Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon today at the Nikiski Community Recreation Center in the multi-purpose room. Shanon Hamrick with the Kenai Peninsula Tourism and Marketing Council will be the featured speaker. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551. David MacDowell with BP Alaska will give a gas line presentation Feb. 22.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will host Shanon Hamrick with the Kenai Peninsula Tourism and Marketing Council at noon Tuesday at Froso’s in Soldotna. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9814.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will host Merrill Sikorski at noon Wednesday at Paradisos in Kenai. His topic will be the Caring for the Kenai program. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
· A Northern Dynasty -Pebble Mine presentation will be given at the Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce meeting at noon Wednesday at the Anchor River Inn.
Small business center hosts workshops
The Small Business Development Center will host several small business workshops in February at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12:
· A “Start Up” workshop, with Mark Gregory, director of University of Alaska Anchorage Small Business Development Center, will be held from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Feb. 26. Gregory will walk through the basic process of starting a business. There is no cost. Participants are asked to preregister no later than 4 p.m. one day prior to workshop
· Certification overview workshop will be held from 9:30 a.m. to noon Feb. 28. Information on the qualifications required for government contracting certification programs, the application process and contracting options for programs will be discussed. Participants are asked to preregister no later than 4 p.m. Feb. 26. For more information or to preregister, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth cooking classes
Pint Size Workshop cooking classes will be held at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Peterson Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai. Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain in the store during the 30 minute workshops.
Food bank fundraiser set to build
The Kenai Peninsula Food Bank invites businesses, organizations and families to enter the 2007 Canstruction event at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center slated for April 2 through 21.
Sculptures made out of nonperishable food items are eligible for awards such as the CAN-Do-Award or Ton-O-Tin-Award. Food collected will be distributed to needy Kenai Peninsula residents.
Entry forms are available at the food bank at 33955 Community College Drive, Soldotna. For more information, call 262-3111.
JA seeks volunteers
Junior Achievement of the Peninsula is seeking volunteer instructors for its upcoming classes in March. Volunteers will go into area classes and teach business, economics and free enterprise.
For more information, call Febra Hensley at 398-7173.
Wine tasting fundraiser set
Kenai Peninsula Builders Association will host a wine tasting and appetizer fundraiser at 6:30 p.m. March 3 at the Soldotna Senior Center. Select wines will be auctioned off to benefit the KPBA scholarship fund.
Table sponsorships are available for $200. Cab service will be available. The cost of admission is $45 dollars per person. Tickets are available from the following members: Marilyn Pipkin with First National Bank Alaska at 283-6810 , Nichole Smith with Southcentral Title Agency at 262-4494, Jeff Twait with DG Smith Builders, LLC at 262-2887, Mike Winegarden with the Floor Center at 260-6646 or KPBA at 283-8071.
Made In Alaska workshops slated
Made In Alaska workshops will be held at 9 a.m. to noon March 6 at the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce. “Marketing to Alaska” will begin at 9 a.m. and will cover Made In Alaska program highlights, marketing basics, direct mail, public relations and print ad design and placement.
“How to Photograph Products” will begin at noon and will cover basics of digital photography, hands on workshop photographing participants’ products that are current Made In Alaska or Silver Hand permit holders.
Workshops are free and open to the public. Preregistration is required. For more information, call (907) 272-5634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Business page appears each Thursday in the Peninsula Clarion. Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 283-3299.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us