Kenai girls, Colony boys win Nikiski Relays
The Kenai girls and the Colony boys won the Nikiski Relays on Saturday at Nikiski High School.
The Kenai girls completed the 4-by-3.5-kilometer classic relay in 57 minutes and 3 seconds. The team was made up of Becca Ford, Maya Johnson, Kristi Louthan and Molly Watkins. Colony, made up of Emily Dougherty, Erin Skvorc, Heather Kelahan and Heidi Doner, was second in 58:44. Soldotna, made up of Jasmine Clock, Emily Smola, Amanda Smith and Kailey Mucha, was third in 59:04.
The Colony boys finished the 4-by-5-kilometer classic relay in 1:06:07 for first place. The team was made up of Mason Wick, Jeff Ford, Nick Whitmore and Ryan Van Gorder. Kenai, made up of Trent Semmens, Kirk Louthan, DC Reid and Christopher Hall, was second in 1:07:48. Skyview, made up of Tommy Honer, Kelly Skipwith, Taylor Karnikis and Erick Romig, was third in 1:08:42.
The top relay leg for the boys was turned in by Semmens, who finished in 15:46. Van Gorder was second in 15:51, while Galen Johnston of Su Valley was third in 16:02. For the girls, the top relay leg belonged to Mucha with her 12:37. Kendra Merkes of Skyview was second with 13:10, while Kenai’s Watkins was third with a 13:28.
at Nikiski Community Trails
Girls 4-by-3.5-kilometer classic relay
1. Kenai A (Becca Ford, Maya Johnson, Kristi Louthan, Molly Watkins), 57 minutes, 3 seconds; 2. Colony A (Emily Dougherty, Erin Skvorc, Heather Kelahan, Heidi Doner), 58:44; 3. Soldotna A (Jasmine Clock, Emily Smola, Amanda Smith, Kailey Mucha), 59:04; 4. Homer C (Gillian Maryott, Molly Warburton, Alina Rykaczewski, Erika Klaar), 1:00:00; 5. Palmer A (Kiersten Dahms, Kimberly Delfrate, Jessica Odegard, Rachel Wintz), 1:00:03; 6. Seward A (Katie Peck, Meghan O’Leary, Tekla Backlund, Sarah Glaser), 1:00:12; 7. Homer A (Jaclyn Arndt, Katie Miller, Frances Bursch, Kristin Vantrease), 1:01:31; 8. Homer B (Thorey Munro, Claire Laukitis, Enali Critchett, Emma Laukitis), 1:01:34; 9. Colony B (Kaija Klauder, Ellen Van Gorder, Caitlin Skvorc, Jaclyn Pace), 1:04:45; 19. Palmer B (Catherine Steward, Amanda Delfrate, Claire Woodings, Dottie Hoople), 1:05:02.
11. Palmer C (Mollie Mangelsdorf, Stephanie Stephens, Raelyn Quinn, Laura Whitmore), 1:10:04; 12. Colony C (Katie Gonski, Crystal Wood, Sydney Stewart, Maria Wick), 1:10:41; 13. Homer D (Maggie McCarron, Oshi Wills, Katie Arsenault, Morgan Edminster), 1:12:08; 14. Colony D (Katelyn Truax, Shannon Van Bavel, Hannah Bulovsky, Clare Murray), 1:13:01; 15. Soldotna/Colony/Palmer (Carole Hanke, Hannah Chase, Else Nagel, Lyssa Frohling), 1:16:12; 16. Colony E (Sarah Mastroyanis, Kelsey Powell, Danielle Blair, Abby Nagel), 1:17:24; 17. Seward B (Samara Johnson, Emily Capra, Nicole Feemster, Nicole Hewitt), 1:21:28; 18. Kenai B (Mercedes Hughes, Deandra Latz, Keirsten Carlson, JoJo Chang), 1:22:28; 19. Skyview/CIA (Kendra Merkes, Greta Danielson, Dani Rehm, Heather Roesing), 58:52; 20. Seward/CIA (Allison Barnwell, Sugyong Kim, Katerina Krischok, Hilary Domke), 1:27:28.
21. Homer/mixed (Corinne Ogle, Emily Henkelman, Dutch Stewart, Samantha Arndt), 1:28:54.
Boys 4-by-5-kilometer classic relay
1. Colony A (Mason Wick, Jeff Ford, Nick Whitmore, Ryan Van Gorder), 1:06:07; 2. Kenai A (Trent Semmens, Kirk Louthan, DC Reid, Chris Hall), 1:07:48; 3. Skyview A (Tommy Honer, Kelly Skipwith, Taylor Karnikis, Erick Romig), 1:08:42; 4. Soldotna A (Gabe Murray, Caleb Gordon, Eddie French, Max Milliron), 1:13:16; 5. Palmer A (Brian Senta, Ryan Cunningham, Davis Dunlap, Dunnie Strickland), 1:15:40; 6. Colony B (Robert Wise, Sean Boyden, Ethan Van Bavel, Evan Walker), 1:16:12; 7. Nikiski A (Thomas Wheeler, Ancel Ware, Bryan Bakk, Aaron Bakk), 1:16:40; 8. Skyview B (Jordan Merkes, Anthony Silva, Yuzhun Evanoff, Harley Maxson), 1:17:49; 9. Homer B (Gus Beck, Sterling Gillon, Tyler Hass, William Jasper), 1:18:15; 10. Kenai B (Anders Nyquist, Ben Phillips, Alex Sonnichsen, Quinn Stoops), 1:20:15.
11. Homer A (Will Anderson, Patrick Schneider, Jack Anderson, Dylan Critchett), 1:20:18; 12. Soldotna B (Ryan Sanders, Stryker McLane, Jacob Franzmann, Aaron Chase), 1:20:56; 13. Skyview C (Hunter Jackinsky, Ben Wild, Alec Sweetland, Sam Kilfoyle), 1:21:12; 14. Palmer B (Wylie Mangelsdorf, Richard Barnhart, Mack Lewis, Kevin Smith), 1:22:35; 15. Seward A (Kevin Talens, Mike Zweifel, Aaron Sarka, Mark Chase), 1:22:59; 16. Colony C (Jon Mastroyanis, Dave Gray, Kameron Walters, Josh Clyde), 1:25:16; 17. Su Valley A (Tyler Figley, Ian Mannix, Hannah Hamler, Galen Johnston), 1:25:37; 18. Seward B (Matt Nyholm, Koal Backlund, Joe Nyholm, Andrew Ferkinoff), 1:28:54; 19. Homer C (Garrett Hoanin, Conner Smith, Peter Hendrickson, Peter Walsworth), 1:33:38; 20. Colony/Palmer (Colin Reisterer, Mark Bailey, Jarrid McAuliff, Christophe Johnson), 1:35:33.
21. Palmer C (Bob Simon, Daniel Van Hoomissen, Arm Kunapornasujit, Ted Hoople), 1:36:21; 22. Kenai/Nikiski (Brad Denesen, Dylan Wannamaker, Ronny Miller, Leo Pennison), 1:38:49; 23. Homer/Seward (Emerson Quarton, Wyatt Rehder, Ben Blue, Sean Moline), 1:40:24; 24. Soldotna/Skyview/Seward (Justin Marsh, TJ Earll, Zachary Truesdell, Billy Markowicz), 1:46:06.
Kenai skaters top Homer
The Kenai Central hockey team finished up an undefeated season in the North Star Conference on Monday with a 3-2 victory over host Homer.
Kenai’s top line was again the difference as the team ran its record to 15-4-1 overall and 10-0 in the conference. Brad Fusaro had two goals and an assist, Owen Dukowitz had a goal and two assists and Jed McGlasson added an assist.
Kenai took a 1-0 lead in the first period before Josh Pitta scored with 8:00 left in the frame. A little over five minutes later, Kenai scored again for the lead.
Homer tied the game with 1:39 left in the second period, but Kenai got the lead back just 18 seconds later and held the lead the rest of the game.
Ben Miller had 37 saves for Homer, while Lauren Baldwin had 28 for Kenai.
KARDINALS 3, MARINERS 2
Kenai 2 1 0 3
Homer 1 1 0 2
First period 1. Kenai, Dukowitz (Fusaro), 2:28; 2. Homer, Pitta (un.), 7:00; 3. Kenai, Fusaro (Dukowitz), 12:03. Penalties Homer 2 for 4:00.
Second period 4. Homer, Beile (Pitta, Buckley), 13:21; 5. Kenai, Fusaro (McGlasson, Dukowitz), 1:21. Penalties Kenai 1 for 2:00; Homer 2 for 4:00.
Third period none. Penalties Kenai 4 for 8:00; Homer 2 for 4:00.
Shots on goal Kenai 17-17-640; Homer 10-9-1130.
Goalies Kenai, Baldwin (30 shots, 28 saves); Homer, Miller (40 shots, 37 saves).
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us