* Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna presents the musical "The Wizard of Oz," at 7 p.m. tonight, Friday and Saturday as well as Jan. 20, 21 and 22. Tickets are $15 at the door or in advance. To reserve a ticket, call 776-8669 or visit the Triumvirate Bookstore in the mall.
* "New Year's in Nanwalek," a video by Paul Gray, will be shown at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Kasilof museum at Mile .5 Kalifornsky Beach Road, presented by the Kasilof Regional Historical Association.
* The Governor's Inaugural Gala will be held from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday at the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna, with heavy appetizers, a no-host bar and music by the Bob Ramponi Jazz Band and Bull Don and the Moose Nuggets. Tickets are $75, including one drink ticket, or $500 for a table for five or $600 for a table for six. Call Linda at 262-5891.
* The Kenai River Folk Dancers will host a contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School with music by the ContraBanD. All dances are taught and called. Bring clean, dry, nonmarking shoes, and potluck snacks are encouraged. The cost is $5 for adults and free for children under 16 when accompanied by an adult. Call Raymond, 283-5403.
* Studio986 in Kenai has live music by local DJs and guest DJs Saturday from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Admission is $7 at the door. The studio is located nest to Katina's and Sharps Billiards.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai River College has the Rarefied Light 2010 traveling statewide photography exhibition on display until Feb. 4.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit of mixed media work by Ken Green on display through January.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has multimedia works from child and adult artists at the Fancy Pants studio on display through January.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has a display of work by Kenai Peninsula College students through January.
* College Heights Quilt Group has work on display at the Cottonwood Gallery.
* Odie's Deli in Soldotna has "This and That," fabric creations by Connie and Jay Goltz, on display through January. Sales of works go to the food bank.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will have "PAINt," an exhibition of Alaska paintings curated by Anchorage artist, curator and art critic Don Decker.
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has artwork by Madison Westover on display in January.
* Mugz Coffee Shop in the Blazy Mall in Soldotna has "Passage of Time in Black and White and Red," photography by Genevieve Klebba, on display into January.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by "The Smith Girls" Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Billy Strain tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday by Robbie Kuehn from 6 to 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 .m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Robb Justice Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.