• Overcast
    Overcast

Shutting down VA services unconscionable

Posted: October 11, 2013 - 8:41am

On October 8th, I received a message from The American Legion National Headquarters regarding VA public services closed because of the continuing government shutdown.

Military men and women expect they may be sent to foreign lands to fight for our national interests. And, they realize they may be injured or killed while performing these patriotic duties. However, it is unconscionable that our government would choose to put them in harms way in our own country.

Suss
Suss 10/14/13 - 07:42 am
Don't speak for Vets if you are not one!

WoW does not speak for Vets. You should not wrap your self-serving Faux News beliefs behind the mantle of Veterans. You are not one and I resent you trying to use veteran issues to push your and your's alone .....end of the world crap. Out of bounds, out of reason and now we are back to blocking all WoW posts. If you own your statements you do not need to pretend to be speaking for a group you don't belong to.

Norseman 10/12/13 - 07:22 am
Spot on Suss. wow doesn't

Spot on Suss. wow doesn't stay on topic. The title and gist of this doesn't even mention if vet's are divided.

The fact that the tea party has shut down this government has indeed impacted every single citizen of this country.

I as a veteran am disgusted with the small extremist faction called the tea party. The repub's are and will be held accountable for this travesty for a long time.

Watchman on the Wall
Watchman on the Wall 10/12/13 - 10:38 am
So It's MEMBERS ONLY allowed

So It's MEMBERS ONLY allowed to talk on different subject matters?
You two need to follow your own rules then as you also continuously spout off things of which you have absolute no affiliation to.
No mention of end time crap was made on this Obama instituted SHAMEFUL subject on the way Vets are being treated.
As for staying on topic what say you to do like wise especially when say Norm or Ray or I write our ideas and you switch topics NONSTOP.
Your right I'm not a Vet according to this nations standard, but, I am a Vet in the Lords Army against His enemies who also wish to enslave all people. My fight is daily against the liars who wish to deceive the masses and lead them off the cliff, case and point.
As for speaking on any or all topics, every one can and does, it's called having an opinion of all things happening all around us and sharing that opinion.
OH! I remember now, Your part of the Union of Silence for all Non-union members who must be silenced at all costs for the spreading of your Ideals for all which are being pushed down others throats by the ONE and his followers.
I get it now it's all about your desires and views for a absolute identical members only Union One ideals and opinions.
True facts of how Vets are being treated need not be mentioned by any non-vets because some DEM Vets don't want their leaders hateful acts exposed.
Sorry, I don't think I'm going to play by your rules as long as FREE SPEACH, that thing your Union hates, yet still exists, for now is afforded me here and else where.
Thanks for sharing your ideals though.
As THIS ARTICLE SAYS, SHUTTING DOWN VETERANS SERVICES IS UNCONSCIONABLE. As I said with just a few examples showing BO does not care and neither do some vets.
So Norseman your maxed out on Tea Party, or Conservatives right. What's your plan for silencing us and all others who you dislike and want silenced?
I bet you wish True Christians were silenced as well.
Hang on Vet, you'll get your chance to join boots on the ground to try and do just this real soon I fear.
Amazing, simply amazing this massive push to remove Free Speech from some your leader has deemed unworthy.

Raoulduke
Raoulduke 10/14/13 - 06:46 am
Shutting Down

WOW- BLAME the members of the House,and Senate Which had signed the PLEDGE to shut this government down.I find to be an act of treason. Place the BLAME where it truly belongs.THE PEOPLE WHO HAD CAST THEIR VOTE FOR SUCH ILK,and STUPIDITY.

Raoulduke
Raoulduke 10/14/13 - 10:46 am
Vet-Non Vet

It does not matter to me.Who is a veteran advocate.We need all we can get.If the advocate is a vet good.If the advocate is a non-veteran.I just do not want to hear the person say they are.When they are not.All Veteran advocates are welcome in my book.We can not do enough for the ones. Who served,and are serving.