What's new in your business?
Have you opened a new business, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai.
Photos also will be considered. For more information, call Nan Misner at 335-1241.
Chambers set schedules
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce's luncheon will be held at noon Tuesday at Froso's Restaurant. The featured speaker will be Mike La Norman, vice-president sales, marketing and customer service for Era Aviation. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn. The featured speaker will be Merrill Sikorski on the "Caring for the Kenai" competition. For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Thursdays at the Nikiski Recreation Center. The featured speaker will be a representative from ConocoPhillips. On Feb. 21 the featured speaker will be Jeanne Camp.
For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
The chamber will hold its annual awards banquet March. 1 at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska in Kenai. For more information and event time, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676. Tickets are limited and sponsorships are available. Tickets are available from the following board members: Scott Hamann; JW Johns; Debbie Kassik, Judene Van Cleave; Durainey Rawls; Amanda Feagin; Mike Peak; Erich Deland Mike Chenault; or Sharon Burdick.
Bed and breakfast association to meet
The Kenai Peninsula Bed and Breakfast Association will meet at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Diamond M Ranch Bed and Breakfast, Cabins, RV Park on Kalifornsky Beach Road across from KSRM Radio Station. A program on paying borough sales taxes will be given by DeRay Jones with the Kenai Peninsula Borough Sales Tax Division.
It is open to the public. For more information, call Carrol Martin, 283-9424
KPC hosts small business workshop
There will be a small business workshop and question and answer session from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. Tuesday in room 201 at the Kenai Peninsula College in Soldotna.
The workshop will be co-hosted by Mark Gregory, director of the University of Alaska Anchorage Kenai Peninsula Small Business Development Center and Ray Zagorski, associate professor of business.
For more information, call Ray Zagorski at 262-0348.
New business announced
Ron Smith formerly of S&R Enterprises has opened Peninsula Scrap and Salvage Co. His general manager is Samy Young formerly of Alaska Metal Recycling in Anchorage.
The business deals in all types of metals. It has a wrecker/rollback truck to haul abandoned vehicles. The office hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
For more information, call 262-7258, fax 262-7734 or e-mail Alaska.email@example.com.
Healing touch, laughter classes offered
* Central Peninsula Hospital will hold a level two healing touch class from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 1 and 2. For more information, cost or to register, call Bonnie Nichols at 714-4500. This class offers 18 continuing education contact hours for nurses and massage therapists.
* Certified laughter leader classes will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 28 and 29 in Soldotna. The class is based on Dr. Kataria's Laughter Yoga, www.laughteryoga.org. The cost is $250 if payment received before Feb. 22.
For more information, call Bonnie Nichols at 714-4500.
Children's cooking workshops offered
Children ages 6 to 12 may attend pint-size workshop cooking classes at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai.
Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain during the 30-minute workshops.
For more information, call 262-3111.
To submit items to the Business page, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 283-3299.
The deadline for submissions is Monday at 5 p.m.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us