Family classes offered
Kenaitze Head Start will host the following family classes:
· Scrap booking classes are scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to noon today and Jan. 12 in the Family House, adjacent to Head Start.
· Parents 1-2-3-4 is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and Jan. 16 and 23 in the Kenaitze Indian Tribe conference room at 150 N. Willow St. in Kenai. Childcare will be provided.
· Colleen Sonnevil will teach a family budgeting class from 10:30 a.m. to noon Jan. 19.
· Deb Nyquist will lead “Exercise As A Family” from 10:30 a.m. to noon Jan. 26 in the Family House.
· Patchwork Families will be offered from 6 to 7 p.m. Jan. 30 and Feb. 6. Childcare will be provided.
All classes are free and open to the public. For more information or to register, call Janet or Mary at 283-0707.
Exxon litigation to be discussed
There will be a public meeting held on the Exxon Valdez litigation case from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska in Kenai.
Brian O’Niel, an attorney from the Faegre and Benson Law Firm ,will be the speaker. For more information, call Audrey Stephens at 260-9436.
Suicide to be discussed
Kenai Middle School will hold a preview to “The Signs of Suicide” program it will present to its students (who must have parental permission) later in the month. The preview is for family and community members only and will begin at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the school’s library. For more information, call Mark G. Manuel at 283-4896.
Historical society to meet
The Soldotna Historical Society board of directors will meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 13 at River City Books in Soldotna. It is open to the public. For more information, call Barbara Jewell at 262-4157.
Area women to take a break
The Peninsula Take-A-Break will host its New Year’s luncheon from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Jan. 17 at Solid Rock Conference Center at Mile 90.5 of the Sterling Highway. Sandy Dallmann will be the featured speaker. Her topic will be permanent cosmetics. Dala Conner will share “Life is an Adventure.”
The cost is $10. Free childcare is available. For more information or reservations, call Cyndi 260-6262 or Caryolyn 262-4214.
SoHi after-prom committee to meet
Soldotna High School parents of juniors will meet at 6 p.m. Jan. 23 to plan for its after-prom party.
The committee is seeking volunteers. For more information, call Jenn Barkman at 260-6962 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is noon the preceding day. To have your event listed or to change any information, call 283-7551 or fax 283-3299.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.