What's new in your business?
Have you opened a new business, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai.
Photos also will be considered. For more information, call Nan Misner at 335-1241.
Chambers set schedules
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce's luncheon will be held at noon Tuesday at Froso's Restaurant. Featured speakers will be Mark Hamilton, president, University of Alaska; Fran Ulmer, chancellor, University of Alaska Anchorage; and Gary Turner, director, University of Alaska Anchorage Kenai River Campus. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn on Willow Street. The featured speaker will be Bill Howell with Kenai Peninsula College Student Services.
For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Thursday at Nikiski Recreation Center. The featured speaker will be Felix Martinez with M & M Market.
For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
The Nikiski chamber will hold its annual awards banquet Saturday at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska in Kenai. For more information and event time, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
Tickets are limited and sponsorships are available. Tickets are available from Hamann, JW Johns, Debbie Kassik, Judene Van Cleave, Durainey Rawls, Amanda Feagin, Mike Peak, Erich Deland, Mike Chenault or Sharon Burdick.
Dionne (Dee) Maze has opened Dionne's Salon, Inc. (formerly Zenny's Design Studio) at 224 Kenai Ave., Suite 101, in the Superstructures Building in Soldotna. Her stylists are Barb McMahill, Karri Ambosini, Susan Day and Michelle Moore. Hannah Anderson and Sandi Steele are the receptionists. The former owner will stay at the salon until the end of March.
For more information, call 262-3886.
Michelle Seaman of Kenai has opened Studio3Photography, a family photography studio in the Seaman Building in downtown Kenai. Sessions are available by appointment only. For more information, call 398-4259 or visit studio3photography.net.
Business workshops offered
The Small Business Development Center will hold the following workshops at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12 in the Red Diamond Center:
* A business start-up workshop to learn the basics of doing business will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. March 12. The fee is $15. The deadline to register is March 3.
* A business planning workshop will teach methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate business successes and failures from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. March 20. The fee is $20. The deadline to register is March 10.
* Quickbooks 2007 participants will learn to organize business data and to be prepared when tax time rolls around. The three-part class runs from 5 to 9 p.m. March 18, April 1 and 15. The fee is $125. The deadline to register is March 10.
For more information, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail email@example.com
Healing touch, laughter classes offered
Central Peninsula Hospital will hold a level two healing touch class from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, cost or to register, call Bonnie Nichols at 714-4500. This class offers 18 continuing education contact hours for nurses and massage therapists.
Children's cooking workshops offered
Children ages 6 to 12 may attend pint-size workshop cooking classes at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai.
Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain during the 30-minute workshops.
For more information, call 262-3111.
To submit items to the Business page, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 283-3299. The deadline for submissions is Monday at 5 p.m.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us