· Tsalteshi Trails Located behind Skyview High School, with trail heads at the high school parking lot and on Kalifornsky Beach Road just across from the Soldotna Sports Center. Difficulty Trails for all levels.
· Kenai Nordic Trails Located on the Kenai Golf Course, with a trail head in the parking lot of the Kenai Golf Course. Difficulty Mostly flat trails, with some hills that may challenge beginners.
· Nikiski Community Trails Located behind Nikiski Middle-Senior High School, with a trail head in the parking lot of the high school. Difficulty Moderate difficulty, with some marked, challenging hills where caution should be exercised.
· Trails behind Nikiski pool Located behind the Nikiski pool, with a trail head at the parking lot of the Nikiski pool. Difficulty Gentle, rolling hills suitable for beginners, with some challenging little dips.
· Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Trails Located at the refuge headquarters on Ski Hill Road in Soldotna. Difficulty The Keen Eye Nature Trail and the Centennial Trail have some hills and are open for snowshoers and skiers. The Nordic Lake Trails have four loops that build on each other. The first loop is suitable for beginners, while the loops furthest from the refuge headquarters have some challenging hills.
· Baycrest Ski Trails Traveling from Soldotna toward Homer, Baycrest can be found by taking a left on Rodgers Loop Road from the Sterling Highway. When there is adequate snowfall, there also is a trail head next to the Department of Transportation station on the Sterling Highway. A snowshoe loop has been added, starting from the main trail head. Difficulty Skiing for all levels.
· McNeil Canyon Ski Trails Located behind McNeil Canyon Elementary School, with a trail head in the parking lot of the elementary school. From Homer, the elementary school is located 12 miles out East End Road. Difficulty The loop nearest the school is flat, while the longest loop takes skiers down and up a large hill.
· Lookout Mountain Located on Ohlson Mountain Road in Homer. Difficulty These trails are mostly flat.
· Exit Glacier Road Located in Seward at about Mile 5 of the Seward Highway. Difficulty These trails are mostly flat, gradually sloping as they follow the Resurrection River.
· Mile 12 Ski Trails Located at Mile 12 of the Seward Highway. Difficulty Intermediate to advanced skiing, depending on the loops chosen.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us