What's new in your business?
Have you opened a new business, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai.
Photos also will be considered. For more information, call Nan at 335-1241.
Chambers set schedules
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce's luncheon will be held at noon Tuesday at Froso's Restaurant. Featured guests will be mushers from the Tustumena 100 and 200 dog sled races.
For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
The chamber will hold its annual awards banquet at 6:30 p.m. Friday at The Crossing Restaurant. There will be dinner and a no-host bar. The cost is $40 per person.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn. The featured speaker will be the Kenai Peninsula Foundation.
For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
The chambers Kenai community award recipients for 2007 were: Log Cabin Award, Rick Ross; Pioneer Award, Phillip and Eileen Bryson; Chamber Business/Organization of the Year, Metal Magic (Scott Hamann); Small Business of the Year, Charlotte's (Charlotte Legg); Community Service Award, Merrill Sikorski; Service to Youth, David Ross; Volunteer of the Year, Joe Gallagher; and Presidents Award, Barry Eldridge.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Thursdays at the Nikiski Recreation Center. The featured speaker will be T. Mitch Little with Marathon Oil. On Feb. 7 the featured speaker will be Shawn Erwin with the U.S. Coast Guard.
For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
The chamber will hold its annual awards banquet March. 1 at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska in Kenai. For more information and event time, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676. Tickets are limited and sponsorships are available. Tickets are available from the following board members: Scott Hamann of Metal Magic, president; JW Johns with Spenard Builders, vice president; Debbie Kassik with Kenai Brew Stop, secretary/treasurer; Judene Van Cleave with OSK, ex-officio; Durainey Rawls with Durainey's Crane Service; Amanda Feagin with Dunkin and Bush; Mike Peak with OSK; Erich Deland with Tesoro; Mike Chenault; and Sharon Burdick.
Turnage recognized for sales
Kenai business woman Stacy Turnage was recognized by lia sophia jewelry for outstanding sales levels in her first 15 weeks with the company. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Weight loss program set to start
Elite Health and Fitness will hold a Body for Life fitness challenge kick-off party from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at its center at Mile 16 of the Kenai Spur Highway. The event is open to registered Body for Life participants. For more information, call 283-2270 or visit www.elitehealthfitness.com.
Small business workshop set
The Small Business Development Center will hold the following workshops at the Red Diamond Center, Suite 12:
* A three-part getting started with QuickBooks 2007 workshop will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19 and March 4. Sign in begins at 5 p.m. The workshop is designed to give attendees a tool to organize business data and to be prepared when tax time rolls around.
Deadline to reserve your computer station is Friday. The fee is $125.
* Business record keeping workshop will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Feb. 12. The workshop is designed so attendees can learn to be assertive in tracking business records for timely and efficient tax reporting. The deadline to reserve a seat is Feb. 8. The cost is $30.
For more information, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's cooking workshops offered
Children ages 6 to 12 may attend pint-size workshop cooking classes at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai.
Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain during the 30-minute workshops.
For more information, call 262-3111.
To submit items to the Business page, e-mail them to email@example.com or fax them to 283-3299.The deadline for submissions is Monday at 5 p.m.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.