The following nonprofit organizations are seeking community members interested in leading a helping hand. For more information, contact the listed organization.
· Alaska Dandelion Festival is seeking volunteers to hold workshops or give presentations in the area of arts and crafts. The event will be held in early June in Seward. For more information, call Marie Wagner at (623) 977-4069 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
· World Heritage is seeking a local representatives for its high school exchange program. Representatives screen potential host families, plan annual orientations, meet with high schools, provide support counseling for participants and visit with exchange students and families on a monthly basis. Annual and on-going training is provided. Representatives work an average two to four hours a month per student. For more information, contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ASSE International Student Exchange Program is seeking local representatives to recruit and screen host families, interview students wanting to study abroad and supervise visiting exchange students. Representatives are reimbursed for their expenses and get some travel opportunities. For more information, contact Veryl Anderson at (360) 501-5920 or the regional office at (800) 733-2773.
· NW Services is seeking host families for students from Mongolia, Germany, Colombia, Brazil, Korea and other countries for the 2007 spring semester. Students are 15-18 years old and arrive in January. Host families are not paid but may be able to claim a $50 per month charitable contribution on their income taxes. For more information, call (866) 846-3977.
· Forte International is seeking host families for students from China, Mongolia and South Korea ages 15-18 for the spring semester. Students have their own spending money and insurance. For more information, call (877) 520-2522 or e-mail email@example.com.
To have your volunteer requests listed, submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 283-3299. For more information about this column, call 335-1241.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.