Election a sign of a bright future

Posted: November 8, 2012 - 4:12pm  |  Updated: November 9, 2012 - 9:41am

We keep moving toward a more inclusive, a more just, a more equitable, a more beautiful, a more knowledgeable and a more appreciative human race. What we have seen in the last few days makes me very optimistic for our future.

Young people have stood up and expressed themselves as more politically knowledgeable and more politically involved than we have ever seen before. As evidence I cite the mock elections that have been carried out nationally in our high schools and the results of their votes. More community service is being emphasized in our schools. My prediction for the future is we will have more and better prepared candidates to represent us than we do now. In return the knowledge, energy and wisdom of youth will be more appreciated than ever and young people will get a fairer slice of the benefits. I say more power to them, their parents and their teachers.

Adult voters have for the first time re-elected our first incumbent African-American President, Barack Obama, in spite of our high unemployment rate and other disappointments. The fact that a majority of Americans made this decision and came out to the polls in the greatest numbers, the longest lines, taking hours some times and voted for President Obama tells me that the majority of American voters were listening and got the message of just how important this election is for our future. Thank you.

KenaiKardinal88
KenaiKardinal88 11/18/12 - 05:39 am
Obama destructive to the American Dream

Alaska's only insurance against being destroyed by Obama and liberal Democrats like Begich, is a strong Republican Legislature and Governor.

Seafarer
Seafarer 11/22/12 - 02:52 pm
The Bigot Peninsula

When you people think Watchman is saying something relevent, I fear for more than my country. I fear for my state and neighborhood! You people are out of your minds!

In my 59 years in Alaska I have never seen bigotry so out in front. The hatred is palpable. Your parents and their parents brought you to now...hatred and bigotry. Why not end it with your kids generation? America is not the melting pot of different shades of white. Please ask your kids to embrace the New America; not the fat, old, white men that previously ran our country. They are dinosaurs and on their way out. How's it feel to lose power, you cigar-smoking, kings of industry? In reply, they withhold jobs. Who do you want to LEAD this country. Or, who do you want to RULE this country? Do you want to be a serf or a free person? The choice is up to you.

radiokenai
radiokenai 12/01/12 - 08:52 am
Hugh Hayes
Unpublished

I think you need a Pee Test! Maybe disconnect from the bong and take an HONEST look at the Generation of folks who voted for your obama! I know, I have one of them too, this generation (always different from the last) is about ENTITLEMENTS and GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS! Obama knows this, that is why he set up obamacare to take action in 2014. He promised the lazy and shiftless free money and programs that is taken from the income of hard working Patriotic Americans. He promised to steal from the rich and give to the lazy. Or were you too focused on your free monthly paycheck to pay attention to barrackies agenda?

I thought so....

Obviously, you support communism (because that is what he is about...remember, lets try HONESTY here for once ok Hughbert?)

It is going to take catastrophe to wake up this lazy, shiftless, uneducated, unskilled, unpatriotic, disrespectful generation of punks we have growing up in America. One day their line of credit and entitlements will end (can you say recession? Or can you spell "depression"?)

Ok Hughgley, you are free to scratch your torch and take another hit, for now...your check will be there for you next month...compliments of hard working Alaskans!

radiokenai
radiokenai 12/01/12 - 09:00 am
seafarer
Unpublished

Wow...you would think that at your age you should know better! You call people a bigot and say they are suppose to embrace a president who is bent on the destruction of the Greatest Nation that those "Cigar Smoking Old Men" built from blood, honor and guts. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF SEAFARER! As a 59 year resident of Alaska, you should know better!

Tell you what, pack your stuff and move to California! There you can mingle with the liberals and march in your parades as your new state goes into bankruptcy.

When are you going to wake up and stop using the OUTDATED race card? It isn't about race dummy...it is about a man who has no clue on how to run a nation!

GROW UP DUDE!

Sam Von Pufendorf
Sam Von Pufendorf 12/01/12 - 11:47 am
Bigoted?

Whatever happened to electing the best candidate based on his merit and achievement? So what if he happens to be fat, white and old (sounds like a little bigotry right there). You see, bigotry comes in all colors, shapes, sexes, and forms.
In your 59 years in Alaska, maybe your bigotry has been hidden slightly below the surface. Does that make it any more politically correct or less morally objectionable? I don't believe so. We are all touched with and exercise some form of bigotry, some degree of prejudice.
I am not a fan of,nor did I vote for our president. However, that does not mean I do not support him. I wish nothing more than for him to succeed in pulling congress and our nation together. I have no desire to wish him to fail or mis-step.
Please understand Seafarer, this country needs no more white politicians, black politicians, female politicians, gay or hispanic politicians, it needs no more Catholic, Muslim, Mormon, Protestant, Agnostic or Atheist politicians! What this country needs my friend ... is more statesmen!

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 12/01/12 - 02:19 pm
Looks & Sounds like a Bigot

I may be wrong but it sure sounds like Seafarer has described herself as someone she hates in the comments she posted on 11-22-12. Of course this is coming from an Old Fat White American, American Indian, American African, ex pagan now Christian Guy, so i might be wrong as i'm quit sure the all wise will disclose my error and their correctness on this matter and all the world shall be a better place if we all follow their lead and words of wisdom.
As i posted earlier about Bigots or Racists in the Alaska needs a change post. The ones that scream the loudest on these topics usually are the ones guilty of such actions and history has always proved this Theory correct.
See above post by seafarer for COMMON example.
Of course my interpretaion of the instruction book, Bible, usually always gets me classifeid as a Bigot, when in reality it's the Author of the Book that is being condemned and singled out for his opinions put in written form that is the problem. The problem is not those that point out what he has said, it's just that many just don't want to accept what he said due to their desire to have it their way, instead of his way and they strike out every where and at every one who does believe the instruction Book and Author of it.
Every person has to decide for them selves which way is correct or not and each has to decide which road they will travel and what their eternal destiny will be seperate from my opinion or seafarers or anyone elses, it's an individual choice, not a group choice even though there are two sides voicing their ideas of who is right or wrong & one of us is right and one is wrong.
YOU DECIDE AND LIVE WITH THAT FREE INDIVIDUAL CHOICE AND WE WILL ALL SEE JUST HOW BRIGHT OUR FUTURE IS DEPENDANT ON WHICH SIDE WE CHOOSE.

Sam Von Pufendorf
Sam Von Pufendorf 12/01/12 - 01:40 pm
WHOA WoW

"Of course my interpretation of the instruction book, Bible, usually always gets me classifeid as a Bigot, when in reality it's the Author of the Book that is being condemned and singled out for his opinions..."
It may be YOUR interpretation of the bible that may classify you as the bigot, (you stated as much in the previous statement) but it is NOT the author. The bible has and always has been opened to interpretation. Some bend it in ways that fit their needs. Others look to it for answers to what is now and why it is the way it is. Others look to it to predict the future. The "instruction book" is how we are to live our lives.
Finally, since when is the word of God an "opinion?"
As you say, people choose a direction, but regardless of the direction they choose, not one of us is free of predjudice. Not you, not me and not seafarer. The term "live and let live" should fit in here somewhere!

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 12/01/12 - 02:16 pm
OK Then

It is everyones interpretation of the Bible that gets claased as Bigotry in one way or another if i'm not mistaken and it's usually done by those that disagree with it's Author on allmost every point.
Thats my point of live and let live and we will all have to give answer for our choices as individuals for what we did or did not do and even the most pagan worshipers believe in this end game. But, at the same time i feel it is our responcibility to try and help people towards the good for fellow humans and earth by pointing out that we seem to be heading towards apredicted point of no return and judgment for our actions.
Yes we are all prejudice in one way or another and that is not an acceptable option if we do it out of our own self seeking desires ment for evil disceptive means to hurt, rather than help others. I have been on both ends of this issue of do what you want to and have come to realize the error of my ways inspite of always fighting for others rights to do what they wish, we are sometimes hurting more than helping.
The word of God is not an opinion other than to those that reject it, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord and his commands to the best of our ability and that even has times of faltering and having to repent and go back to basics of what God says and keep on plugging away for the good of my neighbors whom i am to love as i also love God.
Thats the two greatest commands, love God and love neighbors, and all the Law and Prophets are included in these two commands.
Have a GR8 Day and Titus 2:13 to you i hope.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 12/01/12 - 07:10 pm
20 & 31 days to Bright Future

20 days till 12-21-12 and the start of the wonderful pagan sun worship winter solstice and possible End of the Age or return of the Ancient Dragon gods.
31 days till all of our taxes go up and Obamacare kicks in and no one can afford medical insurance other than the very rich. Looks like a Bright future to me no matter which way one sees it or who you voted for after the election.
Hang on folks the End is Nearer Now than it was a while ago.
Buy rice and beans and beware of Rice thats full of beans or anyone that recommends her for anything.
Did you see that Alabama, Georgia football game? I sure hope i can watch Alabama win the title again, since Georgia want play in it.
I sure hope the future will be bright next year, but i surely do wonder at every thing thats pointing to a not so good yr or future for anyone.
Four more years till be can be Free people again, maybe.