* Static Cycle will be playing at Hooligans Lodging and Saloon Friday. Doors open at 9 p.m. Admission is $10. Tickets are limited.
* Friday Community Dialogues resume with a discussion of "Power, Rights and Responsibility: What are the proper roles of government, corporations, citizens and whistle-blowers?" in the Commons at Kenai Peninsula College. An optional potluck begins at 6:30 p.m. Friday with the dialogue following from 7 to 9 p.m. Call Heidi Chay at 283-9227 for more information.
* AJ Seims will perform "Yarns of Alaska," a one-man show about the adventures of a Sourdough named "Moose Jaw," at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall. Tickets are $15. For more information or to reserve tickets, call 776-8669.
* A Winter River Fest concert to benefit the Kenai Watershed Forum will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Peninsula Grace Auditorium on K-Beach. Admission is $10 per person or $25 for families. Performers will include Maria Allison, Sue Biggs, Jack Will, Dan Pascucci, Audra Farris, Shay Kurz, Taryn McCubbins, Vickie Tinker, Robbie Smithwick and Midnight Silhouette, Kelsie Leaf, Nancy Anderson, Chris Pepper and Koey Dixon.
* The Kasilof World Hardboiled Egg-Eating Championships will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Kasilof Mercantile. First prize is $150, or $1,000 if someone breaks the world record of 65 eggs in 400 seconds. Contest limited to the first 10 entrants.
* Kenai River Council on the Arts is calling for metal and wood artists to exhibit in the February 2011 Sculpture Exhibit. Deadline for entries is Friday at 5 p.m. at the Kenai Fine Arts Center.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai River College has the Rarefied Light 2010 traveling statewide photography exhibition on display until Feb. 4.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit of mixed media work by Ken Green on display through January.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has multimedia works from child and adult artists at the Fancy Pants studio on display through January.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has a display of work by Kenai Peninsula College students through January.
* College Heights Quilt Group has work on display at the Cottonwood Gallery.
* Odie's Deli in Soldotna has "This and That," fabric creations by Connie and Jay Goltz, on display through January. Sales of works go to the food bank.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will have "PAINt," an exhibition of Alaska paintings curated by Anchorage artist, curator and art critic Don Decker.
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has artwork by Madison Westover on display in January.
* Mugz Coffee Shop in the Blazy Mall in Soldotna has "Passage of Time in Black and White and Red," photography by Genevieve Klebba, on display into January.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Robb Justice Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Robert's Daughter tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday by Kelsie Leaf and Robbie Smithwick from 6 to 9 p.m. as a fundraiser for their Peru mission trip
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 .m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m.
On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Robb Justice Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.