Man dies after Anchorage home fire

Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2003

ANCHORAGE (AP) -- An Anchorage man died after his apartment caught fire Friday night, Anchorage fire officials said Saturday.

Firefighters went to the apartment complex about 8:30 p.m. and found a man in his late 50s in the hallway outside a bedroom. The man's name was not immediately released.

The man was alive when he was taken to an Anchorage hospital but later died. He sustained burns and smoke inhalation.

Fire officials said an ashtray with combustible materials was found next to the bed.

No one else was hurt in the fire.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS