* Kenai Performers will present "The King and I" by Rogers and Hammerstein at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium in Kenai. The cost is $15 for general admission and $12 for students and seniors. Tickets are available in Kenai at Charlotte's and Halcyon Salon; in Soldotna at River City Books and Sweeney's Clothing; at Whitey's Music Shop on Kalifornsky Beach Road; in Nikiski at M & M Market; or at the door. In conjunction with the production Charlotte's in Kenai will offer a dinner and show special featuring a Thai menu Saturday. The option includes dinner at Charlotte's before the show at 5 p.m. then VIP seating for production at 7 p.m. The dinner special price is $50 per person and includes a ticket to the show. On Saturday, Charlotte's will auction a work of local artist, Mary Krull. Krull has created a window featuring King Mongkut's elephant design. For more information, call Chris Cook at 252-7929 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* A family dinner, live and auction fundraiser will be held to benefit Montessori Model United Nations Student Fund from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Soldotna Sports Center. Music will played from 5:30 to 11 p.m. Performers will include Charming Daughters, David Edward-Smith and Baked Alaskans. The price of admission is $5 per person or $20 per family. Tickets are available at River City Books or by calling Soldotna Montessori at 260-9221.
* The Kenai Performers will host high tea with Anna at 2 p.m. Saturday. Anna Leonowens (Crista Hippchen) and the wives of King Mongkut invite community members to visit the royal palace to have tea, with scones, finger sandwiches, music, dance and a silent auction of "King and I" memorabilia and authentic Thai treasures while surrounded by the set of the production. Tickets are $15 per person. Seating is limited and by reservation only. For more information, call Chris at 283-8350 or 252-7929.
Events and Exhibits
* Artists Without Borders will present a group show titled "In Arrears," featuring work from nine local artists in the 4D conference room on the corner of Marydale Avenue and the Spur Highway in Soldotna. For more information, call Susan at 262-3958.
* Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna has Kathryn Zerbe as its artist of the month.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center at 11471 Kenai Spur Highway will host two solo exhibits, one by photographer Ron Levy. Levy's exhibit "Relevance: The Search of Meaning in our Lives Connections through People, Animals, Earth, Spirt" is taken from more than 20 years of assignments and personal work throughout Alaska and the world; and the other by artist Chris Jenness. Jenness' exhibit will be of the illustrations created in his graphic art workshop. Both exhibits will be on display through Friday. The center also displays animal mounts, historic items and Alaska Native artifacts. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. For more information, call 283-1991.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna shows films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 8 p.m. Saturday and blind darts at 2:30 p.m. Sundays.
* Bluegrass jam sessions at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. The first Thursday of the month at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna and all others at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights, karaoke Wednesday nights, 150 Grit on Thursday nights and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Kaladi Brothers in Soldotna will host Mike Morgan Friday from 6:30 to 9 p.m. and Tyler Schlung Saturday from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
* Moosequitos will have an open dart tourney today; a bon fire on Friday; and live music with Jarod Woods on Saturday.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in the Blazy Mall has acoustic music from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday with Jay C. Smith and Saturday with Parker Longbough and Melissa Kay; and also hosts open mic night Mondays.
* The Crossing will have Mike Morgan playing folk, blues, Hawaiian and classic acoustic songs at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
* The Duck Inn has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Rainbow Bar has Monday night poker; pool leagues Tuesdays; and live music Thursday through Saturday. Mabrey Brothers will play at 10:30 p.m. today through Saturday, and March 6,7,8,13,14 and 15.
* The Riverside House lounge hosts After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have open mic at 6:30 p.m. today; Dan Pascucci and friends at 6:30 p.m. Friday; Scott Merry and friends at 6:30 p.m. Saturday; and a Sunday music jam at 2 p.m.
* 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for weekly listings and show times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for weekly listings and show times.
* Fairbanks Shakespeare Theater will present Tennessee William's "Camino Real" 7 p.m. March 7 and 2 and 7 p.m. March 8 at the Kenai Performers's Old Town Playhouse. For more information call Chris Cook at 252-7929 or e-mail email@example.com.
* New York guest artist Anne Thibault will present a one-woman show, "I Wrote This Play to Make You Love Me" 7 p.m. March 9 at the Kenai Performers's Old Town Playhouse. The play is rated for mature audiences. For more information call Chris Cook at 252-7929 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchorage and Beyond
* The Alaska State Fair's Cabin Fever Reliever Concert series continues with Billy Dean on March 15 and Heartland on April 5. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and all concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Raven Hall on the fairgrounds in Palmer. Tickets are available through TicketMaster.com and at Fred Meyer.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us