Tickets for inaugural ball available
Tickets for the Kenai Peninsula Palin-Parnell Inaugural Ball slated for Feb. 3 at the Kenai Mall are available beginning today for $25 per person. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis from the following individuals: in Nikiski, Judene VanCleave at 776-5551; Kenai, Janie Odgers at 283-7989; Soldotna, Michelle Glaves at 262-9814; Sterling, Glen Martin at 252-5326; Kalifornsky Beach, Bill Popp at 398-8245; Kasilof, Paul Fisher at 262-9269; Ninilchik, John McCombs at 567-3334 or Janet Clucas at 567-3359; Seward, Tammy Casagranda at 224-3190 or Homer, Eileen Becker at 235-7526.
Cash or checks are the only methods of payment accepted.
Family classes offered
Kenaitze Head Start will host the following family classes:
· Scrap booking classes are scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to noon today in the Family House, adjacent to Head Start.
· Parents 1-2-3-4 is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and Jan. 23 in the Kenaitze Indian Tribe conference room at 150 N. Willow St. in Kenai. Childcare will be provided.
· Colleen Sonnevil will teach a family budgeting class from 10:30 a.m. to noon Jan. 19.
· Deb Nyquist will lead “Exercise As A Family” from 10:30 a.m. to noon Jan. 26 in the Family House.
· Patchwork Families will be offered from 6 to 7 p.m. Jan. 30 and Feb. 6. Childcare will be provided.
All classes are free and open to the public. For more information or to register, call Janet or Mary at 283-0707.
Historical society to meet
The Soldotna Historical Society board of directors will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday at River City Books in Soldotna. It is open to the public. For more information, call 262-4157.
Steak feed fundraiser set
The Kenai Central High School hockey team will sponsor a steak feed from 3 to 8 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska. A silent auction is planned and door prizes will be drawn every hour.
The price of admission is $15 per person. A New York steak (barbecued outside), salads, dessert and a drink are included in the admission price.
Tickets are available from Kardinal players or at IGA Country Foods from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday and Jan. 21.
CPHC board meeting slated
Central Peninsula Health Centers, Inc. board of directors will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at the Kenai Public Health Center. The meeting will include election of officers. It is open to the public. For more information, call 335-2022 or e-mail email@example.com.
Genealogical Society to meet
The Kenai Totem Tracers Genealogical Society will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Kenai Community Library Genealogy Room. The business meeting will begin at 6 p.m. The group will vote on the revision of its by-laws and hold a short discussion on language translating Web sites. For more information, call Loretta Mattson 283-9591.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.