The following nonprofit organizations are seeking community members interested in lending a helping hand.
· The LeeShore Center is seeking community members interested in spending an hour a week keeping its clothes donation closet in order. For more information, call 283-9479.
· The Triumvirate Used Bookstore is looking for volunteers to work three hours per week (Tuesday through Saturday, from noon to 3 p.m. or from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.) at the store in the Peninsula Center Mall. Volunteers are needed for shelving, organizing and selling books. For more information, call Rosie Reeder at 262-2908. The bookstore and art gallery support the Triumvirate Theatre in the same location.
· Kenai Peninsula Pop Warner board is seeking volunteers interested in serving on the local board. A volunteer meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Connections Office. For more information, call Shelli Furlong at 252-7692 or Lee Young at 260-1901.
· The American Cancer Society 2007 Relay For Life committee is seeking volunteers to help with the relay that is scheduled for June 1 and 2 at Skyview High School.
A kick-off meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 19 in the Redoubt Room at Central Peninsula Hospital in Soldotna. For more information, call Lisa at 262-6656 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Soldotna Little League is seeking coaches and umpires for the 2007 season. For more information or to volunteer, call Jerry at 260-6650 or 398-7850 or Vickie at 398-6363 for information.
To have your volunteer requests listed, submit information to email@example.com or fax to 283-3299. For more information about this column, call 335-1241.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.