* This Hope will perform at 7 p.m. today at Kenai New Life Assembly of God, across from the Challenger Learning Center in Kenai. The public is invited to attend this free concert. A freewill offering will be received. For more information, call 283-7752 or visit www.kenainewlife.org .
* Kenai River Folk Dancers will host a community contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School. Live music. Beginners are welcome. All dances are taught and called. Bring clean, dry, non-marking shoes to dance in. The cost is $5 for adults and no charge for children under age 16 when accompanied by an adult. Potluck snacks are welcome. For more information, e-mail Patricia at email@example.com for more information.
n The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai, in conjunction with Mike Morgan, will host Wednesday nights Acoustic Song Circle and Jam Session from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts karaoke Con Queso with Mark Gage and Davey Jones at 8 p.m. to midnight Thursdays; the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m.
* The Hunger Hut at Mile 26.5 of the Kenai Spur Highway host karaoke with Shane and Sarah at 9 p.m. Saturdays.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host Robb Justice from 5 to 7 p.m. and Melissa Kay and Kelsey Shields from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday; Open mic Saturdays from 6 to 9 p.m.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 Friday and Saturday.
* Veronica's in Old Towne Kenai, will host open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* Tickets are now on sale for Triumvirate Theatre's Fifth Annual Dinner Theatre and Art Auction. The group will present "Forrest Guppy" on Jan. 22 and 23 at Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna. Dinner begins at 6 p.m. and the show at 7 p.m. The cost is $48 for a three-course dinner and show. Tickets on sale only at Mykels. Seating is extremely limited. For more information, visit www.triumviratetheatre.org .
* Peninsula Artists in Motion will host a winter ball fundraiser at 7 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. The black tie optional event will have live music with Bob Ramponi's Alaska Swing Co. Tickets are available at the Funky Monkey and Encore Dance Studio in Kenai and at River City Books in Soldotna. For more information, call Katrina Carpenter at 283-3140.
* World Music for the Kenai in conjunction from the Kenai Peninsula College Multicultural Consortium and Sunday Showcase will host Chris Smither, finger style bluesman at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at Peninsula Grace Auditorium at 44175 Kalifornsky Beach Road. The cost is $25 general admission; $23 for KDLL members; and family/teen discounts are available. For more information, call 262-6548 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Smither's Web site at www.chrissmither.com.
* Kenai Performers will present the musical, "Grease" at Kenai Central High School in the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium on February 19-21 and 26-28. Fridays and Saturdays at 7 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 3 p.m. Tickets are available at the door, River City Books or Charlotte's. The cost is for $15 for general admission or $12 for seniors and students.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us