What's new in your business?
Have you opened a new business, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai.
Photos will be considered, as well. For more information, call Nan at 335-1241.
Chambers set schedules
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce's luncheon will be held at noon Tuesday at Froso's Restaurant. The topic will be ConocoPhillips gas pipeline. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn. The featured speakers will be Wendy King and Gary Rychlik of ConocoPhillips. For more information or to RSVP, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
Business workshops set
The Small Business Development Center will hold the following workshops:
* Simple budgeting with big benefits Participants will learn methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate successes and failures. The workshop will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Jan. 18 at the Red Diamond Center, Suite 12. The fee is $15.
* Business start up workshop Participants will learn the basics of doing business. The workshop will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Jan. 25 at Suite 12 in the Red Diamond Center. The fee is $15.
* Quickbooks start up Participants will learn to organize business data and to be prepared when tax time rolls around. The workshop will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 17. There are three seats left. The cost is $125.
Seating is limited. Registration is required no later than the Monday, before each of the workshops. For more information, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Aromatherapy classes offered
Central Peninsula Hospital is offering the first two courses leading to certification in clinical aromatherapy through the Institute of Spiritual Healing and Aromatherapy from Jan. 25 through 27 and Feb. 1 through 3. For more information or to register, call 714-4500.
Children's cooking workshops offered
Children ages 6 to 12 may attend pint-size workshop cooking classes at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai.
Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain during the 30-minute workshops. For more information, call 262-3111.
Manufacturer of the Year nominations sought
Nominations for Made in Alaska Manufacturer of the Year are being accepted. Made in Alaska permit holders are eligible to nominate another permit holder or self-nominate by Saturday.
For more information, call (907) 272-5634 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.