Events and Exhibits
* Artists Without Borders is having a group show in the 4D Professional Building on the corner of Marydale and Spur Highway in Soldotna in the conference room of the 4D Professional Building on the corner of Marydale and the Kenai Spur Highway in Soldotna. For more information, call Susan at 262-3958.
* Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna has Jessica Oglesbee as its artist of the month.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center at 11471 Kenai Spur Highway will host two solo exhibits, "Black and White Photography" by Roy Shapley, and "Ebb and Flow" by Sherri Shater, through Jan. 31. The center also displays animal mounts, historic items and Alaska Native artifacts. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. For more information, call 283-1991.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna shows films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 8 p.m. Saturday and blind darts at 2:30 p.m. Sundays.
* Bluegrass jam sessions at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. The first Thursday of the month at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna and all others at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center.
* The Duck Inn has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna will host Tyler Schlung Friday at 6:30 p.m. and Loretta Spalding, JD Uponen and friends at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
* The Riverside House lounge hosts After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights, karaoke Wednesday nights, 150 Grit on Thursday nights and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Moosequitoes in Sterling will have open mic Saturday; and live music featuring PNP on Jan. 25. It also has free pool and Xbox competitions Wednesdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in the Blazy Mall has acoustic music from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday by Sam Gillilan; Jay C. Smith from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday and also hosts open mic night Mondays.
* The Rainbow bar will have the Mabrey brothers through the end of January.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have open mic at 6:30 p.m. today; Sarah Superman and Friends at 6:30 p.m. Friday; Bob and Theresa Ramponi at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and a Sunday afternoon music jam from 2 p.m.
* 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for weekly listings and show times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for weekly listings and show times.
* The Wailin' Jennys, award winning musicians from Canada, will play at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 17 at Peninsula Grace Auditorium on Kalifornsky Beach Road. Tickets at the door are $23 for general admission, or $20 for students, seniors, veterans and KDLL members. Teen and family discounts are available. The show is sponsored by World Music for the Kenai, Kenai Peninsula College's Multicultural Consortium, the Anna Fossett Goodrich Foundation and KDLL. For more information, call 262-6548 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Down the Road
* The Pratt Museum will be closed to the public for repairs and maintenance through Feb. 5.
* The Pier One Youth Theatre 2007 Film Festival will be held at noon Saturday at the Homer Theatre on Pioneer and Main streets. Admission is free. It will feature two films: "Basic Friendship" involving four teens with nothing in common who get stranded together in a mysterious dreamworld; and "Jazz Maltz and the Bad Apples" in which the heroic Jazz Maltz is transported to another world a world where freedom must be won in a battle with a swarm of flying, carnivorous apples.
Anchorage and Beyond
* The Alaska State Fair begins its Cabin Fever Reliever Concert Series with Marty Stuart on Jan. 26, Blackhawk on Feb. 16, Billy Dean on March 15 and Heartland on April 5. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and all concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Raven Hall on the fairgrounds in Palmer. Tickets are available through TicketMaster.com and at Fred Meyer.
What's Happening submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to 283-3299 or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us