Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon today at the Nikiski Community Recreation Center in the multi-purpose room. Kathy Lopeman with Central Peninsula Hospital will be the featured speaker. Her topic will be WOW Run for Women with Cancer. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551. Shanon Hamrick with Kenai Peninsula Tourism Council will speak Feb. 15.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will host Gary Turner with Kenai Peninsula College at noon Tuesday at Froso’s in Soldotna. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9814.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will host Ludmilla Dudkovskaya and Gregory Lap. Their topic will be Russian impacts of the “CityLink Program” at noon Wednesday at Paradisos in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
· Scott Brennan with Renewable Resources will be the featured speaker at the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce meeting at noon Wednesday at the Anchor River Inn.
Small business center to host workshop
The Small Business Development Center will hold a free “Start Up” workshop with Mark Gregory, director of University of Alaska Anchorage Small Business Development Center, from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Feb. 26 at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12. Gregory will walk through the basic process of starting a business.
Participants are asked to preregister no later than 4 p.m. one day prior to the workshop. For more information or to preregister, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth cooking classes
Pint Size Workshop cooking classes will be held at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Peterson Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai. Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain in the store during the 30 minute workshops.
Healing classes offered
Central Peninsula Hospital will host the following healing classes at the hospital:
· Level 1 Healing Touch class from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 20 through 21. The cost is $300. This class offers 16.8 continuing education contact hours for nurses and massage therapists.
· Anatomy and physiology class from 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 22 through 25. The cost is $450.
For more information or to register for either class, call Susan Shoemaker at 714-4776
JA seeks volunteers
Junior Achievement of the Peninsula is seeking volunteer instructors for its upcoming classes in March. Volunteers will go into area classes and teach business, economics and free enterprise. For more information, call Febra Hensley at 398-7173.
The Business page appears each Thursday in the Peninsula Clarion. Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 283-3299.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us