* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai River College has the Rarefied Light 2010 traveling statewide photography exhibition on display until Feb. 4.
* KPC Showcase presents a presentation about Jefferson Randolph "Soapy" Smith by Dr. Jane Haigh, history professor and author of "King Con: the Story of Soapy Smith," at 7 p.m. tonight in the KPC commons.
* Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna presents the musical "The Wizard of Oz," at 7 p.m. tonight, Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $15 at the door or in advance. To reserve a ticket, call 776-8669 or visit the Triumvirate Bookstore in the mall.
* KDLL's annual meeting and open house will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the KDLL studio in Kenai. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. with the open house following. Board of directors ballots may be returned to the station or brought to the meeting.
* The Peninsula Art Guild will hold its annual board meeting, with door prizes and snacks, from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Kenai Fine Arts Center on Cook Avenue in Old Town Kenai. The board is seeking new members and more volunteers. Contact 283-7040 or email@example.com for more information.
* The Kenai Writers group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit of mixed media work by Ken Green on display through January.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has multimedia works from child and adult artists at the Fancy Pants studio on display through January.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has a display of work by Kenai Peninsula College students through January.
* College Heights Quilt Group has work on display at the Cottonwood Gallery.
* Odie's Deli in Soldotna has "This and That," fabric creations by Connie and Jay Goltz, on display through January. Sales of works go to the food bank.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will have "PAINt," an exhibition of Alaska paintings curated by Anchorage artist, curator and art critic Don Decker.
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has artwork by Madison Westover on display in January.
* Mugz Coffee Shop in the Blazy Mall in Soldotna has "Passage of Time in Black and White and Red," photography by Genevieve Klebba, on display into January.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Sarah Jane and Jena Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Caribbean Slim tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 .m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m.
On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Robb Justice Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.