* The Boys and Girls Club in Soldotna presents an evening of three original one acts at the Triumvirate Theater in Soldotna's Peninsula Center Mall tonight and Friday starting at 7 p.m. Plays include The Missing Squirrel by club member Tovia Bremond-Hilton, My Online Friend adapted by club director Kim Weber Lee, and Lessons are Learned by former club members Savannah Cartwright and Justin Dahlgren. Donations accepted at the door.
* The Alaska Ocean Film Festival is Friday at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Explore humanity's varied connections to the ocean with eight short films on saltwater adventure, marine science, and coastal cultures. Admission is $5. The festival is sponsored by the Kenai Watershed Forum, KVCC & Alaska Center for the Environment. For more info, call 283- 1991.
* Joe Kashi will hold free photography workshops, open to the public, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. Bring digital photos to share.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College has Drawings & Sculptures by Hugh McPeck on display until March 4.
* MUGZ in the Blazy Mall has a photography show by Genevieve Klebba. The show, titled "Water Moods" will be on display through the month of February.
* Lauri Marta and Wade Wahrenbock have an exhibit at the Kaladi Brothers Coffee on the Sterling Highway for the rest of the month.
* The Brenda Clyde Quilt Show will be at Cottonwood Behavioral Health, 230 E. Marydale in Soldotna- Second Floor for February.
* The February exhibit "Heart and Soul: A Sculpture in Wood or Metal" will be at the Kenai Fine Arts Center this month.
* "PainT" exhibit is at the Kenai Visitor's and Cultural Center this month.
* Odie's Deli artist of month is Georg-Anne Phillips.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and Robb Justice at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Robert's Daughter tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday by Sam Johnson and James Eller from 6 to 8 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 .m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with DJ Mark Gage from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Robb Justice Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.