in the 1770s when guns and the threat of using them stood alone against the tyrannical Crown government; and, when on April 19, 1775, a demonstration of that determination was witnessed for all the world to see and ponder. In different times and places in history, the gun symbolized the unspoken understanding that "if you aggress against me, you will die." For that very reason, the Gadsden Flag is emblazoned with a rattle snake rather than a lamb.

We can debate what a genuine threat might be, but does it matter? Shall we say there is no need to fear, regardless of the nature of the threat? Or, shall we just hope that someone else will stop the goons, bears, thieves, mad dogs, or even agents of a tyrannical government bent on destroying our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness? Shall we try to negotiate with a marauding bear or a mad dog? I reckon not!

It appears that the central government would have us disarmed if they could, thinking it would promote its continuing consolidation of power. Barring that, the central government doesn't want us talking about defending ourselves against it. The Founding Fathers did more than talk. They declared that natural law requires free people bear arms to defend themselves and to organize themselves, logically to make the necessary plans to do so. If the Founders had no concern the federal government could grow tyrannical there would have been no reason to make the 2nd Amendment imperative. You may say that the central government cannot stop you from planning or thinking how to defend yourself against it, but they need not do that. All that is necessary is to convince you that their agents are no threat at all and that they are really there to help you.

Carver 05/29/12 - 08:55 am
Lala land . . . ?

". . shall we just hope that someone else will stop the . . agents of a tyrannical government bent on destroying our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness?"
*********************

In what country do you live, Norm? Chechnya? Syria? Georgia? Do tell . . . certainly not the United States of America!

What liberties have you had threatened and destroyed? How has your pursuit of happiness been hindered by "agents of a tyrannical government"?

Here we are, just having celebrated Memorial Day honoring all the men and women who have served and sacrificed and fought and bled and died to make and keep this nation the freest that human social order has ever seen on the face of the earth, and this is the best you got?

Norseman 05/29/12 - 10:17 am
Norm and ray were both booted

Norm and ray were both booted out of the michigan militia for being TOO EXTREME, even for them.

Thankfully the FBI and Homeland Security keep tabs on these yahoos. Their good friend Cox from the Fairbanks militia is learning just what happens when you make hitlists on judges, TSA, and law enforcement.

Just like the passengers on flight 93, we all need to let extremists know that we will no longer tolerate threats from them whether they are foreign or domestic.

I applaud, honor, and respect our men and women who serve to protect this great nation from terrorists, both foreign and domestic.

normolson
normolson 05/29/12 - 04:04 pm
Concealed Truth?

Carver, you need not remind me about memorial day. I spent more than twenty years in the military. I grieve that nearly 100,000 of America's best have been squandered from the Korean War on for the ambitions of power brokers who are the puppeteers of the global corporatism.
Abuses of power from the central government? Let's start with the wars. Then you may also visit the ACLUs website at:

Closer to home, visit www.copwatch.com Consider also the IRS and the 50+ other unconstitutional federal agencies that are empowered to use lethal force against the citizens.

If you are not convinced that the power-hungry central government is growing and becoming more dangerous with each day, you are living in another reality.

Again, if the Founders felt that there would be no danger of the central government becoming tyrannical, they would not have added and made imperative the 2nd Amendment.

Carver 05/29/12 - 05:10 pm
Answer the question . . .

Don't play dodgeball, Norm, and no one needs vague references to "power brokers." "global corporatism" and such. Skip the black helicopters, the conspiracy theories, and the jack-boots. Just answer my questions:

Be specific, Norm, skip all the malarkey about founding fathers, squandered lives, power-hungry central governments and other products of your way of seeing things. Just answer my questions:

akmscott
akmscott 05/29/12 - 06:34 pm
Agree 100% Norm.Good to hear

Agree 100% Norm.Good to hear some one speak the truth for a change.

normolson
normolson 05/29/12 - 07:41 pm
Subjective Truth?

If you'll re-read the letter, I am not ranting over liberties and freedoms that I have lost. Nothing in the letter even suggests that.
The subject is fear of things that endanger all rational people. From that I explain the normal behavior of rational people to prepare for things that they feel are a danger TO THEM, beit bears, spiders, bad people, whatever.
From that I reflect that even the central government can and has become a threat to many people and ask if these people have a healthy fear or an irrational fear.
Then, based on this normal reaction to fear, I recall the Founders who accepted that our own government can become tyrannical and fearful to people.
Finally, I mention the 2nd Amendment and the necessity to form militia who singular purpose is to plan to resist and repel tyrannical government.
According to the SPLC, there are more than 1000 militia groups and many others who are and HAVE planned to protect themselves should they be attacked by those they fear.
I thought you might have understood the letter, but perhaps not. (you'll notice that one responder so far agrees 100% with what I wrote.)
The point is that the letter is not about me or about my ranting. It is about many Americans who have seen the central government become tyrannical and dangerous to them.

Carver 05/30/12 - 04:56 am
Living in fear . . . of what?

*********************

Your words, Norm, not mine. Please answer my questions:

You are welcome to your fears, your black helicopters, your conspiracy theories, your jack-booted goons, and all the rest. Whether or not living one's life indulging such fears is rational is a whole 'nother question.

As for 1000 militia groups, sorry, my Internet search couldn't confirm that figure . . the best I could find is an estimate of 40,000 to 60,000 militia members nationwide, which proves nothing. How many people do you reckon believe in UFOs? How many people believe in ghosts?

You say above:

". . the central government . . has become a threat to many people . ."

Really? Who might these people be? You? What kind of threat has the central government become to these people. To you?

Once more, this is my third request, please answer my questions:

Norseman 05/30/12 - 06:31 am
This is what happens when

This is what happens when whackjobs preach hate and discontent to their sheeple.

November 1, 2011
Four members of an unnamed North Georgia militia are arrested in an alleged plot to bomb federal buildings, attack cities including Atlanta with deadly ricin, and murder law enforcement officials. The men – Frederick Thomas, 73, Samuel J. Crump, 68, Dan Roberts, 67, and Ray H. Adams, 65 – allegedly discussed dispersing ricin powder in a series of cities, "taking out" a list of officials to "make the country right again," and scouting buildings in Atlanta to bomb. Authorities say the plot was inspired by an online novel, Absolved, written by longtime Alabama militiaman Mike Vanderboegh. Thomas, the accused ringleader, and Roberts plead guilty in April 2012 to charges of conspiring to possess explosives and firearms.

Carver 05/30/12 - 07:37 am
Good point . . .

Good point, Norseman, to tell the truth, I'm more leery of these militia groups than I am of some imaginary "tyrannical" government lurking in the shadows. This ain't Syria and this ain't North Korea.

And speaking of lurking in the shadows, if these militia types want to be taken seriously, let them come out of the bushes and make themselves known . . march in the Progress Days parade for example. Set up a booth at the Kenai River Festival . . let us see who they are.

Instead of spouting hate and fear and anger, let them do some good in the community . . volunteer at the hospital or our nursing home . . lots of ways to exhibit a positive image if it's really there.

In the meantime: http://www.alaska.net/~cadrecc/index.html

"The militia is driven by other elements that have no bearing on what form of networking we employ. FEAR drives the militia. Not duty, Not vision, Not even Love.

"FEAR of tyranny and oppression fuels the militia. FEAR of losing your life or your freedom drives the militia. FEAR of the fed hammering on your door at 0300 hrs drives the militia. FEAR of the fed confiscating your bank account and threatening your with poverty fuels the militia. Not until the federals or the state move AGAINST the militia will the militia be invigorated and stimulated. " —Norm Olson, from the link posted above.

spwright 05/30/12 - 07:46 am
Useful Purpose

When Mr Cox & His Merry Band of Men are found Guilty.
Instead of wasting Time & Space & $$ for a Prison Cell.

Put these Convicts to Good Use in Afghanistan.

They should be made to march in front of the Military Vehicles
with Mine Detectors & actually SAVE American Lives.

When things go Boom ! Oh Well next !
Those that remain will become much much better at locating the I E Ds

Sounds like a Positive Useful Purpose to me.

SPW

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/30/12 - 02:50 pm
Speaking of whack jobs

Speaking of whack jobs and sheeple one could include those that think the Govt. really cares about it's citizens to insure Freedom for all. One could also include those that have been brain washed by the Govt. into thinking that the govt. is the only one to be trusted and only those exmilitary or present military or obediant citizens should be listened to and stand against others that can see the truth of reality which HISTORY SHOUTS AND WARNS US TO BE WATCHFUL FOR GOVTS. & IT'S DESIRE TO CONTROL ABSOLUTELY.
When govts. plant evidence against others in order to accuse them of anti govt. actions then we have a problem with the Govt. not the people, all of which is now in FULL effect nation wide as well as globally.
When the govt. plants evidence to make the protesters look like terrorists then we have a problem with Govt. and it's a sure sign that their DESIRE FOR TOTAL CONTROL IS VERY CLOSE. As i have said from day 1 of the Obamanation of Desolations term as OUR Chosen One that he would usher America into a Civil war or Revolution in order to do away with OUR Constitution and we are not far off from that day.
When reality happens it's not a conspiracy any more, now is it? It's not hard to see just who one will trust when the crap does hit the fan & America is ingulfed in that coming Civil war or Revolution that has been planned by all of the past few Presidents, as in Carter, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr and their cousin Obama as well as many before them.
Some of us try to warn others of the coming Storm for Global control while others, as seen above try to discredit the warnings as whacko conspiracy nut cases. We have forgotten what OUR Fore Fathers warned us would happen if we allowed foriegn bankers to control OUR currancy and national debt or do away with OUR Constitutional Freedoms as a SOVERIGN NATION. They warned us that we would wake up one day in OUR homes which no longer belong to us but to the Bankers who control every thing world wide.
Looks like OUR Fore Fathers might have also known & believed what God said would come about at the End of Days in Revelation 13 about that coming One World Order and absolute control of EVERY THING & EVERY ONE.
So who will you listen too, those that warn of coming troubles some day soon, or those that are part of those that desire to control others and want to discredit the simple warning signs that every one can see if they would only look.
Who will you put your trust in is another question that every one must answer with eternal consiquences for your choice, those that warn you of a way of escape or those that try & deceive you about reality of a Global Union with absolute control.
I'll listen to Norm Olson & what My Bible says thank you, i'm not in the militia, but i am in the LORDS Army and will fight against Evil & it's Universal spreading of death & distruction against Freedom of Religion which is actually the ONLY fight there is when one really considers what all the world is fighting for.

Revelation 13

Raoulduke
Raoulduke 05/30/12 - 12:13 pm
Recycled overtures

Have they started paying taxes again? The same old ,very old rhetoric.If these people care to live in a paranoid state .That is their choice,but to advance their cause-if their be a known cause.Through the firing of someone for what ever reason,and makes FRONT page news.Boggles the mind. That person is no better,and deserves no more attention given to anyone else .Who is dismissed from employment.Go get another job! This is no more than crying over spilled milk.

Carver 05/30/12 - 01:52 pm
??

. . whack jobs and sheeple . . that think . . only . . exmilitary . . should be listened to . .

I'll listen to Norm Olson & what My Bible says . . .
*****************

Ummmmmmm . . . . isn't Olson ex-military?

As for the Bible:

"I have NO TIME FOR CHRISTIANS who are hiding under the old idea that we are to 'Love our enemies'.... Jesus said, 'Love YOUR enemies....' He never said that we are to love HIS enemies." —Olson

"To quote Scripture, 'If possible live at peace with all men.' to that I add, '. . .and if not, load with the largest caliber you can.'" —Olson

normolson
normolson 05/30/12 - 02:13 pm
Objective Truth!

It doesn't matter WHAT people are frightened of, it matters only that they ARE frightened. The Founders knew that the central government would not remain within its checks and balances or be governed by the constrictions of the Constitution. They warned that the republic would one day devolve into a democracy where the rule of law was set aside for the "benefit of the masses." They were students of world history and had seen the collapse of many societies and various forms of government. What they established was unique, but fragile.
It was because of the nature of man, his "self-interest" that they included the final check to provide WE THE PEOPLE the codified expression of the most natural law itself: that of self-preseveration and the right to keep and bear arms to secure it. The government, which they had wrought, may be itself the real threat.
Carver, your scope of attention to what I have tried to convey has narrowed on me alone. I am not important, but the promotion of liberty and the security of my fellow Americans is. If it were about MY losses of liberty, I would stand shameful to think that I am more important than my fellow countrymen. No, for that very reason I use my own name in blogging (rather than to hide behind phony balony covers), I stand FOR OTHERS unafraid, promoting liberty and calling for people to arm and defend and plan how to secure liberty for themselves.
And, I might also add that it is unfortunate that you have also resorted to ad hominem name calling as has others who have exhausted their ability to speak historically to the issue of the 2nd Amendment and the need for militia today.

Carver 05/30/12 - 02:23 pm
Fourth request . . .

Norm, you can play dodge-ball with my questions till the cows come home by changing the subject, making accusations, and running the discussion off onto rabbit trails. This is now the fourth time I've asked you:

What's unfortunate is your continued refusal to answer. Can you answer? Or are you just blowing smoke?

normolson
normolson 05/30/12 - 02:29 pm
patriot and militia groups in the US?

According to those who tally such things, there were 824 groups in 2010... How many more today? If I can help establish even one, in order to prepare to defend against the tyranny of the central government, and to prepare for the collapse of our economy and the anarchy and violence that will result, and then to survive through it, AND to help re-establish a just and lawful society on the other side, then I will have done my job.
It has been my pleasure over the last 20 years, with the help of others to establish the Michigan Militia and from that to establish and help dozens of other groups form. It has also been my pleasure to encourage, advise, train, equip, and inform countless patriots across the land.

Unlike others who hide behind phony names, afraid to stand out in the open, but rather snipe from the shadows, I will use my name as I have for nearly two decades.

google: Norm Olson Militia

You see, I do believe in what I stand for and what I say. No cloaks, no shadows, no games.

I would relish an objective debate on the merits of the constitutional militia and its need, but all I get are sniper shots from phantoms who remain anonymous.

And yes, I am ex-military (20+years).

normolson
normolson 05/30/12 - 02:35 pm
Have you listened?

Carver,
Did you hear anything I said. I am not the issue. Whether I have lost liberties or not is not the issue. Whether I am suffering now over the loss of freedoms is not the issue.

Why don't you research what the central government has done to other people in the country? Who speaks for them? I gave you a list of the 10 violations of civil liberties already, FROM THE ACLU of all places! You want more?
Research it for yourself, man!

I don't really care about what I have lost or suffered. I got over that long ago when I took the oath to defend the constitution against all enemies BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.

Ah, but you already know the drill. I think what troubles you more than anything is that I don't really care about myself, but yet I will not be silent, standing for and defending others.

There are many frightened people out there, Carver. Those are the ones I am trying to encourage.

Carver 05/30/12 - 02:54 pm
Fifth request . . .

Just answer my questions, Norm, and this is now the fifth time I've asked:

Can you answer, or are you just blowing smoke? You're very vocal about the world you live in: the conspiracies, the downtrodden masses, dirty politicians, dirty judges, black helicopters, jack-booted thugs, government oppression, and all the rest. Is it real, or is it fantasy?

Five times now . . . please answer . .

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 05/30/12 - 03:15 pm
So who is who & are you two?

Norm i think you might be talking to, arguing with the same person again with differant names so someone will agree with himself against the Truths of which you are warning people of concerning OUR near future Globally.
I could be wrong but just wondering out loud with the style & words typed thingy again from this one, or maybe two or three in One.
Norm realize that some are ment for distruction due to their desire to HAVE IT THERE WAY instead of Gods way and all the talk in the world will not help rescue them from their destiny or that of those they follow down that road. This should also help others realize the fight thats being waged is a fight between Good & Evil with mankind in the middle of this battle until the LORD says Enough is Enough & does his own butt kicking at his Second coming against all that apposed & Rejected his Grace, but instead desired his Wrath.

Grace or Wrath each must decide.

Carver 05/30/12 - 03:16 pm
No sock puppet . . .

"Norm i think you might be talking to, arguing with the same person again with differant names . . ."
********************

Nope, no sock puppet here, just an average Joe hoping Norm will answer a couple questions* and personally validate for us the fearful world in which he lives.

And, nope, conspiracy theories aren't the answer this time either . . ;-)

*"What liberties have you had threatened and destroyed? How has your pursuit of happiness been hindered by 'agents of a tyrannical government'?"

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 05/31/12 - 07:52 am

Carver ,
Here is a previous post of mine

This excerpt is from the Washington Post;
“Justice Department officials have known for years that flawed forensic work have led to convictions of potentially innocent people. . .”

While much of the media attention is focused on international terrorism, the FBI continues to maintain a robust effort using domestic terrorism behavior against its citizens.

There domestic terrorism movement continues to remain active and the ends justifies the means is there focus, within this domestic extremist group.“the FBI lab was producing unreliable forensic evidence in court trials.”

1998-Frederic Whitehurst. A Ph.D. FBI Chemist, becomes a whistle-blower about the thousands of flawed processes at the FBI Crime Lab. He is suspended for telling the truth.

2001 Timothy McVeigh lead attorney Stephen Jones published a book “Others Unknown.” It is titled on the original indictment concerning “others unknown.” FBI reports the case is closed.

March 17,2003- “The Justice Department has identified about 3,000 criminal cases that could have been affected by flawed science and skewed testimony at the FBI laboratory before 1997.”

March 15,2012- “A special prosecutor this morning released his 500-plus page examination of the collapse of the Ted Stevens public corruption case in Washington.” Another effective domestic extremist activity. If this can happen to a US sitting Senator, the little guy beware of this domestic extremist activity.

On March 27, 2012- “Judge Victoria A. Roberts of Federal District Court dismissed all charges against five members of the Hutaree militia, who the authorities claimed had plotted to kill a police officer and then ambush those who attended the funeral.” The accused spent two years in jail.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 05/31/12 - 07:55 am
Carver Continued

Do you remember how it was before the Banking collapse of 2007-2008 after being “too big to fail?” Those banks, with the blessing of our government, are bigger today than 2008 and they continue the same banking practices.

True banking reform with the return of Glass-Steagall has been introduced in the US House with HR1489. Does not have a chance to pass and our president ignores it.

The bubble is larger than 2007 and the fall will be greater. Do you understand Glass-Steagall act of 1933. Do you understand the Free market is not attainable. Do you understand our fiat currency, the dollar, is not indestructible. Do you understand the threats from Russia and China if we attack Syria or Iran?

Open your eyes look around the world. Do you know what Nations, in Europe, are referred to with the Acronym of “PIIGS” countries? Get past your “normalcy bias” and understand the USA in not economically indestructible. We the people, have allowed government to practice unsound economic policies. There is an old idea of reaping what we have sown.

Thanks for your question.

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 05/31/12 - 08:17 am
another thing Carver

I was assaulted by Homeland Security in 2007.

Handcuffed and held in a concrete cell for hours. I contacted everyone to expose what had happened to me. Only Senator Lisa Murkowski helped. After months of an internal investigation of homeland security they told Senator Murkowski’s office the case was closed. Interesting thing was they never contacted me, my wife ,my two adult sons or my daughter-in-law who were with me at the time. I think Alaska State Rep. Sharon Cissna understands what is happening here in the USA. Do you remember her?

In State Court, there is a double standard (concerning banks) than the standard held to for actual living human beings. I have been there, I see how it works. Banks produce affidavits signed without the statement “under penalty of perjury." They call it “Robo-Signing.” People must have this statement in all of their affidavits filed in a court. Why the double standard?

Our Constitution calls for “due process” before taking “Life, liberty or Property.” Our president executed a US citizen and his 16 year old son without due process. Innocent until proven guilty is gone in the USA.

Also check with the IRS. They ignore the Constitution and you are guilty until proven innocent. I know, because I have taken the IRS to Tax Court and will be having a trial in Anchorage on the 18th of next month, again.

Regarding the First and Second Amendment. A few weeks ago, the attorney representing CPH stated , in Court, that employees fear me, because of my understanding of the Second Amendment and exercising my First Amendment speech. So, if the judge rules in my favor (regarding my illegal firing from CPH) there will be a re-in-statement hearing where the hospital will bring up my speech and understanding of the first and Second Amendments.

Concerning your conspiracy theory of black helicopters. Please show me where Norm or I ever spoke about black helicopters. If you want to talk about conspiracy theories, look at President Kennedy’s assassination.

Carver 05/31/12 - 09:24 am
You gotta be kidding, Ray . . .

Wrongful convictions? Wall Street greed? Who knew?

I've asked Norm five times now with no answer, so now let me ask you, Ray:

I'm not talking about economic theory, what-might-happen, sky-is-falling, doom-and-gloom possibilities, yadda, yadda. I'm asking you and Norm, personally, in your day-to-day lives:

If you were detained by Homeland Security, did they have probably cause, or did they just pick you out of the blue for such treatment? Or was Homeland Security perhaps aware of your connections to the militia movement, which, by the way, isn't showing much of a positive image here in Alaska right now, is it? My guess is that you somehow triggered Homeland Security's interest. Ever flown to Israel?

You guys have your own way of perceiving reality, Ray, and perception is reality. No one's going to change your minds . . the best that can be hoped for is that as few people as possible buy into your apocalypse-now, messianic-complex version of life. You guys are free to move here from Michigan, to run around in the woods shooting guns, to dress up like military, and to express your views in the newspapers. What more do you want?

Carver 05/31/12 - 08:59 am
And another thing, Ray . . .

You know, Ray, everyone's familiar with your long and woeful litany of social evils . . we all watch Dateline, Nova, and Frontline. Stuff happens . . always has.

So what do you people think you're going to do about it? All 50,000 or so of you militia-types scattered across the country?

Saw an interesting segment on last night's news . . there are about 50,000 or so Roman Catholic nuns in the US . . about as many nuns as there are militia-types.

Who do you reckon is doing the most good? You guys or the nuns?

"For not with swords loud clashing,
nor roll of stirring drums;
with deeds of love and mercy
the heavenly kingdom comes. "

—old Christian hymn

RaySouthwell
RaySouthwell 05/31/12 - 09:30 am

Carver ,

State Court-Citibank used Robo-Signed affidavit-judgment against me.

Handcuffed by homeland security in 2007.
Innocent until proven guilty eliminated in the USA- IRS states you owe-pay up or take them to Court. June 18th will be my fourth appearance.

Execution of US citizens without due process.

Express your “Free Speech” and clarity of the Second Amendment-lose your job-Happened to me October 18, 2010.

I bet you believe Ted Stevens must have been guilty of something or the prosecutors would not have cheated on his conviction. I bet you believe those 3000 other federal convictions must be guilty of something or FBI would not have cheated.

I bet you believe I must be guilty of something or the FBI would not be monitoring me.

I bet you believe I must be guilty of something, or Homeland Security would not have locked me up for hours.

I bet you believe State Rep Cissna, must be guilty of something, for her refusal of "invasive, probing hands of a stranger"

I once heard about a doctor urinating in a cup during surgery and injecting it into a patient. I bet you believe all doctors must be doing the same.

Guns sales are through the roof. Those 50,000 militia you speak about are just the tip of the iceberg. Most in the Constitutional militias are not outspoken and are attempting to stay below governments radar. They see what happens if you talk about the Second Amendment, publicly.

I would suggest you turn off your TV and read some books and newspapers from around the world. Try to find some uncensored news.

Norseman 05/31/12 - 09:57 am
You are right Carver, you

What will be tragic is that loudmouths who spew domestic extremist dogma, will dribble down to someone who is not in touch with reality, and they will park a van loaded with explosives next to a fed building, or fly planes into buildings, or write up execution lists of government officials, all the while thinking they are somehow patriotic in the killing of innocent AMERICAN citizens.

Thankfully, TSA, Homeland Security, FBI, State Troopers, are all keeping a very close eye on militia and it's members.
True patriotic Americans appreciate that fact.

We as American citizens do not need whackjob militia like cox arming themselves with land mines, grenades, rocket launchers, and machine guns. Code word was 241.........
Messed up is all I can say.

Carver 05/31/12 - 10:16 am
Agreed . . .

"You are right Carver, you cannot ever hope of getting through to a militia member."
*******************

Not even interested in trying, Norseman. These guys have long ago figured out the world from their point of view, have reacted to it as they see best, and are not interested in changing. They have it all figured out, and anyone who doesn't see it their way is deluded/dupes/pawns/etc. take your pick. Moreover, they've heard all the arguments and then some presented here against their doom-and-gloom, messianic-complex, apocalypse-now worldview. They have counter-spin for everything.

Moreover, their world will always and unavoidably appeal to some few. The best that can be hoped for is to try to show their point of view for what it is—a self-imposed, simplistic, and unrealistic view of life. Any "gospel" that can pervert Christ's command to love one's neighbor into an excuse for hate and holy war needs to be shown for what it is.

Not pretty, not pretty at all . . . :-(

Carver 05/31/12 - 11:12 am
RAY . . .

"Carver, I am sorry for not making myself clear, probably to lengthy explanation from me. It appears you have difficulty reading my entire posts."
*******************

No apology needed, Ray, I understand you perfectly.

Trust me on this, I do . . . And I did read your entire post . . that I didn't respond simply means that I didn't think it worth my time or effort.

And, please, don't try to talk down to me and to others who disagree with you. . it's unbecoming and makes your case look even weaker than it is.

Norseman 05/31/12 - 04:56 pm
Lets not forget who

Lets not forget who introduced Cox at the Soldotna Sports Center a couple of years ago. You can research it on the Clarion site.

As the saying goes, "lay with the dogs, you catch the fleas."

ANCHORAGE, Alaska— Jurors heard recorded conversations Tuesday during the federal trial of Fairbanks militia leader Schaeffer Cox, in which he details a plan to kill two government agents for every person on his side who is killed.

The recordings of the "241" plan were made by an FBI informant who infiltrated Cox's Alaska Peacemakers Militia.

The informant, Gerald "J.R." Olson, is testifying Tuesday in the 10th day of the federal trial of Cox and two others charged with plotting to kill judges, troopers and other government employees. The three, who were arrested in March 2011, also face weapons charges.

Two days before he was a no-show at his state weapons misconduct trial, Cox is taped saying that two court officials needed to "dangle together like a wind chime."